Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: A Very Simple Look at An Albert Trade

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    What makes you think the Dolphins will sign Albert for $9 million a year? Isn't that the reason why we are talking to his agent right now? To get him a long term deal instead of paying him the franchise tag amount.
    FWIW, we signed Wallace, Ellerbe, and Wheeler to play for $1M this year, while their contracts will escalate, and let's not forget the Wake deal.

Let's wait and see what Irish comes up with on Albert. He is not a Wake or Wallace, and is desperate to get out of KC, as is KC.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    According to a lot of posters Albert >>> Long so why would he take less money than Long got?
    Maybe the situation he is in. His team does not want him, no other teams appear to have interest, and where does he think he could go?
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    FWIW, we signed Wallace, Ellerbe, and Wheeler to play for $1M this year, while their contracts will escalate, and let's not forget the Wake deal.

Let's wait and see what Irish comes up with on Albert. He is not a Wake or Wallace, and is desperate to get out of KC, as is KC.
    Albert is not desperate to get out of KC. He just want some clarification on his status.
    Albert was given the franchise tag this season and reportedly is on the trade block. He said he wants clarity in his situation before he returns to the team. NFL Network's Steve Wyche asked Albert on "NFL AM" on Tuesday what he wanted to know before jumping on board with coach Andy Reid's new regime.

"If I'm going to be traded," Albert said, "(I want to know) if I'm going to be there long-term. Right now, everything is uncertain."

Albert said he hasn't "even thought about" if he will show up for mandatory activities. He was asked if he would be willing to play under the terms of his franchise tag despite not signing a long-term contract.

"If it's something I have to do, I'll have to do it. But I'd rather not," Albert said. "I want that long-term commitment. But as you know in football, you don't have too much control of the situation. I want to play for the Chiefs, but I want that commitment long-term."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...as-city-chiefs
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    KC is going to take a LT as the #1 overall pick. Albert plays LT. Can we connect the dots?
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    KC is going to take a LT as the #1 overall pick. Albert plays LT. Can we connect the dots?
    If that LT is Eric Fisher, Albert can stay at LT while Fisher moves over to the right side. Fisher has already said he is willing to play RT as a rookie.

According to Tony Pauline
    Sources tell me several position coaches for the Kansas City Chiefs prefer tackle Eric Fisher over Luke Joeckel....
    https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/stat...56523286134784
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our needs are straight forward: Premier players. With our assets this spring we need to target premier players. I would try to go 2-0, via standing pat at 12 and weighing our options as the early picks played out, and then look to move into the first round, or earlier in the second round, by packaging some combination of 42 and 54 along with other picks.

2-0 is a great day. I've mentioned that before in relation to my betting. We should strive for 2-0. Two premier players, Pro Bowl types. Jim Valvano's think/laugh/cry is a great day and also quite steep. You're adding that extra hurdle.

Albert is not a premier player. It would be the same flawed thought process that we've specialized in for decades. Sloppily patch this hole, just like we're determined to patch the stadium. Far more astute to allow that weakness to remain and hope something falls our way, while making darn sure we give ourselves the best logical and mathematical opportunity to acquire special talent.

Every year you get the crap conventional wisdom that this draft is deep and strong into the late second round, or extends into the mid third round. Whatever. Subjective muck muck that must sound great to type out. Meanwhile, over a long sample the results spit out the same, that first round through early second round provides the greatest opportunity for a Pro Bowl or similar caliber player. We should invest our additional resources in 2013 along those lines. If we trade for this guy Albert, he's a talented pass blocker who was a prime pick several years ago, and in all likelihood has already spent his best years. A self centered player with back issues might surprise on the high end, but it's certainly not the favorite. More likely it's simply another B or B- player instead of C or C+, which doesn't do you any good.

In a short game you might win with a pair of 9s. To win the league, stockpile aces.

In the middle rounds, I would target the positions considered deepest. That is one aspect that seems to hold up. We blew it in the tight end draft a few years ago, and in the wide receiver draft last season we allowed T.Y. Hilton to slip past us, in favor of a tight end, even though there was a well known gap between the top rated tight ends and the next tier.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BSQ View Post
    Trade for Albert, draft Eifert.
    Second this.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    There are many here who do not fully understand NFL contracts, and cap implications. For the intent of this thread, I chose to eliminate the money because there is no way Ireland is going to put the team in cap hell on this signing, and some posters are thinking Albert will cost $9M a year, which is not true.

I would welcome talking with you on all financial implications, here or on a different thread, if ya like. I just tried to make this thread on players and play.
    And a lot more don't fully understand the dramatically decreased need for all-pro LTs any longer, but that doesn't mean you don't discuss it. You simply cannot separate the factors.

I made a delicious cake. There's cyanide in it, but nevermind that as most don't know how cyanide actually works. Instead, let's discuss how amazing the icing is.

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Last edited by Southbeach 2; 04-20-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    WOW !!! After that post, you're being a poster, let alone an Admin is a scary thought. A cyanide cake, even in jest , is horrible thing to post. And my post was edited? Hard to imagine.
    Ah...wow. First time you've ever seen an analogy, eh? Yes, you're right, I literally baked a cake with cyanide in it. Makes a ton of sense.
    Quote Quote