Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Tayvon Austin and Marcus Vick

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Tayvon Austin and Marcus Vick

I saw on Deadspin another story involving Marcus Vick and the dumb comments he made on twitter re gay Arizona players that attracted attention. From there I looked back at older Marcus Vick tweets and was surprised to see a string of messages between him and Tayvon Austin.
    I see Austin as one of the best prospects that we can draft next week, I'm blown away by his highlight video, but it struck me that this looks like poor judgement if he has befriended one of the dumbest ex-players of all time, (who is set to go back into jail).
    Austin has terrific talent but he needs to learn very rapidly that he will be judged by who he associates with. Does anybody else share these concerns?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no.

from what i remember, marcus vick was a knuckle head in college and had issues. austin is squeeky clean.

and we are long past any moral sense in this country anymore. the nfl is a reflection of the times. they give murderous thugs, gangbangers, wife beaters, dope dealers, dope users, drunk drivers chance after chance. it would be a shame for a kid like tayvon to go the, what is it called, "keeping it real" path and throw a nice future away supporting old homies from the hood and blowing all his money in the strip bar buying anyone and everyone hookers and blow.

i havnt seen the tweets. dont know what was said between tayvon austin and marcus ware. but MANY, MANY alumni and formers keep up with the team [see the U]. so as of right now, untill i see something other tayvon exchancging tweets with an former wvu alum, something more sisister than getting tweets from a guy who isnt down with the whole homosexual thing, not even worth a second look.

it is funny though how we have all these thug characters in college and nfl, guys who have murdered, been a part of crimes untold and gangster affiliation and when things arrise, everyone wants them to get a second, third, forth chance. and again, i havnt seen the tweets but someone makes a comment on homosexuality and here comes the mob with the tar and feathers.

just sayin'.
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love Austin. Dude grew up in Baltimore. If he wanted to get into trouble, I'm sure it would have been easy.

But Marcus Vick went to Virgina Tech.

A lot of people still hate Mike Vick. I do. I'll never want anything but the worst for the guy. The league and the public tends to be pretty critical of unsavory behavior. Success makes many forget about negative behavior. Ray Lewis is a good example, but Adam Jones is still seen a troublemaker and a thug by most, and he's stayed clean for a few years, so I think you're exaggerating the chances that people want to give. And are you saying that we should accept hateful language?
    Quote Quote