Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: A Very Simple Look at An Albert Trade

1. -41
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Newest rumor is we are offering them just a third. If we could close for a third I'd be pretty damn happy. I understand people think LT isn't important but that is just not true. Each position is important and LT stopping the best pass rusher on the opposite team from killing your QB is important. Look at Rivers, or the Cards with Larry. No time because of crappy LT play equals crappy years for year in year out probowlers. If we can get Albert, especially for a third and give him a Beatty like contract, 7 mi/yr damn we'd be set going into the draft to just add premier players with no huge glaring holes. Sure we need to upgrade corners, safety, pass rush and OL but they aren't terrible. First three players in this draft could be just talent. That would be nice.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Last edited by Southbeach 2; 04-20-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I also think they should wait until the draft to see what options present themselves. If KC can't trade him before the draft, does the price go down after they pick their LT? They really want to replace the 2nd round pick they traded, but maybe they panic and take a high 3rd on Friday night. Or do they grab something else at #1 if they have to keep Albert and push a tackle down? Imo, there is no need to do anything until the draft.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadi-Phin View Post
    Newest rumor is we are offering them just a third. If we could close for a third I'd be pretty damn happy. I understand people think LT isn't important but that is just not true. Each position is important and LT stopping the best pass rusher on the opposite team from killing your QB is important. Look at Rivers, or the Cards with Larry. No time because of crappy LT play equals crappy years for year in year out probowlers. If we can get Albert, especially for a third and give him a Beatty like contract, 7 mi/yr damn we'd be set going into the draft to just add premier players with no huge glaring holes. Sure we need to upgrade corners, safety, pass rush and OL but they aren't terrible. First three players in this draft could be just talent. That would be nice.
    Agreed, a 3rd would be much better.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I have seen MANY an analogy but, never one quite as sick as a cyanide cake. As one might say "You Take The Cake." If yo believe that poison belongs in a football discussion, I don't know what to say.

I do have a Psych fried who could offer an opinion. I'll let ya know
    Oh my gawd, you fried a psych? Literally? I think that might be illegal. I mean, I guess it could just be a typo, but I've never seen a typo referring to murder.

I'm starting to think you're actually serious about this. Are you offended anytime somebody brings up the "poison pill" when discussing the Welker trade? Just a heads up, they Pats didn't literally try to poison anybody

The only people that should be offended by a simple analogy like that are those who lost a friend to a poison cake. If that's the case, I apologize. Otherwise, lighten up. But congrats on avoiding having to address the point of the analogy (which wasn't anything to do with poisoning, in case you haven't figured that out).

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Last edited by Southbeach 2; 04-20-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I know that the Albert potential trade has had a number of threads, posts, and opinions. I believe this is a little different, and worth a new thread. If posters disagree, I will delete it.

For the moment, let's leave the money aspect to Ireland and Dawn to worry about, as there are MANY fans who do not fully understand the cap, and how contracts work. I recall a happier and simpler time when no one had to care.

Supposedly, Albert will cost us a #54 pick. He is a good to VG LT which we need. He is a proven player who is 28, and could be the LT answer for the next 5 years in keeping our franchise (aka Tannehill) on his feet.

We could trade up for Johnson, an athletic young LT with a very high ceiling to be something special. This would cost the #12 pick, the #54 pick, and likely more.

So, who here would trade a proven LT (in Albert) and our top pick (pass rusher, Eifert, potential Pro Bowl OG or DT) for Johnson's potential to be special?

When you put it like that, which is the way it is, anyone making that trade?
    Besides the fact, if we do get Albert, we essentially are getting 3 Players . (Albert +1st Rounder +2nd Rounder) as oppose to trading up and getting just two players. It would also prevent us from gambling on a 2nd Round Tackle being the best available player in our second round, if not, backing us into a corner of having to reach for one, just because we desperately need one. Add to the fact that J. Martin is ranked higher than any 2nd Round LT we can get this year, and we just witness his struggles. Considering how hard it is to get a left tackle in free agency. Consider how difficult it is to get one in the draft.

Now, let's see.

Yielded only 13 pressures in 1,071 snaps—one of the lowest pressure rates in the NFL.
    Pass Blocking Efficiency (PBE) rating of 96.6. 7th Ranked (The highest ever record was 97.9)
    Running backs avg. a healthy 4.13 yards per carry on runs either side of him.
    Allowed Just ONE SACK IN 2012 (His Quaterbacks Were Non Mobile Cassell and Quinn) We have T-hill
    Missed Only 5 Games in His First 4 years (Missed 3 Games In 2012)
    Started 73 Games In The NFL
    Top 10 Salary AVG. For LT's is 9.3mill and for Guards 7.22mill

Franchise Player. The new regime didn't owe him jack-****, could have easily let him walk; similar to what we did with Long. We didn't think he (Long) was worth over 20 million guaranteed (because of injury issues) after paying him 30 Million on his first deal. Is J. Long worth 50 Million which is the total amount we would have ended up paying him on his second contract for those of you who keeps on harping on how much Albert is GOING to get paid, because that's what the market dictates he get's paid base on his performance.
    Joe Philbin former O-line coach Okay's the discussion.
    Mike Sherman's approval
    Jim Turner's Approval.
    Mike Mayock On Record Saying It's a no brainer for the Dolphins to make this trade.

#3 Free Agent Tackle By ** Walter Football
    #3 Rank Tackle in All Of Football. **According To Advance NFL Stats**
    #3 Rank Free Agent Tackle **Scout Inc.** 5 Star Player**

Now, you can choose to be on the side of these facts, or these so call arm chairs Finheaven GM's..

Click The Link Below For A Great Video Breakdown Of Albert

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...6m6iQp_IRitbpY
    Last edited by CRAZYDOLFAN305; 04-20-2013 at 07:07 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    Besides the fact, if we do get Albert, we essentially are getting 3 Players . (Albert +1st Rounder +2nd Rounder) as oppose to trading up and getting just two players, and gambling that a 2nd Round Tackle is the best available player in our second round, and we are not put into a position of having to reach for one, just because we desperately need one.
    Or instead of trading for and paying Albert $9mill sign Winston + another free agent and keep all of our picks, so instead of getting 3 players we get 5 for essentially the same price.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Or instead of trading for and paying Albert $9mill sign Winston + another free agent and keep all of our picks, so instead of getting 3 players we get 5 for essentially the same price.
    We have the cap space to sing another F.A. agent even after we sign Albert. Why is Winston still available? Why did he get cut by his last two teams? You're so enarmored with Winston, but he also wants a high contract with multiple years. But yet you would rather sign the lesser of the two players. News Flash we have ammo, we have 2 (2nd Round Picks) We can easily get that back during the draft. And The avg. salary for a Left Tackle of Albert caliber is 9 million PERIOD END OF THE STORY, THAT'S WHY HE WAS FRANCHISED AT THAT PRICE, THERE'S NO ESCAPING THAT FACT, YOU SEEM TO KEEP MISSING..JEEZUZ..
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    We have the cap space to sing another F.A. agent even after we sign Albert. Why is Winston still available? Why did he get cut by his last two teams? You're so enarmored with Winston, but he also wants a high contract with multiple years. But yet you would rather sign the lesser of the two players. News Flash we have ammo, we have 2 (2nd Round Picks) We can easily get that back during the draft. And The avg. salary for a Left Tackle of Albert caliber is 9 million PERIOD END OF THE STORY, THAT'S WHY HE WAS FRANCHISED AT THAT PRICE, THERE'S NO ESCAPING THAT FACT, YOU SEEM TO KEEP MISSING..JEEZUZ..
    And yet here they are looking to trade him...
    Quote Quote