Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

1. -191
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The Navy should be reduced. Federal law mandates we have 10 carrier strike groups when no other country has more than one. These carriers cost like $4.5 billion a piece. It's ridiculous.

Have you seriously not read anything on why medical costs are skyrocketing in this country?

Government pensions change depending on how many years you worked for the government. Pensions from private companies work the same way. As social security is gathered from taxpayers no matter what job or career they've had, I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about.
    Sorry I misread your entitlements are not discretionary line I'm in traffic. Yes I am well aware of the way a govt pension works I am also aware that several sections don't pay in, for example Air Traffic Control I have a buddy who is retired ATC his first yr pension wa $87,500 he gets medical and a 3% cola. I am also aware of how private pensions work I have one and yes I pay in and so does the company although that is all changing in our new contract.

I know medical cost has sky rocketed, but placing the blame on just more senior citizens drawing in it is wrong. Do you realize that we have more people loving off the govt in this country that are of able body and working age then most countries have in their workforce. The reason programs like welfare, social security, ssi, Medicare, Medicaid, etc are in trouble is because of flat out abuse and fraud.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

2. -192
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Really? That is why we have had bases in Germany and Japan for more than 7 decades after our last conflict with them? Every single place that has seen action from the US military maintains a strong US military presence there for decades after. I mean, would we really be ok with a British military base set up in Boston til this day?

Reducing our defense budget to more reasonable levels will not invite more attacks... if anything, it would reduce it if they couldn't recruit more terrorists by pointing to a story of US bombs accidentally blowing up innocent people at a wedding in their land every other week.

I think another thing that has happened is that we as Americans have become too sheltered from the realities of this whole situation. We always want to view ourselves as the guy in the white hat at the OK Corral, and in most cases, I think that is our intent, we try to be a force for good, but there are times when things are a bit more complicated, and our actions have led to the deaths of innocents. To those who have lost innocent family members as a result of "collateral damage", you think they view us as the guy in the white hat? Would you if in their situation? That creates more terrorist sympathizers...

and then the ball gets volleyed over the net, and back again, ad infinitum...

You really think the country can sustain itself for a few more centuries with half of their budget used to fight an enemy they can never defeat? I just don't see that as a possibility...
    Stop it Skape. You knew exactly what I meant when I typed staying in a country, as in occupying it.

We're not Rome, we're in no real danger of folding under our own weight. We use our military in a totally dif way.

It's a ****ef world. Our military is why we are a free country. You screw with that then IMO we are in danger of losing what we are and what we have.
    Quote Quote  

3. -193
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    I have a good friend who's been on unemployment for I don't know how long. He's mid 30s, in good shape and very able bodied. I ask him why he doesn't get a job. He says why should I. I get paid each month for doing nothing, I have two roommates to help with rent and I can afford what I want with my unemployment check. That sounds broken to me
    Quote Quote  

4. -194
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    I have a good friend who's been on unemployment for I don't know how long. He's mid 30s, in good shape and very able bodied. I ask him why he doesn't get a job. He says why should I. I get paid each month for doing nothing, I have two roommates to help with rent and I can afford what I want with my unemployment check. That sounds broken to me
    I agree but at least once upon a time he and his employer paid into unemployment. I am sure he has long exhausted those benefits though, although most states are getting aggressive in investigating that he is actively Jon sealing etc.
    Quote Quote  

5. -195
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    shots fired in watertown, explosions heard, lets see if they can finally get this animal
    Quote Quote  

6. -196
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    shots fired in watertown, explosions heard, lets see if they can finally get this animal
    Yep, a lot of activity going on right now.
    Quote Quote  

7. -197
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    At this point I would say let the police hold the perimeter and send in Devgru to get him!
    Quote Quote  

8. -198
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i really want this guy to be caught alive and have to suffer, but i just cant see him being taken alive, especially with all the gunfire now being heard.

i hate when we can never get answers, and these people then never have to face the public and suffer.

i hope there is really a hell
    Quote Quote  

9. -199
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Boston Globe as well with a few other twitter accounts say they have a man pinned down... Could be a false report though
    Quote Quote  

10. -200
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    At this point I would say let the police hold the perimeter and send in Devgru to get him!
    Nah we dont want the ****er to take one to the noggin. Far too good for him.

Quote Quote