Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN vs. NFL Net.

1. -1
    GoFishGo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Slingerlands, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION ESPN vs. NFL Net.

I recently got NFL network and was wondering with station is better for watching the draft?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bro I enjoy listening to NFL Network during the draft as I enjoy and respect Mike Mayock more than Mel Kiper. To each his own. Hope you enjoy the draft.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nfl network
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Bro I enjoy listening to NFL Network during the draft as I enjoy and respect Mike Mayock more than Mel Kiper. To each his own. Hope you enjoy the draft.
    ^^ This
    Mike Mayock >>> Mel Kiper
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've been watching the draft since 1990 and always thought having ESPN was the greatest, just because, I could get my football and draft fix 24/7. But since NFLN debuted, there is no comparison as to who has the better draft coverage overall. NFLN is by far, the better network to watch for draft coverage and analysis. Mike Mayock and Charles Davis are fantastic. Now they've added Daniel Jeremiah to the mix and things have gotten even better.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I cannot stomach Chris Berman and Kiper....although I like Todd McShay on ESPN. The NFL Network is slightly better. Mayock does a decent job.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i tape em both...but watch the nfl network one real time...if you like the whole hip hop thing and music etc espns will hype you up...nfl network is pure football...the only thing i don't like about the the nfl network coverage is they waste too much times talking to college coaches who they have on as guest...i don't give a rip how you feel about a player you coached...give me more prospect analysis and meat and potatoes

i'll put to this way if you plan on watching it with your wife or significant other (which is a mistake in the first place) espn is probably the one that will keep them entertained more and help keep their traps shut...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The NFL Network takes kind of an unconventional approach to covering the Draft.

They actually talk about the picks as they are made!

I know it sounds crazy, where are the "human interest" features?Where are the boring roundtable discussions about the new Schedule or concussions?Why are they spending so much time talking about the player who was just selected and how he fits his new team?

I can't answer those questions, you will have to try to do that yourself.
    It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I tape them both. I tend to watch ESPN real time (more commercials for breaks, food, etc) and then re-watch the NFL Network later b/c they break down better tape and go more in-depth.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NFL Network is just better in every way for serious football, imo. From a strictly audience standpoint: NFLN hires people and structures itself to speak to football fans only, all day; ESPN has to cater to baseball, football, basketball, etc. The general football talk on NFLN is just way better aside from the Gruden QB stuff which is fantastic. And Mayock + Jeremiah + Davis>>>>>>Kiper + McShay on draft night. Jeremiah in particular was a really good hire for them, he's really good at his job, imo - the NFLN guys in general just interact better with each other and don't have the trademark ESPN ego.
    Quote Quote