Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sgt Chris Grisham Arrested for Legally Carrying a Rifle

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    I got drawn down on by a old timer TXDPS Tropper when I showed him my CCP once.
    I'm like..."****! DON'T SHOOT ME!"

*SHOWS HANDS*

I've found that cops are pretty much cooperative when you are abiding by the law, and
    are respectful. Maybe that's just me. I rode around in NOLA after the storm through multiple
    checkpoints with an AR 15 in full view as well as a 12 gauge on the other side. It's perfectly legal,
    and I never got a single word said to me about it.

Other than that one instance, when my heart went right into my throat I've had no issues
    carrying firearms around LEOs. It's a matter of how you carry yourself.

If you're looking for a fight, you'll get one.

If you act like you are a professional, or someone that's not a ****ing retard, you probably won;t.
    Yep I have been pulled over one time while carrying I honestly did not see a new no turn on red sign at a interception I have been traveling for 10+ years. I handed the deputy my ccw with my dl and immediately placed my hands on the steering wheel and told him it was next to my seat. The deputy thanked me for how compliant I was we started bull****ing I told him I honestly didn't see the sign he laughed and said " it was only a couple days old" he came back said ok all your info checks out have a nice day. Most cops are good, but poke a bear its gonna hurt
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Yep I have been pulled over one time while carrying I honestly did not see a new no turn on red sign at a interception I have been traveling for 10+ years. I handed the deputy my ccw with my dl and immediately placed my hands on the steering wheel and told him it was next to my seat. The deputy thanked me for how compliant I was we started bull****ing I told him I honestly didn't see the sign he laughed and said " it was only a couple days old" he came back said ok all your info checks out have a nice day. Most cops are good, but poke a bear its gonna hurt
    It's sort of like being a good steward of your rights.

Yes, they are yours, but you don't have to be an *******.

I was pulled over about a year back, or rather, my wife was while I was in the vehicle. The
    officer requested my ID, and I gave it to him, along with my CCP, as I assumed it was still the law.
    He gave it back to me and informed me it was no longer law that the CCP be presented with a DL.

He never asked if I had a weapon in the vehicle.

It's been my experience that most LEOs in Texas assume you are a law abiding citizen, (Which you are)
    if you have a valid CCP.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    I think the worst for me was when I was 21 I just bought my first new car a brand new Explorer. The salesman forgot to put the temp plate on and I got pulled over for a felony stop cops thought I stole it. Here I am 10pm face down at gun point in the dirt once he got my bill of sale he was really sorry about it. Talk about a damper on the car buying experience

Florida recently changed our conceal carry laws for the better IMO, I am not sure if we have to present on a traffic stop. As a rule of thumb I will always present I would rather the LEO know about it then think I am hiding it or trying to one up them.
    Quote Quote