Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions...

1. -41
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I think the pick at 12 will be Eifert, Austin or Vaccaro...maybe Werner. "Safe" pick for Jeff too.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions...

Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I completely agree. That pick would make me sick. I hate to pick guys in the first round who I watched throughout their careers, and never thought they would slot that high. That has exponentially more weight to me than anything they did at the combine, or individual workouts, or how they are rated in comparison to other players at their position.

I want someone who wowed me in college. Rhodes was just another player at Florida State far too often. I certainly wasn't afraid of the Canes exploring his area.

The problem with a pick like that is the ceiling is not as high as it appears. Rhodes might be picked 12th but there's more chance he'll play like a 2nd or 3rd rounder than a top 5 pick. The likelihood of error is down, not up. That's the way I look at it. Same argument I used with Ronnie Brown. Who the hell cared how he was rated in the spring? He was always second banana at Auburn and nobody expected him to be taken high first round, during the years he was actually playing. He was invented into the top handful of picks in the final months.
    My issue isnt twelve being too high for Rhodes I think the value is fine but I dont ike the fit.

Rhodes isnt a good fit for our scheme, like Smith - who was a good player but a bad fit. Beyond that there is so much value in the later rounds with the likes of Slay, Poyer, Mathieu etc. No need to go cb in round one in my eyes.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think theres a chance Cleveland take Geno Smith.

Chudzinski worked wonders with Cam Newton and he and Turner would want a young QB to work with to start there time in Cleveland.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    My issue isnt twelve being too high for Rhodes I think the value is fine but I dont ike the fit.

Rhodes isnt a good fit for our scheme, like Smith - who was a good player but a bad fit. Beyond that there is so much value in the later rounds with the likes of Slay, Poyer, Mathieu etc. No need to go cb in round one in my eyes.
    I agree. I also like Jamar Taylor, Logan Ryan & Wreh Wilson. I would def take 2 CB's from this draft, but 100% not in 1st round.
    Identify the 4 positions of strength in the draft, then double up on each........ if possible

Tailor Free Agency accordingly, so that your need is these 4 strengths

2014 draft - RB - WR - OT - OG

1-Carlos Hyde RB Ohio St.
    2-Marcus Martin OG/C USC
    3-Donte Moncrief WR Mississippi
    4-David Yankey OG Stanford
    5-Seantrel Henderson OT Miami
    6-Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill
    7-Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley St.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I completely agree. That pick would make me sick. I hate to pick guys in the first round who I watched throughout their careers, and never thought they would slot that high. That has exponentially more weight to me than anything they did at the combine, or individual workouts, or how they are rated in comparison to other players at their position.

I want someone who wowed me in college. Rhodes was just another player at Florida State far too often. I certainly wasn't afraid of the Canes exploring his area.

The problem with a pick like that is the ceiling is not as high as it appears. Rhodes might be picked 12th but there's more chance he'll play like a 2nd or 3rd rounder than a top 5 pick. The likelihood of error is down, not up. That's the way I look at it. Same argument I used with Ronnie Brown. Who the hell cared how he was rated in the spring? He was always second banana at Auburn and nobody expected him to be taken high first round, during the years he was actually playing. He was invented into the top handful of picks in the final months.
    for the record i'm with you...i don't like it either...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -45

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    Yeah, other than pro days, I haven't heard or read a lot about any interest in the defensive ends. Maybe that is information the Dolphins are not allowing to leak out to the media. I know Miami was at the FSU pro day, but IIRC they sent OL coach Jim Turner (to workout Meneik Watson) and the QB coach.

One thing they have been doing is showing interest in defensive tackles. Shledon Richardson visited last week, Star Lotulelei is visiting tomorrow. They also worked Jesse Williams out at the Alabama pro day.
    i think they'd be on star if he fell to them...the biggest surprise for me with that top pick would be richardson given his character...that one will flat out shock me...i'm really struggling with jax and phillys picks...star could be in play with both those teams as well...ticks me off i don't have a bead on em...this years tougher than the past

i know dion jordan won't get past arizona at #7 if the ots are gone...could easily go all the way at #2 as well...
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft BIC "Butts in Chairs" FACTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I think the pick at 12 will be Eifert, Austin or Vaccaro...maybe Werner. "Safe" pick for Jeff too.
    Agree HF. I think the biggest factor for draft is 1. Playmaker, and all 3 fit that profile, 2. Position of need, again all 3 fit that, but last, and don't underestimate this one, 3. The BIC factor--Butts in Chairs. I think the front office realizes with the bond referendum and to get people back in the stadium they need another dynamic offensive playmaker for the #1 pick. If you consider the BIC factor I think Austin first, then Eifert. All bets are off if one of these others fall to us--Floyd or Star, or one of the 3 big OTs.

2a/2b Gio Bernard and best CB left on board
    3a/3b BPA--DE, OT, OG, TE, CB
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i think they'd be on star if he fell to them...the biggest surprise for me with that top pick would be richardson given his character...that one will flat out shock me...i'm really struggling with jax and phillys picks...star could be in play with both those teams as well...ticks me off i don't have a bead on em...this years tougher than the past

i know dion jordan won't get past arizona at #7 if the ots are gone...could easily go all the way at #2 as well...
    totally agree about Jordan. I predict 3 OT in top 4 & Geno Smith to Cleveland.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post

I think the Jaguars will take Dion Jordan, personally. I see Joeckel coming off first, followed by Jordan and then Floyd to Oakland. Philly is where it gets interesting. I think they'll be picking between DT with Star or QB with Geno. Don't buy the OT to Philly talk, athough Milliner could be an option there. Then I have Fisher to Detroit to round out the top five, leaving at minimum Lane Johnson on the board at #6 for the Dolphins to make that trade up. Thats pretty much how I see it right now. Of course, one or two trades in the top 5 and this whole thing gets blown up.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    by the way i did change my mind on one of my predictions this morning...i believe san fran will use it's second 1st round pick on dt jesse williams over te zach ertz if they have a choice...should have though about that prior to posting it...
    Quote Quote  

10. -50

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    I think the Jaguars will take Dion Jordan, personally. I see Joeckel coming off first, followed by Jordan and then Floyd to Oakland. Philly is where it gets interesting. I think they'll be picking between DT with Star or QB with Geno. Don't buy the OT to Philly talk, athough Milliner could be an option there. Then I have Fisher to Detroit to round out the top five, leaving at minimum Lane Johnson on the board at #6 for the Dolphins to make that trade up. Thats pretty much how I see it right now. Of course, one or two trades and this whole thing gets blown up.
    hard to argue with that...a top ot getting to #6 largely depends on what jax does at #2...if they do not go ot miami can feel comfortable one makes it to clevelands pick...
    Quote Quote