Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Muslim Americans, Boston Bombings Bring Added Anxiety

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

For Muslim Americans, Boston Bombings Bring Added Anxiety

On Monday afternoon, as word spread that two bombs had been detonated at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, Imam Ibrahim Rahim found himself alone at Yusuf Mosque on Boston's Chesnut Hill Avenue.
    First he offered a prayer for the victims. And then he quietly added: "Dear Lord, God, please whatever this yields, let it not be something that can in anyway be associated with Islam."
    In New York, at the same time, Daisy Khan, director of the American Society of Muslim Advancement, had a similar thought, reduced to less than 140 characters: "#ihopeitsnotamuslim."
    "My first reaction was I hope it's not a Muslim. I even thought of a Twitter hashtag," said Khan, a leader in the project to build a Muslim community center and mosque near the site of the World Trade Center in lower Manhattan.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/muslim-amer...ry?id=18988357
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Over the past four years most Americans have come to realize what kind of change hope alone brings about.

We keep being told that 99% of Muslims are peaceful. If so couldn't a coordinated effort virtually end terrorism around the globe?
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Over the past four years most Americans have come to realize what kind of change hope alone brings about.

We keep being told that 99% of Muslims are peaceful. If so couldn't a coordinated effort virtually end terrorism around the globe?
    Are you implying 99% of Muslims aren't peaceful?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Glenn Beck and Fareed Zakaria are best known as political pundits, but this week the two are locked head-to-head in a battle over math.

Beck launched the feud by claiming on his radio show last week that 10% of Muslims are terrorists.

"What is the number of Islamic terrorists? 1 percent? I think it's closer to 10%, but the rest of the P.C. world will tell you, 'Oh no, it's miniscule,'" the Fox host said.

Beck first made the claim in his 2003 book "The Real America," in which he said "Ninety percent of Islam is peaceful. Ten percent of Islam wants us dead."

Fareed Zakaria, an Indian-born journalist and the former editor of Newsweek International, fired back at Beck's claims on his CNN show "GPS" on Sunday night.

"Let's do a bit of math here," said Zakaria, demonstrating his calculations on a chalkboard. "There are 1,570,000,000 Muslims worldwide. Take ten percent of those Muslims and you get 157,000,000. That's how many Muslim terrorists Glenn Beck is suggesting there are in the world."

He went on to attack Beck's math, and his methods.

"Beck wondered why 'Oh why this wasn't receiving any media coverage?'" Zakaria continued. "Well let me suggest one reason. It is total nonsense. A figure made up by Glenn Beck with absolutely no basis in fact."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2QrEBAG75
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Glen beck? Seriously? These people are no more than political shock jocks. They rile up people and line their pockets in the process.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Zakaria's Sunday Morning show is the only news show I actually record and watch. His book The Post-American World I found very interesting and his recommendations for books on his show are also pretty good.

#freespesh
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer

Re: For Muslim Americans, Boston Bombings Bring Added Anxiety

The best thing is the absolute A list foreign guests he has on his show.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Zakaria's Sunday Morning show is the only news show I actually record and watch. His book The Post-American World I found very interesting and his recommendations for books on his show are also pretty good.

Zakaria is actually, IMO, one of the few true intellectuals that the news stations show. Wish there were more but unfortunately it doesn't sell as much as mad, screaming guy
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    The best thing is the absolute A list foreign guests he has on his show.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    One of my favorite parts of his show, definitely. Now if he could just stop fellating that horrible jackass Henry Kissinger, that'd be great.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "What is the number of Islamic terrorists? 1 percent? I think it's closer to 10%, but the rest of the P.C. world will tell you, 'Oh no, it's miniscule,'" the Fox host said.

Beck first made the claim in his 2003 book "The Real America," in which he said "Ninety percent of Islam is peaceful. Ten percent of Islam wants us dead."
    I can't argue the percentage of Islam that "wants us dead". It's likely somewhere between 1% and 99%. Even if it's 99%, they're not terrorists until they actively support or participate in terrorism.

I still assert that if 99% of a group really want something to change they could find a way to change it. Enabling/allowing/not combating terrorism doesn't make them terrorists either.
    Quote Quote