Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Trade for Albert, trade up in draft or neither?

Voters
305. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade #54 for Brandon Albert

140 45.90%
  • Trade up from #12 to #6 for one of the big 3 LT's

42 13.77%
  • Stay put and draft as is

123 40.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade for Albert vs. Trade up in draft for LT vs. Draft as is (Poll)

1. -21
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    At the moment I'm leaning towards staying put and drafting the best players available.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'd rather trade the pick for Albert, then have the option to trade back if the guy they want is off the board or if they can get him further in the first round, that way you get the guy you want, get Albert, and potentially replace the pick for Albert...so in essence, we got Albert for nothing, almost as if we signed him as a FA, assuming we trade back.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    the annual ritual

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in a bottle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TealAttack13 View Post
    I'd rather trade the pick for Albert, then have the option to trade back if the guy they want is off the board or if they can get him further in the first round, that way you get the guy you want, get Albert, and potentially replace the pick for Albert...so in essence, we got Albert for nothing, almost as if we signed him as a FA, assuming we trade back.
    none of that is anywhere near like 'almost as if we signed him as a FA', plus we're stuck with a big contract guy likely going downhill, similar to a lot of other FA bums on the OL we've overpaid.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't see why people like Albert. I would like a trade back in the first round and pick up extra picks and see who we can draft.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't the Dolphins to sell their souls for a left tackle. The pick AND the cap figure is too much for Albert, and whole trading up for Johnson isn't as bad, it's still a bit steeper than what I would be comfortable with.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nando03 View Post
    So there is a lot of talk on the main forum regarding what we are going to do at LT. Do we trade for Brandon Albert? Do we trade up and draft one of the big 3 LT's? Do we do neither or those and keep our picks and build that way? Maybe picking up a RT and moving Martin to LT.

So I'd like to get your opinion on what you would like the Fins to do. Pick one of the 3 and state why you picked that option.

We will assume that the trade for Albert will cost us pick #54.

We will assume that we could trade up to the #6 spot with Cleveland. This costs 400 points based on the draft value chart. Trading up would cost us the #12 and #54. Should be spot on and maybe another late round pick.

Or just stand pat and do our thing.
    1. Houston Texans: Duane Brown 1st Round (8.9 MillPer Yea) (Made The Playoffs)
    2. Cincinatti Bengals: Andrew Whitworth 2nd Round (9.7 Mill Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
    3. Washington Redskins:Trent Williams 1st Round (10 Mill Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
    4. Seattle Seahawks: Russell Ogung 1st Round (8 Million Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
    5. San Francisco 49ers: Joe Stalley 1st Round (7 Mill Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
    6. Atlanta Falcons : Sam Baker 1st Round (6.8 Mill Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
    7. Minnesota Vikings : Matt Kalill 1st Round (4.5 Mill Per Year On His Rookie Deal, new CBA Rules) (Made The Playoffs)
    8. New England Patriots: Nate Solder 1st Round (2.1 Million Per Year On His Rookie Deal, new CBA Rules)(Made The Playoffs)
    9. Indianapolis Colts: Anthony Castonzo 1st Round (2.0 Million Per Year On His Rookie Deal, new CBA Rules) (Made The Playoffs)
    10.Denver Broncos : Ryan Claddy 1st Round (9.8 Million Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)

Including the Ravens, with Bryant Mckinnie, all but two playoff teams had a first round Left Tackle!

Green Bay (NewHouse 5th Round)
    Bengals (Whitworth 2nd Round)

So the argument can be made to pass on Albert and give up whatever we need in order to get a LT, no matter how much we think it's just not that important.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DcRy82 View Post
    But as far as my preference, I'd like to develop Martin at LT where he showed improvement as time went on and then grab Winston to play RT. Keep our picks.
    i agree , keep our picks n get winton , i say no for albert . he is old for what money he mite want
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    It's Only Happened ONCE!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Prefer to see how the board falss before trading if at all. Actuall prefer BPA or trade back scenario for more picks.
    You Play to Win the Game!
    In It to Win It!

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Here is the deal. I have been an advocate for trading for Albert. However, with a trade up to 4 or 6 it will cost the same as is trading for Albert in terms of picks. The draftee is obviously younger and cheaper...but not as good as Albert right off the bat.

I think Jeff is playing this perfectly. See if on Thursday you can can get a top 3 OT and if not work the phones and trade for Albert. Fluid situation that will be fixed soon. Team is handling it perfectly.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Trade up makes most sense. All 3 LTs are great ZBS players and will help our cap down the round which gives more flexibility to get more players next year to get us to the SB. Best case is to get one of the LTs or one of the 2 OGs (not trade up for OGs).
    Quote Quote