Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who would u compare Eifert to ?

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

CONCUR who would u compare Eifert to ?

I realli like this kid and hope we draft him #12 i dont care if its a reach he is the best TE in the draft and i think would really help out this team.we can fill in the CB,OT,DE in rounds 2 and 3.lets get a playmaker in round one?
    who does Eifert remind you off at TE ?( a player now or in the past)
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Anchorage, AK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I honestly think Eifert is who we are going to draft...even at #12. Keller is on a one year deal. Eifert would be one of the final pieces of the puzzle for our offense going into the future.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by akfinfan View Post
    I honestly think Eifert is who we are going to draft...even at #12. Keller is on a one year deal. Eifert would be one of the final pieces of the puzzle for our offense going into the future.
    Least we have Keller. Currently we have a huge hole in O-line. Keller is solid starting TE, very athletic. Jonathan Martin on the other hand.....I worry about him starting at LT. In other words Id much rather have Keller and Clay as our TE's than Martin at LT and I think most would agree. therefore a TE would be a luxury pick cause we have O-line issues to fill. A pass catching TE wont do us any good if Tannehill doesnt have time to throw the damn ball

But I compare Eifert to Greg Olsen. Which means he isn't worth the 12th pick. Gotta have a good o-line to succeed. Ravens won the super bowl without drafting a TE in the 1st round, Giants didnt have a great TE either. Gotta be able to protect the QB
    Dol-fans....

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Witten 6-6 259, 4.65 40, Vert 31
    Eifert 6-5 252, 4.68 40, Vert 35.5

Both good blockers and very smart. Witten was a 3rd pick, but that was a time when TEs were not a big part of the offense. Today they are more valuable. At 12 it is a bit of a reach, but if all the tackles are gone at 8-10 I would sit tight and go ahead and draft Eifert. Kelce is the only other TE with the same talent and Kelce will be deemed undraftable by this front office because he is a head case.
    Last edited by KTOWNFINFAN; 04-17-2013 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Witten 6-6 259, 4.65 40, Vert 31
    Eifert 6-5 252, 4.68 40, Vert 35.5

Both good blockers and very smart. Witten was a 3rd pick, but that was a time when TEs were not a big part of the offense. Today they are more valuable. At 12 it is a bit of a reach, but if all the tackles are gone at 8-10 I would sit tight and go ahead and draft Eifert. Kelce is the only other TE with the same talent and Kelce will be deemed undraftable by this front office because he is a head case.
    Ditto!! I couldn't type the same thing up fast enough
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He has been compared to Witten by several talking heads. Either way, I'm high on him. I really hope MIA walks away w/ him in this draft.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Eifert reminds me of Jimmy Graham. He's could be called a big wide receiver. If you're older I'm thinking a young Russ Francis.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorygrant83 View Post
    Eifert reminds me of Jimmy Graham. He's could be called a big wide receiver. If you're older I'm thinking a young Russ Francis.
    I think you are wrong. Graham is another animal all together. Graham is a 4.5 guy, not a high 4.6. Graham can't block and Eifert will be pretty good. Eifert is an all around blocking AND mismatch TE, but he doesn't create the same type of mismatch that a Jimmy Graham can. Two totally different players. Keller is our Graham, Eifert is much more balanced.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    I think you are wrong. Graham is another animal all together. Graham is a 4.5 guy, not a high 4.6. Graham can't block and Eifert will be pretty good. Eifert is an all around blocking AND mismatch TE, but he doesn't create the same type of mismatch that a Jimmy Graham can. Two totally different players. Keller is our Graham, Eifert is much more balanced.
    This is why I would rather have Kelce. (balanced and can be drafted on late second early third round)
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think he's a reach at all. I'd love to have Eifert.
    Quote Quote