Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Muslim Americans, Boston Bombings Bring Added Anxiety

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Debbie Schlussel and others were quick to blame Muslims. While much can be said about the religion inspiring violence, the average Saudi cashier or office clerk isn't thinking about killing people.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    I can't argue the percentage of Islam that "wants us dead". It's likely somewhere between 1% and 99%. Even if it's 99%, they're not terrorists until they actively support or participate in terrorism.

I still assert that if 99% of a group really want something to change they could find a way to change it. Enabling/allowing/not combating terrorism doesn't make them terrorists either.
    Really, thats the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Here in the United States theres a huge problem with guns and the overwhelming majority would like to eliminate acts of terrorism, yet we still have shootings. What gives you the impression that Muslim people have the power to eradicate violence in their sector when the United States can't do the same? Thats very hypocritical and extremely short sighted of you. Thats like me blaming you for not being able to stop violent shooting sprees. No matter how much the people want to eliminate that type of behavior you'll still have sick people within the population that have a complete disregard for life. How would you like it if I said you are enabling/allowing/not combating terrorism simply because it still happens? Don't you see how ridiculous that is? You can't control the actions of people. No matter which laws you put in place, a person that wants to commit an act of terrorism will commit it. But of course you don't think about things logically, you sit in front of your computer or TV and mindlessly absorb what the news is relaying to you.

What annoys me is the open racism that Muslims have to endure. It seems as if the word terrorism has been saved exclusively for Muslims. With the Aurora and Newtown shootings those guys werent terrorists they were just crazy or depressed or whatever. From the news coverage I watch I didn't hear the word terrorist one time. Are those guys not the epitome of terrorists?

The percentage of Muslims that are deranged is not any different than Christians, Jews, or whichever religion. The simple fact of the matter is that PEOPLE are deranged. The news, however, wants to paint this picture that Muslims would love to eradicate the US but thats an extremely small percentage. You'd find non-Mulsim white people here that would love to watch the country burn too. The percentage is so small, and its the same with Muslims. Unfortunately, it only takes one person out of a billion to think it's okay to shoot up a school or plant bombs and commit an act of terrorism.

Muslims that commit acts of terrorism couldn't be labeled as Muslims anymore since it is against Islam to commit such acts. So use that brain of yours and actually open your eyes instead of blindly believing everything that is on the news. The news could report tomorrow that all people with cancer drank water and people would be dumb enough to blame water. Think a little, I hope it doesnt hurt too much.
    God Bless Palestine
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEBACKRICKY View Post
    Really, thats the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Here in the United States theres a huge problem with guns and the overwhelming majority would like to eliminate acts of terrorism, yet we still have shootings. What gives you the impression that Muslim people have the power to eradicate violence in their sector when the United States can't do the same? Thats very hypocritical and extremely short sighted of you. Thats like me blaming you for not being able to stop violent shooting sprees. No matter how much the people want to eliminate that type of behavior you'll still have sick people within the population that have a complete disregard for life. How would you like it if I said you are enabling/allowing/not combating terrorism simply because it still happens? Don't you see how ridiculous that is? You can't control the actions of people. No matter which laws you put in place, a person that wants to commit an act of terrorism will commit it. But of course you don't think about things logically, you sit in front of your computer or TV and mindlessly absorb what the news is relaying to you.

What annoys me is the open racism that Muslims have to endure. It seems as if the word terrorism has been saved exclusively for Muslims. With the Aurora and Newtown shootings those guys werent terrorists they were just crazy or depressed or whatever. From the news coverage I watch I didn't hear the word terrorist one time. Are those guys not the epitome of terrorists?

The percentage of Muslims that are deranged is not any different than Christians, Jews, or whichever religion. The simple fact of the matter is that PEOPLE are deranged. The news, however, wants to paint this picture that Muslims would love to eradicate the US but thats an extremely small percentage. You'd find non-Mulsim white people here that would love to watch the country burn too. The percentage is so small, and its the same with Muslims. Unfortunately, it only takes one person out of a billion to think it's okay to shoot up a school or plant bombs and commit an act of terrorism.

