Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Miranda rights for Boston Bombing suspect

1. -1
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Icon 26 Politics No Miranda rights for Boston Bombing suspect

An indication of the complex investigation ahead came Friday night, when an Obama administration official told NBC News that Tsarnaev would not be given a Miranda warning when he is physically able to be interrogated after receiving medical treatment.Instead, the official said, the government will invoke a legal rule known as the "public safety exception," which will enable investigators to question Tsarnaev without first advising him of his right to remain silent and to be afforded legal counsel.
    The exemption can be invoked when information is needed to protect public safety. In this instance, the government believes it's vital to find out if Tsarnaev planted any other explosives before his capture or whether others might have plotted with him to do so, said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Source: http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news...g-suspect?lite

I know I might be kicking a bee hive here. But at the same time, this "law" can clearly be exploited. And in this case it is CLEARLY warranted. It may be paranoia talking, but this "law" coupled with the NDAA has me worried. There needs to be a clear definition of what constitutes as "public safety" when it comes to not reading the rights to someone. Especially a US citizen.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    You are kicking a bee give and there is already 20+ pages of us arguing it. Here is some food for thought do to terrorist 2 serious injuries he is considered under duress and after his surgeries and once demeaned to be lucid he would have to be read his Miranda Rights again.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: No Miranda rights for Boston Bombing suspect

Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    You are kicking a bee give and there is already 20+ pages of us arguing it. Here is some food for thought do to terrorist 2 serious injuries he is considered under duress and after his surgeries and once demeaned to be lucid he would have to be read his Miranda Rights again.
    Then by all means merge this with the other thread.

That being said, like I said, in this case not reading him his rights make total since.

I am more concerned with how this "law" will be interpreted, or twisted, later on. The way this was read it is VERY vague on what falls within its guide lines.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Then by all means merge this with the other thread.

That being said, like I said, in this case not reading him his rights make total since.

I am more concerned with how this "law" will be interpreted, or twisted, later on. The way this was read it is VERY vague on what falls within its guide lines.

One thing is for sure if you put 100 lawyers and politicians in a room to debate and interpret the law and how it applies to this case you will get 100 opinions.

I wasn't trying to be a dick to you I should have given links to the other threads
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: No Miranda rights for Boston Bombing suspect

Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    One thing is for sure if you put 100 lawyers and politicians in a room to debate and interpret the law and how it applies to this case you will get 100 opinions.

I wasn't trying to be a dick to you I should have given links to the other threads
    It's all good man. I honestly didn't know this was already covered.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He'll be alright.

One brother is a good Chechen.

The other, hopefully, will be another good Chechen.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ah American Sheeple, is it any wonder the government continues to stage attacks on itself to push its agenda? If you think the American government is trustworthy, just ask Native Americans and Guatemalans.
    -Notice how the media never mentioned the name of the guy who they supposedly carjacked...
    -Notice how the guy who is still alive, cant speak. And the FBI is by his side; what do you think the FBI is doing by his side? Brainfeeding him, putting him on pills to shut him up.
    -Notice how the guy who lost both legs was seen wheelchaired away without any blood spilling. Odd...
    -Notice how there was a guy on the roof as the explosion occurred. Odd.
    -Notice how there were Blackwater-like guys hanging around the area as explosions went off. As they left the area, some had no backpacks. Odd..
    -Notice how after 9/11, we invaded Iraq...who did nothing to us. Notice how after Sandy Hook, government fought for gun control. Now, government is fighting for more surveillance. Wake up, America. For once in your lives think outside the box and dont listen to everything the media tells you. Do your own research.
    -What do I think happened? He was paid to drop a bag for a controlled demolition or something, then ran when he realized it actually went off. Police cought him, tried to kill him but failed...so they shot him in the neck to prevent him from talking. Now they are covering him in the hospital to brainfeed him. Oh no, thats just conspiracy talk right? Our beloved government would NEVER do such a thing....because we live in such a perfect world. Ok, sheeple. Have fun with that when martial law takes place.
    Every Republican's worst nightmare: http://truepoizonblogs.blogspot.com/...lican-who.html
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

No Miranda rights for Boston Bombing suspect

Quote Originally Posted by TruePoizon View Post
    Ah American Sheeple, is it any wonder the government continues to stage attacks on itself to push its agenda? If you think the American government is trustworthy, just ask Native Americans and Guatemalans.
    -Notice how the media never mentioned the name of the guy who they supposedly carjacked...
    -Notice how the guy who is still alive, cant speak. And the FBI is by his side; what do you think the FBI is doing by his side? Brainfeeding him, putting him on pills to shut him up.
    -Notice how the guy who lost both legs was seen wheelchaired away without any blood spilling. Odd...
    -Notice how there was a guy on the roof as the explosion occurred. Odd.
    -Notice how there were Blackwater-like guys hanging around the area as explosions went off. As they left the area, some had no backpacks. Odd..
    -Notice how after 9/11, we invaded Iraq...who did nothing to us. Notice how after Sandy Hook, government fought for gun control. Now, government is fighting for more surveillance. Wake up, America. For once in your lives think outside the box and dont listen to everything the media tells you. Do your own research.
    -What do I think happened? He was paid to drop a bag for a controlled demolition or something, then ran when he realized it actually went off. Police cought him, tried to kill him but failed...so they shot him in the neck to prevent him from talking. Now they are covering him in the hospital to brainfeed him. Oh no, thats just conspiracy talk right? Our beloved government would NEVER do such a thing....because we live in such a perfect world. Ok, sheeple. Have fun with that when martial law takes place.
    Actually, people like you that see conspiracies everywhere are the real sheeple. You believe in one, you believe in them all, no questions asked or critical thinking required.

Is there any tragic event, 9/11, Boston Marathon, JFK assassination, Sandy Hook that, in your mind, was NOT perpetrated by forces within the government.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

No Miranda rights for Boston Bombing suspect

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Source: http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news...g-suspect?lite

I know I might be kicking a bee hive here. But at the same time, this "law" can clearly be exploited. And in this case it is CLEARLY warranted. It may be paranoia talking, but this "law" coupled with the NDAA has me worried. There needs to be a clear definition of what constitutes as "public safety" when it comes to not reading the rights to someone. Especially a US citizen.
    There is less here than meets the eye. The only consequences of not being read your Miranda rights are that statements you make can't be used against you. However, if he implicates someone else, his statements can be used against that person.

From all accounts there is more than enough evidence to get a conviction whether or not the guy says a word. They don't want him to lawyer up before he can give information about other threats that might be out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Same argument I give the anti-2nd crowd. If you don't like the 5th and 6th amendment then amend the God Damn constitution. If not then don't be a douche and think you can make a law that overrides the Bill Of Rights.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote