Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: A Very Simple Look at An Albert Trade

1. -21
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I know that the Albert potential trade has had a number of threads, posts, and opinions. I believe this is a little different, and worth a new thread. If posters disagree, I will delete it.

For the moment, let's leave the money aspect to Ireland and Dawn to worry about, as there are MANY fans who do not fully understand the cap, and how contracts work. I recall a happier and simpler time when no one had to care.

Supposedly, Albert will cost us a #54 pick. He is a good to VG LT which we need. He is a proven player who is 28, and could be the LT answer for the next 5 years in keeping our franchise (aka Tannehill) on his feet.

We could trade up for Johnson, an athletic young LT with a very high ceiling to be something special. This would cost the #12 pick, the #54 pick, and likely more.

So, who here would trade a proven LT (in Albert) and our top pick (pass rusher, Eifert, potential Pro Bowl OG or DT) for Johnson's potential to be special?

When you put it like that, which is the way it is, anyone making that trade?
    I've seen it put like that 100 times in other threads.

Do you think The Patriots or Saints or Packers would ever make this trade? I don't even think those teams would sign Albert for $9 mill a year if he was just a free agent let alone give up any picks on top for him. It sounds to me like Ireland thought he could get Johnson at 12 and now is in panic mode.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis34 View Post
    I see no reason to delete now... you're already onto page 2 with a discussion going on!
    My post was edited, I always use their where it applies. :0 I tried to put this trade in perspective, not knowing how it was done before. However, I never put up yet another logo thread. LOL

IF you have a problem with it, I would suggest not posting to it. Simple solution, No?

I have read many a good post from you. This is not one of them.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post

Do you think The Patriots or Saints or Packers would ever make this trade? I don't even think those teams would sign Albert for $9 mill a year if he was just a free agent let alone give up any picks on top for him. It sounds to me like Ireland thought he could get Johnson at 12 and now is in panic mode.
    What makes you think the Dolphins will sign Albert for $9 million a year? Isn't that the reason why we are talking to his agent right now? To get him a long term deal instead of paying him the franchise tag amount.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My post was edited, I always use their where it applies. :0 I tried to put this trade in perspective, not knowing how it was done before. However, I never put up yet another logo thread. LOL

IF you have a problem with it, I would suggest not posting to it. Simple solution, No?

I have read many a good post from you. This is not one of them.
    Sorry! I feel like an ass now. I didn't mean to come off like that, I'm actually on board with what youre saying

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17

Sorry to bore you with Thread # 101 but, give me a bit of a break in not knowing, and having something I would like to talk about.

Just me, if I see a topic I don't want to discuss, I don't bother to click on to say I don't want to talk about this because I already have. That's just me.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    What makes you think the Dolphins will sign Albert for $9 million a year? Isn't that the reason why we are talking to his agent right now? To get him a long term deal instead of paying him the franchise tag amount.
    According to a lot of posters Albert >>> Long so why would he take less money than Long got?
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    [QUOTE=Travis34;1064663576]Sorry! I feel like an ass now. I didn't mean to come off like that, I'm actually on board with what youre saying[/QUOTE

No problem at all Travis. All is well with Phinatics, and you are very far from an ass on this forum. Sometimes, it is soooo FRAKIN tuff to talk with fellow fans on a forum. Face to face is easy, as you know what everyone means and implies.

All the best.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    According to a lot of posters Albert >>> Long so why would he take less money than Long got?
    This is not about what some posters think, this is about what the Dolphins think he is worth and are willing to pay.

I know Ian Rapport thinks Albert is looking for about $8 million per year but I doubt, or atleast I hope, Aponte and Ireland are not that desperate to sign him to such a contract.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    I know that the Albert potential trade has had a number of threads, posts, and opinions. I believe this is a little different, and worth a new thread. If posters disagree, I will delete it.

For the moment, let's leave the money aspect to Ireland and Dawn to worry about, as there are MANY fans who do not fully understand the cap, and how contracts work. I recall a happier and simpler time when no one had to care.

Supposedly, Albert will cost us a #54 pick. He is a good to VG LT which we need. He is a proven player who is 28, and could be the LT answer for the next 5 years in keeping our franchise (aka Tannehill) on his feet.

We could trade up for Johnson, an athletic young LT with a very high ceiling to be something special. This would cost the #12 pick, the #54 pick, and likely more.

So, who here would trade a proven LT (in Albert) and our top pick (pass rusher, Eifert, potential Pro Bowl OG or DT) for Johnson's potential to be special?

When you put it like that, which is the way it is, anyone making that trade?
    if the choice is to spend one pick on a proven LT but spend more money, or spend at least 2 picks on a unproven tackle (who may or may not be able to man the LT position) but at less cost, I go for the proven talent in this case.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    By that logic, let's not consider the draft picks either. Or the back injury. Or his age. Or any of the negatives about the trade. Now it looks fantastic as it costs us nothing and has zero risk!
    Zero risk, what about not getting a good tackle at all, we're not the only team looking at Winston, there's no guarantee outside of this potential trade.. And the 3 tackles could be gone before we get a trading partner...I like preparing for all possibilities like the team is doing....wow you guys, all this offseason work, and we waste it by not fortifying our OL..if we have to dink and donk, then our deep threat is a waste. Same game plan as last year in that case....how did that work for us?
    Quote Quote