Muslims that commit acts of terrorism couldn't be labeled as Muslims anymore since it is against Islam to commit such acts. So use that brain of yours and actually open your eyes instead of blindly believing everything that is on the news. The news could report tomorrow that all people with cancer drank water and people would be dumb enough to blame water. Think a little, I hope it doesnt hurt too much.
    Not really sure how someone could prove such a statement. I don't disagree with you at its face, but you are trying to equate the two types of violence. IMO the type of violence Muslims have to deal with within a certain % of their population is far more violent than what Christian religions deal with within America. I do not believe bombings at say abortion clinics happen as frequently as say homicide bombings or bombings in general designed to kill any westerners whether they believe in God or not.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Glenn Beck isn't to be taken seriously. He really has to say **** like that because he has a mouth-breathing audience to satisfy that will lap this **** up. Can't fault the guy for knowing where his money is made.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Not really sure how someone could prove such a statement. I don't disagree with you at its face, but you are trying to equate the two types of violence. IMO the type of violence Muslims have to deal with within a certain % of their population is far more violent than what Christian religions deal with within America. I do not believe bombings at say abortion clinics happen as frequently as say homicide bombings or bombings in general designed to kill any westerners whether they believe in God or not.
    Yeah, it would be hard to prove the population of deranged people within a religion but that was my point. People are crazy because they are crazy, and they just happen to be part of a religion. Religion itself does not predispose someone to commit terrorist acts; someone that is born Mulsim is not inherently more violent than someone born Christian. Extremist groups like the KKK or Al Qudia (who I don't consider to be Muslims) are the ones that perpetuate crazy into our world.

As I previously said, Islam forbids indiscrimante killing to occur. Muslims are getting treated so poorly because the media has done a splendid job of making people believe the overwhelming majority of Muslims are violent, ruthless killers who only live to see America burn. A disgustingly large percentage of Americans are woefully ignorant when it comes to the second largest religion. I've had people ask me - no sorry, TELL me - that Muslims worship the devil and that Muslims go to Hell if we do not convert a non-Mulsim. I'll assume you guys are smart enough to realize how ridiculous that is, but unforutnatly this country does have a lot of uneducated people not interested in finding out the actual truth. I've had printed pamphlets passed out to me that quotes the Quran saying that "the eagle must die".. No the Quran does not say that. I've looked for that line in the place it was quoted and it was about Mariam (Mary) and it had nothing to do with a freaking eagle. Yet these people spreading the misinformation (like Glenn Beck) prey on the ignorant population that are too lazy to confirm things and take everything they hear for a fact.

People lie and Glen Beck certainly lies but lets look at the numbers. According to the own FBI website, "Islamic extremists" are responsible for about 6% of terrorist events. http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/pu...5#terror_05sum

So why aren't these other terrorist groups talked about? The news just wants to vilify the Muslims and blame the entire group for the actions of an extreme minority within that religion. It's like saying all Christians agree with the Westboro Church but people realize that group does not represent the entire population. So why is it okay to generalize Muslims in the same, ridiculous manner?

Attachment 10600
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would be very concerned if someone brainwashed by political correctness or something more sinister didn't find my statements "dumb".

Guns: Tell us which shooters went overseas for training, which gunmen were ever thought to be members of a sleeper cell (link), which ones foreign governments warned us about (link).

My impression that Muslim people have the power to eradicate violence is the claim that 99% of them are against it. IF all these shooters went to be trained with some well-known international terror organization in the USA, then your disagreement would be less ridiculous. IF all, or even most, Islamic terrorists acted alone, like the majority of shooters in the USA, then your disagreement might not be so laughable.

A person individually going rogue is hard to predict. A person going overseas to be trained with well known terrorist groups is a bit more indicative of his intentions.

So no, I don't blame you for not being able to predict when people who are not publicly known to be mentally unstable, snap and kill their parents and go off and shoot up and elementary school.

But, for entertainment's sake, please continue mindlessly comparing individual self-trained murderers to those trained by well known terrorist organizations.

As far as the Aurora and Newtown shooters - a few of the differences are: they were individuals and they targeted their own people. Once they were taken out the threat was over. There was no looking over our shoulder for the next attack. Still terrorists but their hate didn't appear the be based on religion, race or ethnicity. How often is it news here in the States when Muslims target other Muslims with their terrorism?

Here's one persons opinion on comparing deranged Muslims to deranged people of other religions: link

Yes, PEOPLE are deranged it's just that one group has cornered the market on getting deranged people together to perpetuate terrorism around the globe. Thus far deranged people of other religions seem to be loners.

Once a devout follower of any religion does something awful it's really convenient to pretend he was never part of the religion. Please. by all means, take it upon yourself to search out these terror groups and personally tell each of them that they're not really not Muslims if they commit acts of terror. I'm sure they'll listen to your superior intellect and mend their ways.

You're the one parroting 99% of the news yet I'm the one blindly believing everything on the news. Again, for the sake of entertainment, please do not change.
    Last edited by GoFins!; 04-24-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEBACKRICKY View Post
    Extremist groups like the KKK or Al Qudia (who I don't consider to be Muslims) are the ones that perpetuate crazy into our world.
    We no longer fear the KKK and actively prosecute them when they commit acts of violence. We've been so successful that they're much more a freak show than a terror organization.

Your examples would less hysterical if we feared them to the point where they essentially ran the entire country, forced us to live under religious law, and killed anyone who was not loyal to the cause.
    Quote Quote