Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: April 21st Buzz Column

1. -1
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin

April 21st Buzz Column

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

Two side notes...I love Bess and agree with the fact he "always gets open". However, I just do not see him and his 2.3 cap # on the team come September. Also, reading the paragraph about the UNC players was interesting. I took a longer look at Sylvester Williams. With a little more consistent pad level, he could be really tough. He reminded me of a Warren Sapp as he split O-lines. I like Lotulelei and Richardson, but I think Williams is right with them.

I am still leaning that Ireland goes "sexy" with his first pick (Austin or Eifert) or at least "neutral" (CB, DE or S), but I still cannot get it out of my mind that the Fins really liked Fletcher Cox last year. Both DT's contracts are up and DT is one the hardest positions for young players to contribute early to the team.

We will know in less than a week.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    ### In its perpetual quest for the speed, the Dolphins were one of a limited number of teams that attended a private workout for Utah receiver/All-American kick returner Reggie Dunn, who had four 100-yard touchdown returns last season. They also called him in recent days. He reportedly ran a 4.35 in the 40.

interesting

possible late round pick up ?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    ### In its perpetual quest for the speed, the Dolphins were one of a limited number of teams that attended a private workout for Utah receiver/All-American kick returner Reggie Dunn, who had four 100-yard touchdown returns last season. They also called him in recent days. He reportedly ran a 4.35 in the 40.

interesting

possible late round pick up ?
    Yeah. I had to dig for that name. 4.3 guy. This will be a faster team this year to say the least.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland loves speed. Bess's lack of speed, lack of size, and large contract make him a bullseye target when the team goes looking to improve the roster. Adding a Tavon Austin or Ryan Swope upgrades that to a 4.34 speed from Bess' pedestrian speed, and also lowers the price tag for the position while giving Tannehill an exciting young weapon with which to grow. If we still own the #54 pick by the time it comes up, I expect us to call Ryan Swope's name. That all changes if we draft Tavon Austin at #12 or trade away the #54 pick in a trade for Brandon Albert.

Love what Barry Jackson does, but I wish he would cover the Dolphins a little more in-depth like the old days.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Yeah. I had to dig for that name. 4.3 guy. This will be a faster team this year to say the least.

Come on down Reggie
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2.3 million isn't that bad.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sly seems to be getting more buzz over the last two weeks; I've seen him top-20 consistently, some top-15. He was a little inconsistent at UNC, imo (might be a conditioning thing at his size, not sure), and doesn't always seem to finish the deal in the backfield as he makes some questionable upfield decisions taking himself out. I also think he's older than most guys, like 24(?), if that matters to you. But his wide frame is nice, versatility scheme-wise, and he's explosive. Snap get-off, hands, and low-leverage weight are great, that dude gets solid penetration and is hard to move off his spot. Talented, for sure - though I wouldn't feel great about him at 12. I could see the staff knocking Richardson for character stuff, making Sly a little more likely.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Interesting, But whom would he replace? Hopefully not Marcus Thigpen.....

Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post

Come on down Reggie
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dunn reminds me of Thigpen, who also runs a 4.3. I also like Onterio McCaleb as someone to compete with Thigpen.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Ireland loves speed. Bess's lack of speed, lack of size, and large contract make him a bullseye target when the team goes looking to improve the roster. Adding a Tavon Austin or Ryan Swope upgrades that to a 4.34 speed from Bess' pedestrian speed, and also lowers the price tag for the position while giving Tannehill an exciting young weapon with which to grow. If we still own the #54 pick by the time it comes up, I expect us to call Ryan Swope's name. That all changes if we draft Tavon Austin at #12 or trade away the #54 pick in a trade for Brandon Albert.

Love what Barry Jackson does, but I wish he would cover the Dolphins a little more in-depth like the old days.
    How can you say, "Ireland loves speed?" What has he done to show he loves speed? Wallace is one guy. He hasn't gone out and grabbed a bunch of speed demons. Lack of team speed has been a problem on this team. Ireland isn't Al Davis...
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote