Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 202122232425

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

1. -241
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    ^Even an illegal person here has the Miranda rights too...
    I did not know that.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

2. -242
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Isnt that illegal? I think most fairly educated people know their Miranda rights regardless.
    No, just means any answers given cannot be used against you in the court. To quote a defense attorney from another site that helped explain to a layman like me. Few of the defendants he represents have ever been mirandized because while direct statements cannot be used, leads from statements obtained can.

1) The police don't give me my Miranda warning and get me to confess and I say I left the murder weapon in the trunk of my car. They get a warrant. They CAN use the gun against me. Yep, that's right. There is NO fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine for 5th Amendment violations.

2) The police give me my Miranda warning and I shut the **** up. They act on their hunch and open up my trunk. For the purposes of this, this is clearly a 4th Amendment violation (no exigent circumstances, no search incident to arrest covers it, no inventory search covers it, what have you). They CANNOT use the gun against me. There IS a fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine for 4th Amendment violations.

It goes even farther. Let's say this prosecution gets contentious and this jackass takes the stand. He confessed to the bombing and knowing he had a bomb but on the stand says no, I didn't do it -- that all he did was carry the backpack and drop it when his brother yelled at him to drop the thing. He claims he had no idea there was any bomb. His statement obtained without Miranda then becomes fair game and can be used to impeach him. The Miranda right is a very weak right in practice. That said, if they can't prove (I think it's probable cause to think there was) an ongoing emergency and if he does not testify, they won't be using any statement he makes in interrogation against him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -243
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ah American Sheeple, is it any wonder the government continues to stage attacks on itself to push its agenda? If you think the American government is trustworthy, just ask Native Americans and Guatemalans.
    -Notice how the media never mentioned the name of the guy who they supposedly carjacked...
    -Notice how the guy who is still alive, cant speak. And the FBI is by his side; what do you think the FBI is doing by his side? Brainfeeding him, putting him on pills to shut him up.
    -Notice how the guy who lost both legs was seen wheelchaired away without any blood spilling. Odd...
    -Notice how there was a guy on the roof as the explosion occurred. Odd.
    -Notice how there were Blackwater-like guys hanging around the area as explosions went off. As they left the area, some had no backpacks. Odd..
    -Notice how after 9/11, we invaded Iraq...who did nothing to us. Notice how after Sandy Hook, government fought for gun control. Now, government is fighting for more surveillance. Wake up, America. For once in your lives think outside the box and dont listen to everything the media tells you. Do your own research.
    -What do I think happened? He was paid to drop a bag for a controlled demolition or something, then ran when he realized it actually went off. Police cought him, tried to kill him but failed...so they shot him in the neck to prevent him from talking. Now they are covering him in the hospital to brainfeed him. Oh no, thats just conspiracy talk right? Our beloved government would NEVER do such a thing....because we live in such a perfect world. Ok, sheeple. Have fun with that when martial law takes place.
    Quote Quote  

4. -244
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePoizon View Post
    Ah American Sheeple, is it any wonder the government continues to stage attacks on itself to push its agenda? If you think the American government is trustworthy, just ask Native Americans and Guatemalans.
    -Notice how the media never mentioned the name of the guy who they supposedly carjacked...
    -Notice how the guy who is still alive, cant speak. And the FBI is by his side; what do you think the FBI is doing by his side? Brainfeeding him, putting him on pills to shut him up.
    -Notice how the guy who lost both legs was seen wheelchaired away without any blood spilling. Odd...
    -Notice how there were Blackwater-like guys hanging around the area as explosions went off. As they left the area, some had no backpacks. Odd..
    -Notice how after 9/11, we invaded Iraq...who did nothing to us. Notice how after Sandy Hook, government fought for gun control. Now, government is fighting for more surveillance. Wake up, America. For once in your lives think outside the box and dont listen to everything the media tells you. Do your own research.
    -What do I think happened? He was paid to drop a bag for a controlled demolition or something, then ran when he realized it actually went off. Police cought him, tried to kill him but failed...so they shot him in the neck to prevent him from talking. Now they are covering him in the hospital to brainfeed him. Oh no, thats just conspiracy talk right? Our beloved government would NEVER do such a thing....because we live in such a perfect world. Ok, sheeple. Have fun with that when martial law takes place.
    If only the sheeple could apply Occam's Razor to this situation, maybe theyd see the truth. Keep up the good fight TruePoizon.

Quote Quote  

5. -245
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tell us a little bit more about your career with CNN. I'm intrigued.
    I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.
    Quote Quote  

6. -246
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When IS martial law going to take place anyway? I mean, how many false flags and instigated attacks/shootings is it going to take before it's finally here? Cuz personally, it's the waiting that I can't stand.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

7. -247
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Notice how after Sandy Hook, government fought for gun control.
    By the way. SOME in the government fought for gun control. Slightly more than that fought for nothing more than extending background checks. But in the end, "the government" said no.
    Quote Quote