Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

1. -181
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    The defense budget really isn't is out of control as people make it out to be hell we spend more a year on govt pensions. Tyler sadly I am right because I don't ever see it where we live in a world that some **** bird doesn't kill innocent people to further his cause. Then again I am not foolish enough to say because a attack happens we are losing or have lost

http://http://www.usgovernmentspendi...rrent_spending
    Government pensions were paid into by government workers. It's not welfare, it's a good that was purchased.

Military spending isn't like that. At all.

#freespesh
    Quote Quote  

2. -182
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's bull**** you know full well we don't blow up weddings every other week and that comment is a insult to the men and women that are out there with it all on the line everyday! Unfortunately collateral damage happens in war and we go way above and beyond to prevent it!
    Sorry, its hyperbole, but my point is that there have been a fair amount of innocent people that have been caught in the crossfire during drone strikes, many of which regular people like you and me, who have families, and want no part in this insanity going on, who happen to get blown up just like the spectators in Boston. See: http://drones.pitchinteractive.com/
    FIRE FAILBIN

**If the Dolphins make the playoffs, this sig will become HIRE PHILWIN**
    Quote Quote  

3. -183
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Government pensions were paid into by government workers. It's not welfare, it's a good that was purchased.

Military spending isn't like that. At all.
    Actually not all govt pensions are self funded many aren't. I am not saying there isn't some fat to be trimmed there what I'm saying is there are lots of other areas first. Defense spending cuts is always what the left spews while trying to push their social agenda.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

4. -184
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Sorry, its hyperbole, but my point is that there have been a fair amount of innocent people that have been caught in the crossfire during drone strikes, many of which regular people like you and me, who have families, and want no part in this insanity going on, who happen to get blown up just like the spectators in Boston. See: http://drones.pitchinteractive.com/
    Is this another conspiracy theorist site?
    Quote Quote  

5. -185
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is this another conspiracy theorist site?
    omg dude, its an interactive infographic designed by design company using public data and news reports... Nothing conspiracy about it. You can even hover over each incident and get a link to the source.
    Quote Quote  

6. -186
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually not all govt pensions are self funded many aren't. I am not saying there isn't some fat to be trimmed there what I'm saying is there are lots of other areas first. Defense spending cuts is always what the left spews while trying to push their social agenda.
    Everybody has a "social agenda." Yours is just different than mine. Discretionary domestic spending has already been cut passed the minimum. Entitlements are not discretionary. They're promised by the federal government and have been paid into by the people receiving them. The reason they're growing out of control is because medical costs are growing out of control.

Defense spending is what's left, and not only hasn't it been cut it keeps growing. That's where the "cuts" need to happen. The entire medical system needs to be reformed as well. If you care about deficits, that's where you need to look. The rest is bull****.
    Quote Quote  

7. -187
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Everybody has a "social agenda." Yours is just different than mine. Discretionary domestic spending has already been cut passed the minimum. Entitlements are not discretionary. They're promised by the federal government and have been paid into by the people receiving them. The reason they're growing out of control is because medical costs are growing out of control.

Defense spending is what's left, and not only hasn't it been cut it keeps growing. That's where the "cuts" need to happen. The entire medical system needs to be reformed as well. If you care about deficits, that's where you need to look. The rest is bull****.
    The defense budget has been seeing cuts for years stoping the Raptor production for the Joint Strike Fighter only to see that go way over budget. Reducing the Navy which will soon result in ships in port not deployed.

Te medical cost our out of control because we are forced to cover those who refuse to cover themselves. A pension isn't a entitlement even if a person didn't pay into it they did work for X amount of years to earn it.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    omg dude, its an interactive infographic designed by design company using public data and news reports... Nothing conspiracy about it. You can even hover over each incident and get a link to the source.
    Alright well plenty of sites posted earlier in this thread are developed by idiots wearing foil hats and looking for whispercopters.
    Quote Quote  

8. -188
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    The answer is so simple. More guns.

Get yer guns up!

Its common sense people. If you want to stop acts like this, you need more non criminals with guns. Thats all it takes.

If that officer at MIT wouldve just had a gun last night....... oh wait......... nevermind.
    Quote Quote  

9. -189
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The defense budget has been seeing cuts for years stoping the Raptor production for the Joint Strike Fighter only to see that go way over budget. Reducing the Navy which will soon result in ships in port not deployed.
    The Navy should be reduced. Federal law mandates we have 10 carrier strike groups when no other country has more than one. These carriers cost like $4.5 billion a piece. It's ridiculous.

Te medical cost our out of control because we are forced to cover those who refuse to cover themselves.
    Have you seriously not read anything on why medical costs are skyrocketing in this country?

A pension isn't a entitlement even if a person didn't pay into it they did work for X amount of years to earn it.
    Government pensions change depending on how many years you worked for the government. Pensions from private companies work the same way. As social security is gathered from taxpayers no matter what job or career they've had, I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about.
    Quote Quote  

10. -190
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    The answer is so simple. More guns.

Get yer guns up!

Its common sense people. If you want to stop acts like this, you need more non criminals with guns. Thats all it takes.

If that officer at MIT wouldve just had a gun last night....... oh wait......... nevermind.
    Dude was ambushed and killed might be a bit early to use him as the punch line in your sarcasm
    Quote Quote