Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Thomas , his days are numbered..

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thomas has trouble getting in the end zone on the goal line. Take mike James in the 7th rd. say goodbye to Thomas
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_purp View Post
    Thomas has trouble getting in the end zone on the goal line. Take mike James in the 7th rd. say goodbye to Thomas
    All Dolphin backs have had trouble getting in the end zone from the goalline, so is that on backs or the line?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I posted this earlier, but I'd take Lonnie Pryor as a tailback. Great all around player and an even better young man.

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Goal line is supposed to be what Thomas is there for and he can't convert. Why even keep him
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Daniel Thomas , his days are numbered..

Everything about Thomas trended towards mediocre when he was coming out of college. This made him a perfect pick for Ireland yo trade up for.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Daniel Thomas , his days are numbered..

Quote Originally Posted by BB5813 View Post
    I posted this earlier, but I'd take Lonnie Pryor as a tailback. Great all around player and an even better young man.

I absolutely agree! Pryor had the tools to be very special as the single back in Philbin's offense. He can run, catch, and block and he is smart, selfless, and a great kid. I would love to see the Fins get him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am just wondering if the new rules in the NFL for running backs not being allowed to lead with their heads are going to start a trend for them running more upright like Thomas to avoid fines but creates injury concerns.
    Thomas with those neck injuries last year really speed doom for a running back. Once a back starts getting concussions that are rarely the same players.
    IMO they tried to make Thomas a different type of back than what they really drafted. Even through he is a big kid he never ran like a power back even in college. He really plays best in the passing game catching the ball out of the back field, protecting the passer with a few cut back runs.
    I felt sorry for the kid on 2 of those fumbles one was when he got his concussion and was knocked out and the other was in the Jets game and he was already stopped and the refs just would not blow the whistle.
    That all being said we need a power back, to spell Miller and Thomas at this point is cheap so keep him in reserve to spell bot those guys.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gosh their are SOOOOO may better option that Daniel Thomas...GEEZ!

Quote Originally Posted by BB5813 View Post

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
    Everything about Thomas trended towards mediocre when he was coming out of college. This made him a perfect pick for Ireland yo trade up for.
    How many backs have played that well taken in front of Thomas in that draft if any. Thomas was not a power back in college but they tried to make him one which was the mistake. Thomas was not injury or fumble prone if I remember his college stats correctly. Thomas's first 3 or 4 games for us as a rookie were his best which tells me the kid is or was capable but the coaching staff may have really messed him up as much as anything else. He had 2 back to back 100 yard games early that year with a decent yards per average carry too.

Well we have a new staff so hopefully we find some coaches that match Kacy Rogers on DL and Rizzi on special teams. To much is made of the lack of talent and to little to the lack of coaching at times. I do not know about the rest of you but Sherman has me a bit worried with what he showed last year. Like with Henne we could move the ball down the field but not punch it in.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would really like to get Montei ball In the 3rd round
    Quote Quote