Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tavon being considered?

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FRESNO STATE BULLDOGS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinheel View Post
    I guess you think Randall Cobb is a situational player too.
    This is my problem with Austin. He gets compared to Cobb and Harvin when he is 20-30lbs lighter than those guys. He's even lighter than Sproles. Physically he is a Dexter McCluster or Brandon Banks (~170lbs), not a Cobb or a Harvin. Austin is a quick blazer, but no physical specimen.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    I think Austin is going to be awesome but his shelf life in the nfl is going to be short. I think of Donte Hall that used to play for the Chiefs wen I think Austin.
    Dante Hall is much bigger than Austin. As are everyone else he gets compared to.

If all you're goin' on is my confession, forget it. I'm simply not credible. -Dale Gribble
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdmond View Post
    To me it's pretty obvious Lane Johnson is the target based on the smokescreen Miami is putting on. I'm not thrilled about it either. Austin or Eifert would have a greater impact than any OT in the draft.
    At the end of the day you cant do **** without a good offensive line thats where it all starts so it makes perfect sense to get an OT in the first esp Johnson whos a freak and athletic as hell which is perfect for that zone blocking scheme obviously its not a pretty pick but if you cant protect the QB or establish the run everything is garbage period!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderl33t View Post
    This is my problem with Austin. He gets compared to Cobb and Harvin when he is 20-30lbs lighter than those guys. He's even lighter than Sproles. Physically he is a Dexter McCluster or Brandon Banks (~170lbs), not a Cobb or a Harvin. Austin is a quick blazer, but no physical specimen.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Dante Hall is much bigger than Austin. As are everyone else he gets compared to.
    The difference with Austin and the guys you mentioned is that he is tough and strong as hell and just a pure football player hes like a small Heinz Ward and for his size like heinz he can block great! none of those other guys can block and pound for pound arent nearly as tough or strong!
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What are you talking about Hall was 5'8 185!?

Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFFIE View Post
    Eifert and Swope please take swope over Austin
    I concur.
    Difference Makers dolphins should target in draft:
    Chance Warmack (OG) Alabama
    Ezekiel Ansah (DE) BYU
    Tyler Eifert (TE) ND
    Xavier Rhodes (CB) FSU
    Margus Hunt (DE)
    Ryan Swope (WR) Texas A&M
    Andre Ellington (RB) Clemson
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope its Austin, I really do. We'll do.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Where is the source for this? Or is that not needed on this website?

Not saying its not true but I havnt seen anything saying we want Austin or want to trade down for eifert.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FRESNO STATE BULLDOGS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Go to 2:40...he's so light, he can't take a chest bump from his teammate, lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3_UNFZHSQU

Seriously, though, I like Austin a lot, but I believe his durability at 175 lbs is a question mark, and limited upside due to his small size. I'd rather take a guy at 12 overall whose size/speed combo is an upside, not a downside.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Canadian Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks

Austin is listed at 176 lbs. Harvin at 184, Hall at 187 according to NFL.Com. Not that much of a difference considering he can add some weight. Tony Martin was a stick and had a pretty good career as a WR.
    Andyman
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Go to 2:40...he's so light, he can't take a chest bump from his teammate, lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3_UNFZHSQU

Seriously, though, I like Austin a lot, but I believe his durability at 175 lbs is a question mark, and limited upside due to his small size. I'd rather take a guy at 12 overall whose size/speed combo is an upside, not a downside.
    I do feel what you're sayin though. I'd like my star players to have elite size as well.
    Quote Quote