Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else not sold on Millner?

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Think he has to be on our radar. Good fit. Can move into the slot too, and he tackles really well for a guy that size. But I think 77 is where we start giving him a look - with guys like Alford, Amerson, Taylor to likely be available at either 42 or 54. Seemed like Alford might blow up after the combine (especially after showing well at Senior Bowl Week), but the rise of Hayden and Taylor (and maybe even Amerson) have taken the media spotlight. I have Alford and Taylor pretty much tied as prospects. I think Alford has a lot of man upside. To me, he has the best natural movement of any CB in this class. Has great flexibility. Taylor, though, is a force on the field, and he's a better fit for Miami. Much better hitter, more of a play maker.

Like Poyer, Amerson projects better to teams that are going to run a lot of zone, but the reasons are different. I think Amerson can improve in man, but I don't think it'll ever be a strength for him. He's just too tight in the hips - whereas for Poyer it's size and lack of speed. Amerson is the bigger, better athlete, and he has a fallback position at safety, so I think Miami will prefer Amerson.
    i agree with a lot of that but i don't see the stiffness in amersons hips that you do...i see some sketchy awareness at times...taylor in the top 40 is too high for me given those dinosaur like 30 1/2 inch arms...that arm length bothers me...but it does appear he could go even in the late 1st now...too rich for me though

as for amerson and safety i don't really see a fit there cause i don't think he's physical enough or a striker...i hear alford is on our radar at pick #42...and poyer i agree with the pick #77 target...it's where i have him on my miami targets thread...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    what i don't want is blidi wreh wilson...yeah he's long and has good tools but he doesn't show em enough and he trails guys too much...no thank you...have no idea why he's carrying a top 50 grade these days...

one more thing about amerson...he has elite tools...terrific size 6 ft 1 205 lbs...great feet i see fluid hips fluid in his transition and his pedal...i mean he looks like the prototype...you shore up that technique and coach him up about his responsibilities in zone and i think you might have yourself a player...talents definitely there...high round 1 physical talents...

but likely boom or bust imo...either he buys in and he gets it or he's out of the league in 3 years imo
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Don't see how a guy with Poyer's physical limitations has more upside than Milliner. I mean, I like Poyer for Miami. Good ball instincts, but he's not big or fast enough to play man with the better WR's in the league.
    I see Poyer as a potential future Richard Sherman type. OK, Sherman has a couple of inches on him. But his ceiling to me is as a physical, corner with above average instincts. Sherman ran a similar 40.

I think you get a much more impactful, playmaking type of CB out of Poyer than you will with Milliner.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My point on the other CBs is that you are buying flawed goods which can maybe be polished into diamonds, whereas Milliner is a decent gemstone already polished and cut, but not likelyt to appreciate in value.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    poyer and richard sherman do not make sense to me...sherman wins physically at the los and gets guys off their preferred routes and is very physical...poyers slight framed and while he uses his hands doesn't have the upper body strength sherman possesses...odd comparison
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    poyer and richard sherman do not make sense to me...sherman wins physically at the los and gets guys off their preferred routes and is very physical...poyers slight framed and while he uses his hands doesn't have the upper body strength sherman possesses...odd comparison
    ??
    Poyer 6ft and 191lbs
    Sherman 6'3" and 195lbs at the combine. If anything, Sherman was more slight than Poyer.

Poyer does need to bulk up a little to be a more aggressive corner, but it would suit his playing style and character to do so in my opinion. If he learns how to mask his lack of top speed with physicality and hones his already impressive ball skills, I think you'll see a player in the NFL who disrupts WRs and gets in their faces the way Sherman does.

I'm not comparing them directly today. I'm saying that Poyer's ceiling should be what Sherman is achieving out there. He has the attitude and the ball skills to emulate him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    ??
    Poyer 6ft and 191lbs
    Sherman 6'3" and 195lbs at the combine. If anything, Sherman was more slight than Poyer.

Poyer does need to bulk up a little to be a more aggressive corner, but it would suit his playing style and character to do so in my opinion. If he learns how to mask his lack of top speed with physicality and hones his already impressive ball skills, I think you'll see a player in the NFL who disrupts WRs and gets in their faces the way Sherman does.

I'm not comparing them directly today. I'm saying that Poyer's ceiling should be what Sherman is achieving out there. He has the attitude and the ball skills to emulate him.
    look at shermans bench # vs poyers...and then look at what each is best in...sherman press man...poyer off coverages....sherman plays with a totally different level of physicality...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Is 12 too rich for hayden. I would have jumped on him at 42, now i think hes gone before than.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    Is 12 too rich for hayden. I would have jumped on him at 42, now i think hes gone before than.
    i don't think so...he's almost 6 ft and almost 200 lbs and off what i saw had he played all year i don't think there'd be any doubt he'd be in the running at least for top corner in the class...heck i think he is the top corner in the class the more i think about it as far as a fit for us...but yeah you can forget any pick #42 stuff there...i had him on my targets thread list at pick #12

this kids a serious burst athlete and he hits and tackles like a damn safety at corner...think vontae davis like tools and physicality with a better head on his shoulders...that is sick talent folks...
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Fin fan in hostile territory

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would love to see Milliner in Miami as I like his physical approach to the position and he showed it in the toughest conference in the country. If not him I'd prefer Hayden but unless Miami trades to late in the last first i doubt he'll be there when we pick in the second.
    Quote Quote