Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Eifert will be the pick

1. -1
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft Tyler Eifert will be the pick

I probably should've put this in the daft forum but if it needs moved I apologize.

Here is why I believe we will select TE-Tyler Eifert. First I will look at players worth drafting at #12 and top players in general. I left out QB, RB, and LB. LB because we just spent big money on Wheeler and Ellerbe.

O-line: Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher, Lane Johnson, Chance Warmack, Jonathan Cooper.
    WR: Corderrelle Patterson, Tavon Austin, Keenan Allen
    TE: Tyler Eifert
    DB: Dee Milliner, Kenny Vaccaro, Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant.
    D-line: Ziggy Ansah, Dion Jordan, Sharrif Floyd, Star Lotulelei, Barkevious Mingo, Bjoern Werner, Demontre Moore.

Next I will remove guys based on availability and scheme fit.

O-line: Jonathan Cooper.

WR: Corderrelle Patterson, Tavon Austin, Keenan Allen
    DB: Kenny Vaccaro, Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant.
    D-line: Star Lotulelei, Bjoern Werner, Demontre Moore.

I removed all 3 tackles, because they will be gone, trading up doesn't seem right(gut feeling) especially considering the depth. Warmack will be a good guard itís just he didnít really pull or anything we need guys to do. Ziggy and Jordan will go early and Mingo doesnít fit. Jordan and Mingo are best suited for a 3-4 but Jordan has the frame to add weight for DE but I donít think Mingo does. Milliner will be gone early too.

Now I will remove guys that we donít need or arenít really worth #12

WR: Tavon Austin
    DB: Kenny Vaccaro, Xavier Rhodes.
    D-line: Bjoern Werner.

I removed Cooper because we really donít need it. Lotulelei based on need and health. Moore, Trufant, Allen based on value. Patterson is not a need or worth the risk.

Now for those left. Vaccaro is a good S but with Jones and clemons it doesnít make sense. Especially since the tape doesnít say difference maker, solid, but we need a difference maker. Rhodes again solid but the tape isnít difference maker material and there are questions about his zone defense. Werner I like but I believe in Vernon and there will be pass rushers available later. Werner is better than what we but not by much. However Ansah would be way better than what we have but gone early.

That leaves Austin and Eifert. Austin is fast, versatile, and a playmaker. However his size is a question mark and may be limited to the slot. You can say he can return punts and kicks but Thigpen returned both a punt and a kick to the house. He can run reverses and screens but so can Wallace. My point is we have guys that can do those extra tasks. Also considering we can get a guy like Swope or some other speedy guy for the slot in later rounds.

Eifert is big at 6-6 251 and that is an element we lack ďSizeĒ. He needs to work on blocking but he is still solid at it. Combine numbers arenít everything but they match his tape. He was a top performer in all the measurables of the TE group. Eifert is a red zone and seem threat. Can go up and get the ball. Iím sold on Eifert.

4th in the 40 at 4.68
    Tied for 3rd in the bench press at 22
    2nd in the vertical at 35.5
    Tied for 2nd in the broad jump at 119.0 Ė 9feet- 11 inches (I think)
    1st in the 3 cone drill at 6.92
    3rd in the 20 yard shuttle at 4.32
    2nd in the 60 yard shuttle at 11.52

Good watch http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...ert-Notre-Dame
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was watching NFL Network last night and they were discussing the Jets draft strategy. They threw out the possibility the Jets may take Eifert at 9. Hope not but the Jets don't have any TE's worth squat now that Keller left them.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Works for me
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its a possibility with the Jets Taking Eifert. We all see what Gronk does for the Patriots when he's in the game and not on the field......But...

...they are the jets and they are under contract with the NFL to screw up the 1st round pick every year to the end of time.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Heavy Hitter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pittstown, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have been praying every night for this to happen. I hope it comes to fruition.
    A New Era

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Eifert is actually the only offensive skill player that Draft Nasty, using their complex formula > http://www.draftnasty.com/football/big-board/
    grades out as being first round-worthy (10 players in all). Personally, I'd be thrilled with him as the pick.

http://www.draftnasty.com/football/p...m_paging_p_b=1

Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you. -Anon

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    An excellent idea
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd love Eifert at 12. And I would be bummed if the Jets took him, which seems like a definite possibility.
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Eifert too, we really need a redzone threat. Someone you go to on 3rd an goal from the five yard line.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

I would be upset too if Jets take him!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw61TLNYN2w watch the highlights of this beast

seriously this is what you want in a tight end... 6'6 long arms goes up and gets the football... If there was one "Philbin" player in this draft it is Eifert...... Imagine pairing him up with Swope http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCosoGT0beM

I honestly think they are looking to go Eifert+ Swope in the draft... if by some crazy reason that doesn't happen... they will go Austin+ Ertz
    Quote Quote