Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Very Simple Look at An Albert Trade

1. -11
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    My biggest problem with a potential Albert trade is that we would be giving up a second round pick and giving him a big money contract. Probably the same contract that Jake Long signed with the Rams, that is the part that is tough to swallow. I understand that Long chose the Rams over the Dolphins, but it still hurts that we could have resigned him for no draft pick compensation.

There is no denying that Albert is a good player and would be a great fit on the line, and it will be better to give up a second round pick instead of a first and second round pick for Lane Johnson. The Jake Long part of the whole thing is what is weighing heavy on me.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by BSQ View Post
    Trade for Albert, draft Eifert.
    A bird in the hand, and one in the bush vs one in the bush. Gotta go with that.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I have no time to read all posts here but, did say that if there was a problem, I would delete. I see that others have responded to this thread with there posts.
    I see no reason to delete now... you're already onto page 2 with a discussion going on!

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    My biggest problem with a potential Albert trade is that we would be giving up a second round pick and giving him a big money contract. Probably the same contract that Jake Long signed with the Rams, that is the part that is tough to swallow. I understand that Long chose the Rams over the Dolphins, but it still hurts that we could have resigned him for no draft pick compensation.

There is no denying that Albert is a good player and would be a great fit on the line, and it will be better to give up a second round pick instead of a first and second round pick for Lane Johnson. The Jake Long part of the whole thing is what is weighing heavy on me.
    My biggest problem is Albert's lower back issues. I know he says it is muscular and not a disc or spinal problem but he missed three full games and parts of a few others because of it. I guess it's because I remember how the Grove and Smiley experiments turned out and don't want to see a repeat of that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You look at it like we need a top notch ot

I don't believe that one is a necessity with a west coast zone blocking offense. I Definately don't think giving up a second round pick for a chance to overpay one is ideal
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    imo Kyle Long or Armstread with a second round pick would be a lot better use of assets/money.

Still using the second rounder, but a hell of a lot less expensive. Giving 8 million per to Albert, is a huge mistake.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    our o line is in shambles right now, im just glad this trade is on the table because it shows the FO at the very least knows there is a problem.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Up and Comer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PS4 ControllerTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    If they can get the contract right, it is a good move. Trading up in the draft for a LT is not what this team needs. We need a splash addition to either our defensive backfield or recieving/TE group in the first.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis34 View Post
    I see no reason to delete now... you're already onto page 2 with a discussion going on!
    Bro I think Southbeach 2 was just trying to get to the nuts and bolts of the topic and perhaps from a different point of view as well.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    By that logic, let's not consider the draft picks either. Or the back injury. Or his age. Or any of the negatives about the trade. Now it looks fantastic as it costs us nothing and has zero risk!
    There are many here who do not fully understand NFL contracts, and cap implications. For the intent of this thread, I chose to eliminate the money because there is no way Ireland is going to put the team in cap hell on this signing, and some posters are thinking Albert will cost $9M a year, which is not true.

I would welcome talking with you on all financial implications, here or on a different thread, if ya like. I just tried to make this thread on players and play.
    Quote Quote