Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid: Branden Albert, Dolphins aren't talking

1. -51
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I wasn't trying to say its "dead" or anything. I have word I trust that Albert hasn't met with anyone, no medical stuff or anything like that has occurred or is even scheduled. I also saw Reid's total denial so I took that piece of info at face value (oops), but even if permission is granted doesn't mean meetings, physicals and all that are occurring or scheduled to occur.

The impression the reporting was giving was that this thing is waist deep already, an inevitability. I don't think it's there yet.
    Fair enough. I always respect your takes. I have stated from the start that the Albert talks would be hot come the week of the draft...not a few weeks ago when people wanted the issue solved ASAP and not made to fester.

Reid does not want Albert, but loves his picks. I see this getting done, but not for a 2. I am standing by that. We shall see.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    To me it looks like we are sizing up what Albert wants in terms of a contract, and it doesn't look like terms are necessarily even close (i.e. there isn't yet a substantive offer). I hope we are just sizing it up and this point, allowing us to force them to blink on draft day. With what he will cost in terms of a contract, he's flat not worth a 2nd, but they might take less next Thursday night after they have picked when the pressure is all on them..
    That is my issue...because of the player's contract, giving up a 2 is steep. 3b or 4...fine. However, come September in Cleveland, I want my LT taken care of. So at this point, I want the real deal at LT.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I watched the interview on ESPN. Reid said he did not give permission for Miami to speak DIRECTLY TO Albert, BUT gave permission for us to speak WITH HIS AGENT!

The deal still looks imminent if a contract can be hammered out.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfootball11 View Post
    I watched the interview on ESPN. Reid said he did not give permission for Miami to speak DIRECTLY TO Albert, BUT gave permission for us to speak WITH HIS AGENT!
    Right. So in other words, we ARE TALKING TO ALBERT. Jeeze Reid...
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pure coach speak. I highly highly doubt we are not talking to Albert, that is if we havent already talked to him.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Andy Reid still has an evil grin on his face thinking about the A.J. Feeley trade.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by joenhre View Post
    Andy Reid still has an evil grin on his face thinking about the A.J. Feeley trade.
    And the Sean Smith tampering too
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TealAttack13 View Post
    Right. So in other words, we ARE TALKING TO ALBERT. Jeeze Reid...
    We had better HOPE we aren't. Albert is the property of the KC chiefs, and under contract to them. If we get caught talking to Albert without their permission there will be a penalty involved.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    There is no tampering going on. The slower the pace goes, the better for the Fins. Reid wants his picks on draft day. In the end, if it is 54 so be it. However, might as well still hold out for a lower pick. Albert will be toxic asset for them if they attempt to move him to RT and or do not extend him.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    kc wouldn't be letting miami negotiate with albert unless they had the parameters of a deal ironed out pretty much...i'm sure they've already agreed on the compensation likely pick #54 and now the only hold up is getting albert to agree to terms on the extension...and i doubt that is gonna take long...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am still stuck on why the Fins would invest the salary and picks in Albert, when we could have kept Jake Long. I am not so sure that Albert is the answer.
    I would use 2 picks in the 2nd-4th round on OT's and hope they get it right with one of them.
    Quote Quote