Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions...

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    I could see all of that. I was very tempted to say barkleys a top 10 pick but I wonder about his arm in those buffalo winds. They just let go fitz who had a similar arm. I think barkleys a wco qb
    Those are the only 4 I have any confidence in. Haha.

------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drumzan View Post
    Those are the only 4 I have any confidence in. Haha.
    Well a 1st round pick on a wr is way out of belichicks character. Frankly can't remember him doing it in new england
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do not believe that any of those teams who brought in vets other than Oakland are out on qb in the top 10 automatically. Not Arizona not buffalo not even the New York jets if they can pawn off Sanchez. Even Cleveland at #6 could do something there. The vet signings and incumbents given the low cap hits on these rookie qbs tells me don't rule any of em auto out
    I disagree pretty strongly. Especially with including the Jets in that list because the condition you've made for them is self evidently impossible to satisfy.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I disagree pretty strongly. Especially with including the Jets in that list because the condition you've made for them is self evidently impossible to satisfy.
    The jets are trying to pawn Sanchez in the revis deal with Tampa. Want Tampa to take on his salary. Basically a dump. Part of what is holding up the negotiations for revis
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The jets are trying to pawn Sanchez in the revis deal with Tampa. Want Tampa to take on his salary. Basically a dump. Part of what is holding up the negotiations for revis
    Yeah, no kidding. Does anyone expect Tampa to do that, though?
    Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, no kidding. Does anyone expect Tampa to do that, though?
    Well the word seems to be they can cut him if they take him on. I'm just not sure if they will take an $8 mil hit if they do. I heard the jets will eat $9 mil if they trade him.

I also hear josh freeman has not won over schiano
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well the word seems to be they can cut him if they take him on. I'm just not sure if they will take an $8 mil hit if they do. I heard the jets will eat $9 mil if they trade him.

I also hear josh freeman has not won over schiano
    I don't think I've ever heard of a trade where a team took on a troubled asset just to help the trading team out financially. Not ever. Happens all the time in other sports without hard salary caps, but not football.

Wouldn't shock me that Freeman hasn't won over Schiano. Not a bit. But what does Sanchez have to do with that? Am I supposed to buy he likes him?

It's not a credible theory, imo. Just isn't. It's possible, you know... anything's possible. But not really worth discussing. If you're using that to bolster the argument that the Jets are in the Geno Smith sweepstakes that's pretty weak sauce.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think I've ever heard of a trade where a team took on a troubled asset just to help the trading team out financially. Not ever. Happens all the time in other sports without hard salary caps, but not football.

Wouldn't shock me that Freeman hasn't won over Schiano. Not a bit. But what does Sanchez have to do with that? Am I supposed to buy he likes him?

It's not a credible theory, imo. Just isn't. It's possible, you know... anything's possible. But not really worth discussing. If you're using that to bolster the argument that the Jets are in the Geno Smith sweepstakes that's pretty weak sauce.
    What? It is weak sauce to say that if the jets are able to lose Sanchez as a throw in for revis who they really really covet that they very well could be in the qb market with a top 10 pick? No it's not. I'd say it is unlikely they can dump him on someone but if they are hell bent on landing revis it is possible.

If you disagree with me on what jax at #2 is gonna do or Philly at #4 I get it. They are the toughest reads in the top 7 for sure. I'm not sure I go along with your Philly and geno smith thing nor any Miami is considering trading up for milliner theories either...
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Ziggy Ansah is still there at 12 - Draft him!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -30

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By the way has Miami ever even met with dee milliner? If we have I sure haven't heard about it. And I would put the odds Ireland trades up say to pick 6 for a guy they never have spent time with at nil. Would seem to be the exact opposite of the way he does things to me. I know we have met with Rhodes lane Johnson and tavon Austin
    Quote Quote