Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions...

1. -51
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    hard to argue with that...a top ot getting to #6 largely depends on what jax does at #2...if they do not go ot miami can feel comfortable one makes it to clevelands pick...
    I don't see it. The Jaguars have Eugene Monroe to play left tackle. It makes zero sense to draft a right tackle that high, especially for a team that needs all the impact players it can get. I'd be very surprised if Jacksonville went with Fisher or any other tackle, even if they are BPA. They'll take a defensive player, IMO.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfin View Post
    I don't see it. The Jaguars have Eugene Monroe to play left tackle. It makes zero sense to draft a right tackle that high, especially for a team that needs all the impact players it can get. I'd be very surprised if Jacksonville went with Fisher or any other tackle, even if they are BPA. They'll take a defensive player, IMO.
    eugene monroe isn't very good...and they decided not to extend him this offseason...still like you say they have more pressing needs on defense...i just heard a lot of eric fisher buzz there before all the bs started floating...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Monroe is a free agent after this year.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    here's how i have it...

1. kc- ot luke joeckel
    2. jax- ot eric fisher
    3. oak- dt shariff floyd
    4. phil- dt star lotuleilei
    5. det- ot lane johnson
    6. cle- cb dee milliner
    7. ariz- olb dion jordan
    8. buf- qb geno smith
    9. ny- olb barkevious mingo
    10. ten- og jonathon cooper
    11. san diego- og chance warmack
    12. mia- cb xavier rhodes

i'm buying into star to philly at #4...outside shot of geno smith there but i doubt it...i don't believe dee milliner is in play there...

cleveland at #6 is where i think the first real shot of dee milliner coming off comes up barring someone trading up for him and if they do this is where i think the trade will happen pick #6...

wouldn't surprise me if lane johnson went ahead of one or both of those ots...on the upside...

the big faller is ezekial ansah who is still on the board in the teens...

the wild card in all this is tavon austin...

zona wants an ot but they can't stay at #7 and get it so they'll take the highest pass rusher on their board...given they don't run a 43 i think ansah is not in play there...a stand up olb like jordan if he gets there will not pass
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with a recent poster and many who have said this same thing in other posts. Don't discount the biggest factor in our first round pick being the "excitement" factor to get butts in the stadium. An Austin, Eifert type player who puts the ball in the endzone can return that buzz to the team that we haven't seen since Marino, Duper, Clayton. Just think ... Tannehill, Wallace, and Austin. That would create alot of excitement not to mention national exposure in prime time games. This is a big factor in the decisio making process and also does meet some important needs on the team to help us win again.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    eugene monroe isn't very good...and they decided not to extend him this offseason...still like you say they have more pressing needs on defense...i just heard a lot of eric fisher buzz there before all the bs started floating...
    Does that mean they won't get a deal on him before he becomes a free agent? I just keep coming back to what that teams most pressing needs are. They need impact players at impact positions because that roster is so devoid of talent. Also, consider who the head coach now is and where he came from. Dion Jordan makes a lot of sense to me.

here's how i have it...

1. kc- ot luke joeckel
    2. jax- ot eric fisher
    3. oak- dt shariff floyd
    4. phil- dt star lotuleilei
    5. det- ot lane johnson
    6. cle- cb dee milliner
    7. ariz- olb dion jordan
    8. buf- qb geno smith
    9. ny- olb barkevious mingo
    10. ten- og jonathon cooper
    11. san diego- og chance warmack
    12. mia- cb xavier rhodes
    It makes sense. Obviously, we have the disagreements over what Jacksonville will do, and I don't think Dion Jordan is available for Arizona at #7 (although I do agree they will be likely to go pass rusher). Cleveland, I think, will be desperate to trade out of that spot and could find a partner in Miami to come up for Dee Milliner if it plays out like you think. If Cleveland can't trade out, I've heard talk of them going pass rusher. I've heard both Jordan and Jarvis Jones as possibilities there. I'm leaning Geno to Philly at #4 but Buffalo is definitely an option if they pass on him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does that mean they won't get a deal on him before he becomes a free agent? I just keep coming back to what that teams most pressing needs are. They need impact players at impact positions because that roster is so devoid of talent. Also, consider who the head coach now is and where he came from. Dion Jordan makes a lot of sense to me.

It makes sense. Obviously, we have the disagreements over what Jacksonville will do, and I don't think Dion Jordan is available for Arizona at #7 (although I do agree they will be likely to go pass rusher). Cleveland, I think, will be desperate to trade out of that spot and could find a partner in Miami to come up for Dee Milliner if it plays out like you think. If Cleveland can't trade out, I've heard talk of them going pass rusher. I've heard both Jordan and Jarvis Jones as possibilities there. I'm leaning Geno to Philly at #4 but Buffalo is definitely an option if they pass on him.
    unless cleveland loses sheard i doubt dion jordan is in play there...they have kruger as well they just signed...i don't think jarvis jones meets mike lombardis size and speed requirements in a olb...could they surprise and go qb??? i wouldn't rule it out...seems to me like if they can't trade out it's milliner

ansah fits the lombardi mode but it's a poor scheme fit...
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great thread. Lots of good theories. Here's a mix of my concepts, with many of these bits and pieces stated here and there above.

1. Dion Jordan is not getting out of the top 5. Jax and Philly make sense to me.
    2. Cleveland will try to maneuver for Ryan Mallett. They need to get some extra day two picks to trade for Mallet. I expect them to try to trade down from 6, and trade Rubin, Shearn, and Brandon Weeden. They will wheel and deal like berserk.
    3. SD could trade for Branden Albert AND draft either DJ Fluker or Chance Warmack. They need all the OL line help for Rivers they can get.
    4. I doubt Miami goes for Xavier Rhodes. Strong but bad hips. I don't think Coyle will want that type of player at 12. They didn't even try to bring Sean Smith back and we're talking about a similar player who gets his hands on you early. I don't think that's what Coyle wants.
    5. Sheldon Richardson could go higher than people expect.
    6. Tavon Austin may be in play at 8 to Buffalo.
    7. Matt Barkley is under-rated and I do not want him anywhere near the AFC East.
    8. Revis will be a Buc on the 25th. Both teams want it too bad for it not to happen.
    9. Mingo or Jarvis Jones to the loser Jets makes sense.
    10. Jonathan Cooper to the Titans.
    11. Justin Hunter for NE.
    12. Zach Ertz will fall much further than people think.
    13. Geno Smith will suck. So will Nassib. So will the big kid from NC State. They all suck.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Match the qb with the team:

Barkley - Zona (late 1 trade up)
    Nassib - Buffalo (late 1 trade up)
    the big clumsy kid from NC State - Jets
    Smith - Philly or free fall (bust written all over him)
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really haven't been on the Efiert train at all but if we don't trade up I think he fits what Ireland likes in his 1st rounders. A solid contributor from Day 1. An upgrade at a position of need and safe pick. As many have stated Efiert fits everything we'd want in a player, most fans would like the pick or at least not hate the pick. He would help us score TDs which would be fantastic.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote