Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: A Very Simple Look at An Albert Trade

1. -61
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We're going against the grain of the elite teams just by paying a LT so much money, throw in a second round pick on top of it and Ireland is going against the grain of probably every other GM in the league. I'm all for innovation and creativity but I think in this instance we should just play copycat and do what the better teams do.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    A week ago and prior I would be trading up for a LT and Fisher would be the gold to me.

Now? there talkin 3 LT in first five picks. too much to give up and I hear Oakland wants the motherlode. Not worth it anymore.

Cleveland might not be good enough to get Johnson.

So I say even if we do not get Albert, which I am for over drafting a green guy, I wouldnt get desperate at this point because KC might end up getting stuck after the draft. They should want this to happen IMO. People must remember we still have Garner with Yeatman looking to make some noise.

My first pick is Cooper at 12. If he is gone, I pray we get Eifert. I think CB is deep as is DE and so not bending for Albert draft day still allows us to get some good CB's, S, TE, DE and even G with our current picks.

In other words, I wouldnt trade up for anyone and wouldnt lose my cookies if Albert wasnt traded for. We still have a whole offseason to trade or even get Winston.

I have now come to the conclusion that trading up or down is not likely and we can easily stay right where we are and get 5 guys who solidify the future of this team.

I think we are looking to trade up later picks to move into 4th 5th round IMO because I hear we are looking to come out of this draft with 7-8 guys, not 11.
    FF, I know you are a VG poster here BUT, when you mention Garner and Yeatman, I have to question what you have been drinking, and want two of them.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I don't know where you get the average salary for a LT is $9 mill from, a quick google search tells me its $5 million. Sure, the average salary for the top paid left tackles is probably north of $9 million but then most of those guys are playing on crap teams...
    I believe they are talking tag average.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Forget Albert. I don't think he's to good. Why give up on Martin after 1 year. Lets try to develop our young talent. It's not like Martins a scrub. He was just a rookie and had to take his lumps.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    Yeah you have a point there because only 3 left tackles have ever been drafted #1 overall in nfl history..Yon Rary '68, Orlando Pace '97, Jake Long '08. But it's looking like all three might end up in Canton one day..

And was the last time Andy Reid was wrong on a Qb? Alex Smith completed over 60% of his passes and had a rating of 90.7 and 104.1 in the last two years. He was a muff fumble away from bringing his team to a SB in 2011..

We had just one quarterback to do that in the last decade!
    Jake Long in Canton? I only wish I could make this smiley bigger:

And Alex Smith is nothing more than a mediocre QB that benefited from a coach that finally knew how to mask his weaknesses and use him sparingly. The fact that we managed to have far worse QBs (who I have no doubt were defended to no end by some...) doesn't suddenly make him good. Andy Reid will be able to do the same, just like he has with all his other mediocre QBs. And he'll continue to field a mediocre team, just like he always has.

Quote Quote  

6. -66
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

And Alex Smith is nothing more than a mediocre QB that benefited from a coach that finally knew how to mask his weaknesses and use him sparingly. The fact that we managed to have far worse QBs (who I have no doubt were defended to no end by some...) doesn't suddenly make him good. Andy Reid will be able to do the same, just like he has with all his other mediocre QBs. And he'll continue to field a mediocre team, just like he always has.
    Great post, and very well said.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Give 'em Marshall's 3rd and a 6th next season and I'd be a lot finer with that than either of our 2nds... considering his back issues.

Thanks for leaving behind a legacy of inconsistent performance, setting the Gold standard for
    mediocre coaching & piss-poor GM decision-making before stealing away like a thief in the nite!

Quote Quote  

8. -68
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    We're going against the grain of the elite teams just by paying a LT so much money, throw in a second round pick on top of it and Ireland is going against the grain of probably every other GM in the league. I'm all for innovation and creativity but I think in this instance we should just play copycat and do what the better teams do.
    1. Houston Texans: Duane Brown 1st Round (8.9 MillPer Yea) (Made The Playoffs)
    2. Cincinatti Bengals: Andrew Whitworth 2nd Round (9.7 Mill Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
    3. Washington Redskins:Trent Williams 1st Round (10 Mill Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
    4. Seattle Seahawks: Russell Ogung 1st Round (8 Million Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
    5. San Francisco 49ers: Joe Stalley 1st Round (7 Mill Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
    6. Atlanta Falcons : Sam Baker 1st Round (6.8 Mill Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)
    7. Minnesota Vikings : Matt Kalill 1st Round (4.5 Mill Per Year On His Rookie Deal, new CBA Rules) (Made The Playoffs)
    8. New England Patriots: Nate Solder 1st Round (2.1 Million Per Year On His Rookie Deal, new CBA Rules)(Made The Playoffs)
    9. Indianapolis Colts: Anthony Castonzo 1st Round (2.0 Million Per Year On His Rookie Deal, new CBA Rules) (Made The Playoffs)
    10.Denver Broncos : Ryan Claddy 1st Round (9.8 Million Per Year) (Made The Playoffs)

Including the Ravens, with Bryant Mckinnie, all but two playoff teams had a first round Left Tackle!

Green Bay (NewHouse 5th Round)
    Bengals (Whitworth 2nd Round)

So the argument can be made to pass on albert and give up whatever we need in order to get a LT, no matter how much we think it's just not that important.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I predict that the only way we trade the #54 pick for Albert is if we trade out of the #12 spot and pick up an extra high pick

Big-time players make big-time plays in big-time games.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

Before his injury, Long was on pace to make his 5th consecutive Pro-Bowl. He long regain his form, he will end up in canton someday. That's not even funny. Especially considering the fact that some players have accomplished less than him and ended up making it..

Okay, Donovan McNabb and Micheal Vick are mediocre!!! WOW!

Donovan:
    Career highlights and awards
    6 Pro Bowl (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2009)
    NFC Offensive Player of the Year (2004)
    NFC Player of the Year (2004)
    NFC Champion (2004)
    Philadelphia Eagles 75th Anniversary Team
    NFL Top 100 Ranking (2011-100th)
    3 Big East Offensive Player of the Year (1996-1998)

Vick!
    Best College Football Player ESPY Award (2000)
    2001 Toyota Gator Bowl MVP
    4 Pro Bowl (2002, 2004, 2005, 2010)
    Archie Griffin Award (1999)
    Best NFL Player ESPY Award (2003)
    Ed Block Courage Award (2009)
    NFL Comeback Player of the Year (2010)
    Other Awards
    All-time NFL leading rusher for quarterbacks (5,219 yards)
    Quote Quote