Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Thomas , his days are numbered..

1. -31
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Gio Bernard is the best back in this class including Lacy. Gio has GREAT vision, a knack for big plays, can make players miss in a phone booth, and ALWAYS falls forward. He has this way of finishing plays that gives you 2 extra yards that he shouldn't have gotten on EVERY carry. To really appreciate GB you need to watch his every play games instead of just the highlights. He is really a special back.
    My only problem with Gio and Lacy is the offensive lines they played with were so dominant that it's really hard to gauge just how good they are.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BB5813 View Post
    I posted this earlier, but I'd take Lonnie Pryor as a tailback. Great all around player and an even better young man.

I love Lonnie Pryor. If we draft him, Jorvoski and Daniel Thomas all instantly become expendable
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    It's Only Happened ONCE!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Player

Many thought Jonas Gray was a steal as a UFA from Notre Dame. What's the take on him? Is he healthy? Is he any good? Is he a sleeper the Dolphins stashed on IR? Do we still need to draft a RB?
    Last edited by Perfect72; 04-21-2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Is Jonas Gray any Good?
    You Play to Win the Game!
    In It to Win It!

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hard to Judge Thomas while he played behind Bush during the two best years of his career. I think he's a capable back at worst.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect72 View Post
    Many thought Jonas Gray was a steal as a UFA from Notre Dame. What's the take on him? Is he healthy? Is he any good? Is he a sleeper the Dolphins stashed on IR? Do we still need to draft a RB?
    We wouldn't have picked up an undrafted player and then stashed him on IR if the coaches weren't curious to see what he can do when he is fully healthy, which he should be by now.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I actually liked Daniel Thomas coming out of college, but he fumbles too much, and he keeps getting his bell rung constantly. Call a spade, a spade and draft Gio Bernard.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Finfan13154 View Post
    Don't get me wrong. On the rare occasion when healthy, Thomas can show he's a capable back. Personally I like the kid. But like many players with great potential that has a tough time staying healthy, what does any of that mean when your not able to contribute on the field?

I hear alot of fans suggest signing a veteran RB to work along miller for a one two punch. I also hear we don't need any help we will have Jonas gray to help carry the load. IMO I am against signing a aging veteran to a one year deal. I want to see continuity at the position. Gray is a good prospect but we really don't know what we have yet. I think the dolphins should raise their odds and use a early pick on a RB that can help miller be a dual threat. Someone that would compliment him very well. Gray to me , if healthy can be our 3rd down back or goal line guy but I mean someone could could be on the field at the same time as miller and be just as dangerous. To me , that guy is Andre Ellington out of Clemson . He's quick he can catch and he will run up hill. I really believe those two would cost less than what bush cost last year alone and will rattle defenses like you wouldn't believe . Watch some tape on the guy, he's no joke and if we can get him late in the 2nd or early in the 3rd, that would be a great addition to the backfield.
    We are looking to improve every offensive position
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Pacolypse View Post
    I actually liked Daniel Thomas coming out of college, but he fumbles too much, and he keeps getting his bell rung constantly. Call a spade, a spade and draft Gio Bernard.
    I thought you died man.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jonas Gray is what he is, crap college player who will be nothing more than TC fodder, and completely overrated by many Dolfans. (just like Pruit, Wallace, Devlin, etc...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect72 View Post
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'd trade him and not miss his 2 Good plays a game
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not sure why we aren't considering Chris ivory in a trade. The guys a beast and we have the late round ammo to get it done without most people even noticing less picks on draft day(s). Would give up a 4th in a heartbeat. Plus we could keep him from going to the Jets. He's young and runs like a madman.
    Quote Quote