Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone caught up in Ryan Swope?

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEBACKRICKY View Post
    Yeah I agree, people tend to see white and they automatically assume he can't be the fastest guy on the field. I've watched a lot of A&M games and I've seen him dust a lot of defenders. I knew he was fast but I'll be honest the 4.3 did surprise me.
    This is why people are saying he doesn't play as fast as he timed. People was looking at him being more of a 4.5 player. When he ran the 4.3 people had to go back and look at his tape to see if there was something they missed.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    yes Hartline and Swope are white...well spotted. Pity as players they are nothing alike.

Garbage comparison based on racial stereotypes Im not even going to bother reading the rest of your post.
    I also stated we get what Swope has in Bess and Gibson. Comprehend. Stop picking the piece you want to hear and comprehend.
    Their isn't much difference in Swope and Hartline besides Swopes 4.3 speed. Both run good routes, both have good hands, both are good locker room guys, neither will scare anyone on the outside of the field, both seem tough. The differences between Swope and hartline are simply a few mili-seconds in the 40 and Hartlines' 2 inches. Now, I explained why I feel they are similar. Will you explain why you don't think so. That's a more effective way to TRY and prove your point instead of bringing race into it. If you disagree with my comparision, say so and refute it. You have done none.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by mbhcu98 View Post
    I also stated we get what Swope has in Bess and Gibson. Comprehend. Stop picking the piece you want to hear and comprehend.
    Their isn't much difference in Swope and Hartline besides Swopes 4.3 speed. Both run good routes, both have good hands, both are good locker room guys, neither will scare anyone on the outside of the field, both seem tough. The differences between Swope and hartline are simply a few mili-seconds in the 40 and Hartlines' 2 inches. Now, I explained why I feel they are similar. Will you explain why you don't think so. That's a more effective way to TRY and prove your point instead of bringing race into it. If you disagree with my comparision, say so and refute it. You have done none.
    Gibson isnt even a slot receiver either, so again im going to leave this post at the first sentence as well. Defend your lazy racial stereotypes all your like, its still bull**** to compare Swope to a player he is nothing like in Hartline.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd take him in the 3rd if he makes it that far.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=Digital;1064660572]Seriously? So, a guy who runs faster than Randall Cobb, jumps higher than Randall Cobb, tests quicker laterally in the 3-cone and the shuttle than Randall Cobb, is taller and heavier than Randall Cobb and you want to call him Brian Hartline? Hartline runs a 4.52, Mike Wallace runs a 4.32, and Ryan Swope ran a 4.34 ... hmmmm. Hartline is 6'2, Wallace is 6'0, and Swope is 6'0 ... hmmm. If you're going to blindly compare Swope to someone without any merit ... you might as well compare him to Mike Wallace. The reality is that Ryan Swope isn't Welker, he isn't Hartline, and he isn't Mike Wallace. If Danny Amendola could stay healthy a full season, Swope would be a bigger, faster, better version of him perhaps, but really, Swope doesn't profile to any of these white receivers so many nay-sayers want to project him to be. The guys with his athletic ability are very rare.

LOL. You're comparing combine numbers instead of him ON THE FIELD.lol. Stop it. Tell me when I'm wrong- does swope run good routes? so does hartline. can swope catch the ball well? so can hartline. can they both get down field? yes. are they both good locker room guys? yes. swope may be better underneath than hartline and that's a difference but, swope still does not gives us what we need in a WR. Pay attention to that statement. That's the one that is actually important. He is a 6'0" WR. I also stated, swope doesn't give us much more than bess or Gibson. Yet you failed to comment on that part. Swope ran a 4.3 but, he studied and practiced for that 4.3. Run it again in 2 years.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=uk_dolfan;1064661350]Gibson isnt even a slot receiver either, so again im going to leave this post at the first sentence as well. Defend your lazy racial stereotypes all your like, its still bull**** to compare Swope to a player he is nothing like in H

Lol, except where I pointed out they are similar. So, you still have nothing?
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another way Swope and Hartline are similar is this..... neither gives us what we need in a WR. A tall, fast WR that can go up for the ball and be a red zone threat. We can get that in a TE also but, we should have that option at both positions. We don't want to tip our hands down in the red zone.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Why is everyone caught up in Ryan Swope?

[QUOTE=mbhcu98;1064661371]
    Gibson isnt even a slot receiver either, so again im going to leave this post at the first sentence as well. Defend your lazy racial stereotypes all your like, its still bull**** to compare Swope to a player he is nothing like in H

Lol, except where I pointed out they are similar. So, you still have nothing?
    I dont need to, your agrguement is totally wrong.

Ones a slot reciever, one goes down the sideline and both have different games. They just happen to both be white.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=uk_dolfan;1064661381]
    Quote Originally Posted by mbhcu98 View Post

I dont need to, your agrguement is totally wrong.

Ones a slot reciever, one goes down the sideline and both have different games. They just happen to both be white.
    In college swope did it all. He wasn't only a slot guy, he got deep a lot. Do your homework. Stop projecting what you think and watch his tape. Again, in my comparison, where was I wrong. Absent an answer, you are irrelevant.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Why is everyone caught up in Ryan Swope?

[QUOTE=mbhcu98;1064661452]

In college swope did it all. He wasn't only a slot guy, he got deep a lot. Do your homework. Stop projecting what you think and watch his tape. Again, in my comparison, where was I wrong. Absent an answer, you are irrelevant.
    lol

he did it all? do you approve of white recievers playing more than one set role? Dont they have to play the Swope/Hartine/Welker/Decker/Nelson/Amendola role?
    Quote Quote