Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions...

1. -11
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    If you are having a hard time with it why are you so certain?

Here's what I think. Despite all the rumors that Oakland covets Floyd... Lotulelei actually goes there and it's Floyd who falls down the board somewhat, perhaps even past Richardson. To be honest though I'm not sure the three OTs go in the top five. Jacksonville in particular could go Jordan or Milliner. They already have Eugene Monroe and their new head coach was Seattle's DC. I'm also not sure on the order of the OTs. It wouldn't shock me at all to see Joeckel be the last one off the board.

If Milliner is on the board @ 6 and all of the OTs are gone I fully expect us to trade up for him. Would be shocked if we didn't, frankly. Then later in round one we'd trade up (which is going to be made more difficult with teams trading back into the 1st for QBs) for Menelik Watson. If we take an OT @ 6 then I'm not sure what will happen on a trade up of if we even trade up at that point.
    The Fins are not trading up for Milliner. No way.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Are you a wizard?

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you are having a hard time with it why are you so certain?

Here's what I think. Despite all the rumors that Oakland covets Floyd... Lotulelei actually goes there and it's Floyd who falls down the board somewhat, perhaps even past Richardson. To be honest though I'm not sure the three OTs go in the top five. Jacksonville in particular could go Jordan or Milliner. They already have Eugene Monroe and their new head coach was Seattle's DC. I'm also not sure on the order of the OTs. It wouldn't shock me at all to see Joeckel be the last one off the board.

If Milliner is on the board @ 6 and all of the OTs are gone I fully expect us to trade up for him. Would be shocked if we didn't, frankly. Then later in round one we'd trade up (which is going to be made more difficult with teams trading back into the 1st for QBs) for Menelik Watson. If we take an OT @ 6 then I'm not sure what will happen on a trade up of if we even trade up at that point.
    Pretty simple on the geno smith front. I knew after I watched him spin it at the combine and more importantly run in the 4.5's that he was going top 10. Not to mention too many teams that need Qbs up there...

Jax at #2 is tough but I lean Eric fisher there...it's a tough team to read...

Philly a hard read. think with the young olbs they have it won't be Jordan...they could trade out as well to a team coming up for an OT or geno smith..
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Are you a wizard?
    Guess not because I have no idea what your confusing comment means.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Why would we not? CB is just as big of a hole on this team as OT and is a more valuable position.

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    - Philly will draft Geno Smith
    - Buffalo will draft Matt Barkley
    - Pittsburgh will draft Jarvis Jones
    - Patriots will draft Justin Hunter

------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drumzan View Post
    - Philly will draft Geno Smith
    - Buffalo will draft Matt Barkley
    - Pittsburgh will draft Jarvis Jones
    - Patriots will draft Justin Hunter
    I could see all of that. I was very tempted to say barkleys a top 10 pick but I wonder about his arm in those buffalo winds. They just let go fitz who had a similar arm. I think barkleys a wco qb
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    Pretty simple on the geno smith front. I knew after I watched him spin it at the combine and more importantly run in the 4.5's that he was going top 10. Not to mention too many teams that need Qbs up there...
    Most of the teams in the top 10 that need a QB have solidified that position. KC, Arizona, Buffalo and Oakland all signed or traded for quarterbacks. That's not a coincidence. They know it's a weak group, probably the weakest since 2007. If Philly doesn't take Smith who does?

Jax at #2 is tough but I lean Eric fisher there...it's a tough team to read...
    Agreed. The whole draft is hard to read. The only stupid thing one can do is make definitive statements about what this team or that team is doing. It's all just speculation. My understanding is that even Jeff Ireland's staff doesn't know exactly what his plans are. If they did then I would know (not that I would say ). But they're just guessing, too. A few weeks back they were guessing Austin. Now they're guessing Milliner or Johnson.

Jacksonville could go a few different ways and it wouldn't shock me at all. They need a corner. They could even take Smith. I think their GM just came out and said they narrowed their decision making on #2 by deciding on the direction they want their franchise to go. It's easy to read too much into that but that's not the kind of comment that says "offensive lineman" to me.

Philly a hard read. think with the young olbs they have it won't be Jordan...they could trade out as well to a team coming up for an OT or geno smith..
    Maybe. But Chip Kelly coached Jordan. That's always a factor. They're a reasonable bet to take Milliner as well, after letting their top three corners leave town.

That would probably be the worst scenario from this FO's perspective. Milliner goes @ 4. Johnson goes 5. Now there's nobody they want to trade up for. That could very well lead to Rhodes being the pick @ 12.

Then again, a trade up to #4 isn't out of the question, either. I heard a rumor that would indicate we're at least exploring it (unlike the Oakland rumor, which came from Oakland).
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    I really hoped you wouldnt pair us with Rhodes.... not a fan of that pick at all.
    Sorry but if it is not a trade up for an OT I totally believe that is where we are headed at #12
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most of the teams in the top 10 that need a QB have solidified that position. KC, Arizona, Buffalo and Oakland all signed or traded for quarterbacks. That's not a coincidence. They know it's a weak group, probably the weakest since 2007. If Philly doesn't take Smith who does?

Agreed. The whole draft is hard to read. The only stupid thing one can do is make definitive statements about what this team or that team is doing. Jacksonville could go a few different ways and it wouldn't shock me at all. They need a corner. They could even take Smith. I think their GM just came out and said they narrowed their decision making on #2 by deciding on the direction they want their franchise to go. It's easy to read too much into that but that's not the kind of comment that says "offensive lineman" to me.

Maybe. But Chip Kelly coached Jordan. That's always a factor. They're a reasonable bet to take Milliner as well, after letting their top three corners leave town.

That would probably be the worst scenario from this FO's perspective. Milliner goes @ 4. Johnson goes 5. Now there's nobody they want to trade up for. That could very well lead to Rhodes being the pick @ 12.

Then again, a trade up to #4 isn't out of the question, either. There's stuff out there to say we're at least exploring it.
    I do not believe that any of those teams who brought in vets other than Oakland are out on qb in the top 10 automatically. Not Arizona not buffalo not even the New York jets if they can pawn off Sanchez. Even Cleveland at #6 could do something there. The vet signings and incumbents given the low cap hits on these rookie qbs tells me don't rule any of em auto out
    Quote Quote