Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man of steel

1. -11
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    they finally got someone to play superman, can't wait for this movie
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I got advanced screening tickets via Walmart's deal. I'll be seeing it with my wife on Thursday June 13th at 7 PM.

So far from the footage in trailers, etc, it looks like they've really updated the Superman character for modern times and done it well. I've heard that the studio is very pleased with how this turned out. I'm pumped to see it. Plus this dude actually looks like Superman. I'm the furthest thing from gay but the guy is built like a brick crap-house.
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Check out this trailer
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I got advanced screening tickets via Walmart's deal. I'll be seeing it with my wife on Thursday June 13th at 7 PM.

So far from the footage in trailers, etc, it looks like they've really updated the Superman character for modern times and done it well. I've heard that the studio is very pleased with how this turned out. I'm pumped to see it. Plus this dude actually looks like Superman. I'm the furthest thing from gay but the guy is built like a brick crap-house.
    me too. ill be seeing it Thursday. I had an opportunity to see it free on a military base on Saturday but didn't go. cant wait until Thursday

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Check out this trailer
    pure epicness
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reviews are coming in on the web now. Most of them are pretty positive (genre reviewers) to above average (non-genre reviewers). The EW.com review appears to be an outlier. That reviewer gave Man of Steel a "C". But after reading his nonspolier review, he doesn't appear to understand what they are trying to do with the movie.

I read that this is tracking to take in at least $100 million it's opening weekend. A sequal has already been green lighted and put on the fast track with Snyder directing and Goyer writing (again).
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    just got back!!!!the critics for this movie are complete idiots, I went with marvel fans and they loved it as well. the movie is epic. tons of action. there are some choppy spots in the movie but that's bc everyone already knows the origin story so they are trying to get it out of the way. the end is crazy!!!!! cant wait for a sequel and justice league
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My nonspoiler review:

This is a great movie. Visually stunning, especially the Krypton stuff. The movie runners successfully modernized the Superman character in an organic way from the bottom up (unlike the contrived way they gave him an illegitimate son in Superman Returns). The action is compelling. It's a Superman for the modern world and it's awesome. I can't wait to see what they do in the next one.

A couple of thoughts for those that haven't seen it yet: Don't go into it expecting a Marvel "WOW" factor. We get that from the Marvel movies because it's the first time you've ever seen those characters on the big screen. Superman has been on the big screen before. That kinda takes just a pinch of the WOW factor away, but doesn't diminish what you're seeing in any way.

Don't expect a lot of humor in this movie. There are a couple of chuckle moments through out and a laugh moment in the second to last scene (it was in one of the TV spots). But other than that this is a pretty humorless movie. I'm thinking they'll lighten it up slightly in the next one.

In the spoiler section below are a few of my thoughts about the movie that will be spoiler heavy. DO NOT READ THEM UNLESS YOU"VE SEEN THE MOVIE.

Spoiler 
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought it was avg at best. I just cant get into Superman like I can with Batman. I never once felt Superman was in any kind of danger cause he is basically invincible. And why did they make Zod so weak? Superman basically toyed with him the entire movie. LAME!

6/10 at best.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    FINALLY saw this movie last night with Pacific Rim (double feature at the Drive-In). I am sorry, this is an OUTSTANDING movie. I love all the nods to the original movies. Well the first two at any rate. And when Pa Kent want back for that dog. Oh man. I thought I was gonna cry. This movie works as a origina movie, sci-fi movie and super hero movie. Can't wait for it to hit DVD later this year.

@ Lou
    Spoiler 
    Last edited by DisturbedShifty; 07-14-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    FINALLY saw this movie last night with Pacific Rim (double feature at the Drive-In). I am sorry, this is an OUTSTANDING movie. I love all the nods to the original movies. Well the first two at any rate. And when Pa Kent want back for that dog. Oh man. I thought I was gonna cry. This movie works as a origina movie, sci-fi movie and super hero movie. Can't wait for it to hit DVD later this year.

@ Lou
    Spoiler 
    After thinking about MOS for awhile, I found more problems with the movie than I originally remembered. MOS was good and could have been great but there were characterization and motivation issues in the movie that I couldn't get over.

I literally just got back from seeing Pacific Rim. You haven't lived until you've seen a giant robot drag a ocean cargo ship down a downtown Hong Kong street and bash a giant monster in the head. Repeatedly. The characters in the movie are your run of the mill stock characters for this type of movie and Charlie Day's character got to be grating at times but all of that is forgiven because of the awesomeness that Jaeger vs Kajiu (and Ron Pearlman of course). I'll go ahead and say it was a better overall movie than Man of Steel.
    Quote Quote