My Maureen. You've enhanced yourself.
Why, I can smile, and murder while I smile,
And cry 'Content' to that which grieves my heart,
And wet my cheeks with artificial tears,
And frame my face to all occasions.
I can add colours to the chameleon,
Change shapes with Proteus for advantages,
And set the murderous Machiavel to school.
Can I do this, and cannot get a crown?
here's how i have it...
1. kc- ot luke joeckel
2. jax- ot eric fisher
3. oak- dt shariff floyd
4. phil- dt star lotuleilei
5. det- ot lane johnson
6. cle- cb dee milliner
7. ariz- olb dion jordan
8. buf- qb geno smith
9. ny- olb barkevious mingo
10. ten- og jonathon cooper
11. san diego- og chance warmack
12. mia- cb xavier rhodes
i'm buying into star to philly at #4...outside shot of geno smith there but i doubt it...i don't believe dee milliner is in play there...
cleveland at #6 is where i think the first real shot of dee milliner coming off comes up barring someone trading up for him and if they do this is where i think the trade will happen pick #6...
wouldn't surprise me if lane johnson went ahead of one or both of those ots...on the upside...
the big faller is ezekial ansah who is still on the board in the teens...
the wild card in all this is tavon austin...
zona wants an ot but they can't stay at #7 and get it so they'll take the highest pass rusher on their board...given they don't run a 43 i think ansah is not in play there...a stand up olb like jordan if he gets there will not pass
I agree with a recent poster and many who have said this same thing in other posts. Don't discount the biggest factor in our first round pick being the "excitement" factor to get butts in the stadium. An Austin, Eifert type player who puts the ball in the endzone can return that buzz to the team that we haven't seen since Marino, Duper, Clayton. Just think ... Tannehill, Wallace, and Austin. That would create alot of excitement not to mention national exposure in prime time games. This is a big factor in the decisio making process and also does meet some important needs on the team to help us win again.
ansah fits the lombardi mode but it's a poor scheme fit...
Great thread. Lots of good theories. Here's a mix of my concepts, with many of these bits and pieces stated here and there above.
1. Dion Jordan is not getting out of the top 5. Jax and Philly make sense to me.
2. Cleveland will try to maneuver for Ryan Mallett. They need to get some extra day two picks to trade for Mallet. I expect them to try to trade down from 6, and trade Rubin, Shearn, and Brandon Weeden. They will wheel and deal like berserk.
3. SD could trade for Branden Albert AND draft either DJ Fluker or Chance Warmack. They need all the OL line help for Rivers they can get.
4. I doubt Miami goes for Xavier Rhodes. Strong but bad hips. I don't think Coyle will want that type of player at 12. They didn't even try to bring Sean Smith back and we're talking about a similar player who gets his hands on you early. I don't think that's what Coyle wants.
5. Sheldon Richardson could go higher than people expect.
6. Tavon Austin may be in play at 8 to Buffalo.
7. Matt Barkley is under-rated and I do not want him anywhere near the AFC East.
8. Revis will be a Buc on the 25th. Both teams want it too bad for it not to happen.
9. Mingo or Jarvis Jones to the loser Jets makes sense.
10. Jonathan Cooper to the Titans.
11. Justin Hunter for NE.
12. Zach Ertz will fall much further than people think.
13. Geno Smith will suck. So will Nassib. So will the big kid from NC State. They all suck.
Match the qb with the team:
Barkley - Zona (late 1 trade up)
Nassib - Buffalo (late 1 trade up)
the big clumsy kid from NC State - Jets
Smith - Philly or free fall (bust written all over him)
I really haven't been on the Efiert train at all but if we don't trade up I think he fits what Ireland likes in his 1st rounders. A solid contributor from Day 1. An upgrade at a position of need and safe pick. As many have stated Efiert fits everything we'd want in a player, most fans would like the pick or at least not hate the pick. He would help us score TDs which would be fantastic.
Let's go Miami!!!!