Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid: Branden Albert, Dolphins aren't talking

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Andy Reid: Branden Albert, Dolphins aren't talking

Now that the Kansas Chiefs have lowered their asking price on franchise player Branden Albert , the Miami Dolphins are interested in acquiring
    the left tackle.Although a source tells ESPN's John Clayton that the Dolphins have been granted permission to talk to and visit with Albert, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid is denying the report.In other words, either Clayton's source is wrong or Reid is taking liberties with the truth. Perhaps theChiefs plan to grant permission to help facilitate the trade but have pulled back a bit for leverage purposes.Ultimately, it's a trade that makes too much sense not to happen.In his pre-draft conference call Thursday, NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock opined that surrendering a new mega contract and a draft pick for Albert should give most teams hesitation. But for the Dolphins, "I'm in," Mayock said.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-arent-talking
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes this is not nearly as far along as people believe. There's no permission, or contact between Albert and the Dolphins. There's no physical, nothing going on that way. The Dolphins and Chiefs may have had some discussions about him but that's as far as it's gone. It's gone no further.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Yes this is not nearly as far along as people believe. There's no permission, or contact between Albert and the Dolphins. There's no physical, nothing going on that way. The Dolphins and Chiefs may have had some discussions about him but that's as far as it's gone. It's gone no further.
    You have made my day. I thought Ireland was halfway towards turning the off-season into a dumpster fire. I'm not completely oppsed to Albert in Auqa and Orange, but it isn't worth a 2nd rnd pick and $9 million per.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    You have made my day. I thought Ireland was halfway towards turning the off-season into a dumpster fire. I'm not completely oppsed to Albert in Auqa and Orange, but it isn't worth a 2nd rnd pick and $9 million per.
    that sucks, i hope we dont trade for albert, i want to keep our picks n get a rt on round 3 ... is not our fault they gave their 2nd away for alex . why should we give them a 2nd back ...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt4luck000 View Post
    that sucks, i hope we dont trade for albert, i want to keep our picks n get a rt on round 3 ... is not our fault they gave their 2nd away for alex . why should we give them a 2nd back ...
    I totally agree...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I trust John Clayton's report more than Andy Reid's comment.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...with-dolphins/

I think it is moving at a good pace, eh?

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Contact with the agent would be the first move anyways...agree on a framework of a deal....have a physical. Finalize a deal and then talk finish the deal with the Chiefs.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Contact with the agent would be the first move anyways...agree on a framework of a deal....have a physical. Finalize a deal and then talk finish the deal with the Chiefs.
    I wasn't trying to say its "dead" or anything. I have word I trust that Albert hasn't met with anyone, no medical stuff or anything like that has occurred or is even scheduled. I also saw Reid's total denial so I took that piece of info at face value (oops), but even if permission is granted doesn't mean meetings, physicals and all that are occurring or scheduled to occur.

The impression the reporting was giving was that this thing is waist deep already, an inevitability. I don't think it's there yet.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wasn't trying to say its "dead" or anything. I have word I trust that Albert hasn't met with anyone, no medical stuff or anything like that has occurred or is even scheduled. I also saw Reid's total denial so I took that piece of info at face value (oops), but even if permission is granted doesn't mean meetings, physicals and all that are occurring or scheduled to occur.

The impression the reporting was giving was that this thing is waist deep already, an inevitability. I don't think it's there yet.
    Fair enough. I always respect your takes. I have stated from the start that the Albert talks would be hot come the week of the draft...not a few weeks ago when people wanted the issue solved ASAP and not made to fester.

Reid does not want Albert, but loves his picks. I see this getting done, but not for a 2. I am standing by that. We shall see.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    To me it looks like we are sizing up what Albert wants in terms of a contract, and it doesn't look like terms are necessarily even close (i.e. there isn't yet a substantive offer). I hope we are just sizing it up and this point, allowing us to force them to blink on draft day. With what he will cost in terms of a contract, he's flat not worth a 2nd, but they might take less next Thursday night after they have picked when the pressure is all on them..
    That is my issue...because of the player's contract, giving up a 2 is steep. 3b or 4...fine. However, come September in Cleveland, I want my LT taken care of. So at this point, I want the real deal at LT.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post

To me it looks like we are sizing up what Albert wants in terms of a contract, and it doesn't look like terms are necessarily even close (i.e. there isn't yet a substantive offer). I hope we are just sizing it up and this point, allowing us to force them to blink on draft day. With what he will cost in terms of a contract, he's flat not worth a 2nd, but they might take less next Thursday night after they have picked when the pressure is all on them..
    Quote Quote