Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions...

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    By the way has Miami ever even met with dee milliner? If we have I sure haven't heard about it. And I would put the odds Ireland trades up say to pick 6 for a guy they never have spent time with at nil. Would seem to be the exact opposite of the way he does things to me. I know we have met with Rhodes lane Johnson and tavon Austin
    Yep. Milliner was in Davie on April 1st. Miami used one of its thirty pre-draft visits to bring him in.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    Yep. Milliner was in Davie on April 1st. Miami used one of its thirty pre-draft visits to bring him in.
    Hmmm well that is interesting then. I must have overlooked it.
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hmmm well that is interesting then. I must have overlooked it.
    Take this FWIW, but I read on draft insider that Miami would not bring it's first round selection in for a visit. Personally, I think there's a fairly good chance they trade up for Milliner. I think most likely is they trade up for Johnson, followed by Milliner, followed by actually making the selection at #12. Outside chance they go a little higher for Eric Fisher. IMO.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Take this FWIW, but I read on draft insider that Miami would not bring it's first round selection in for a visit. Personally, I think there's a fairly good chance they trade up for Milliner. I think most likely is they trade up for Johnson, followed by Milliner, followed by actually making the selection at #12. Outside chance they go a little higher for Eric Fisher. IMO.
    Well not bringing em in for a visit to the facility is one thing. Not meeting with them period another...zero doubt in my mind the latter means not in consideration.

Agreed on the really wanting to trade up and the top target is lane Johnson. I guess milliner could be plan b. don't believe they want to get up there for fisher though if they can get Johnson instead.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The one thing that kind of stands out to me is I haven't heard about or seen much evidence of Miami being interested in edge pass rush prospects. Maybe the plan is more about Vernon and a vet after the draft.

I have seen a lot of corner tight end and safety interest. And some slot wr and bigger targets at wr interest along with ot...some mike backer stuff as well
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    so 3 LT would go off the board in first five. we must be crazy to want one of those guys.
    Teams picking in the top 5 are usually known for making great personnel decisions. We should definitely try to emulate them. Oh, wait, we did that a Long time ago.

Quote Quote  

8. -38

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Not true. Just off the top of my head I know we've shown interest in Devin Taylor and Tank Carradine, and we've at minimum been at the pro days of other pass rushers like Cornelius Washington. In general we haven't shown as much interest as you (or I, for that matter) might think we should -- there's been a lot more interest in linebacker prospects in general -- but we've kicked the tires or a few of these guys.
    Well at least I like all 3 of those guys...
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The one thing that kind of stands out to me is I haven't heard about or seen much evidence of Miami being interested in edge pass rush prospects. Maybe the plan is more about Vernon and a vet after the draft.

I have seen a lot of corner tight end and safety interest. And some slot wr and bigger targets at wr interest along with ot...some mike backer stuff as well
    Yeah, other than pro days, I haven't heard or read a lot about any interest in the defensive ends. Maybe that is information the Dolphins are not allowing to leak out to the media. I know Miami was at the FSU pro day, but IIRC they sent OL coach Jim Turner (to workout Meneik Watson) and the QB coach.

One thing they have been doing is showing interest in defensive tackles. Shledon Richardson visited last week, Star Lotulelei is visiting tomorrow. They also worked Jesse Williams out at the Alabama pro day.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    I really hoped you wouldnt pair us with Rhodes.... not a fan of that pick at all.
    I completely agree. That pick would make me sick. I hate to pick guys in the first round who I watched throughout their careers, and never thought they would slot that high. That has exponentially more weight to me than anything they did at the combine, or individual workouts, or how they are rated in comparison to other players at their position.

I want someone who wowed me in college. Rhodes was just another player at Florida State far too often. I certainly wasn't afraid of the Canes exploring his area.

The problem with a pick like that is the ceiling is not as high as it appears. Rhodes might be picked 12th but there's more chance he'll play like a 2nd or 3rd rounder than a top 5 pick. The likelihood of error is down, not up. That's the way I look at it. Same argument I used with Ronnie Brown. Who the hell cared how he was rated in the spring? He was always second banana at Auburn and nobody expected him to be taken high first round, during the years he was actually playing. He was invented into the top handful of picks in the final months.
    Quote Quote