Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tank Carradine clocks 4.75 forty at Pro Day

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    According to PFT we didn't even have a scout there which strikes me as odd
    strikes me as damn dumb...i hope they didn't scratch him for medical...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastbourne, England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really, really want this guy at 12. He will turn out to be the best pass rusher in this draft. Imagine him lined up opposite Wake, scary! We can get a corner with our second pick, which I think will be a trade back into the bottom of the 1st.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the most impressive number is the 1.63 10 yard split...usually with an acl the last thing to come back is your burst and explosion...we are talking about less than 5 months post op here...and he's clocking low 1.6's...makes me think he's a tenth faster in that split time fully healthy...

the only concern i see here other than medical is this guys got one year of high end production and tape...but he's too explosive and burst athlete and bends well and flattens and closes to the football for me to think this is much risk...best looking of the prototype 43 de's pass rush wise i saw on tape...gets a little upright off the ball sometimes and thus loses the leverage battle but i think that's more about coaching and technique and can be easily corrected...
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    strikes me as damn dumb...i hope they didn't scratch him for medical...
    Agreed...that very well could be. I honestly just don't think they are looking too hard at 3-down DE's that are going to go in the 1st round...which isn't smart but I just think thats the way they are looking at it. They seem to be more interested in the Cory Lemonier, Washington, Taylor types who are going to be situational guys at first.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    Agreed...that very well could be. I honestly just don't think they are looking too hard at 3-down DE's that are going to go in the 1st round...which isn't smart but I just think thats the way they are looking at it. They seem to be more interested in the Cory Lemonier, Washington, Taylor types who are going to be situational guys at first.
    there's no reason miami couldn't use this guy as a situational rusher though either early on...he's got the explosion tools and burst to be a very good fit there...strikes me if miami is not interested they want to use the top pick at least somewhere else and get a value pass rusher later...ie the 3rd round like you said a cornelius washington a devin taylor etc...

i don't hate that idea i like the value of it but still it's hard to pass up every down premium talent for situational down the line...i guess they want to make sure vernon gets his snaps...and i get that as well...him and shelby do deserve to be in the rotation...
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Carradine is a freak.....everyone knew that. This will only help his cause getting drafted b/c it shows how quickly he is healing. I still like Werner better as a pure football player. Carradine has ridiculous upside though, he's just really raw as a football player. He gets killed in the run game b/c he plays high and he needs to get quicker off the snap.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    werners ceiling is much lower than carradines...carradines a pup...only scratched the surface...agreed though that he needs to get off the ball better which he obviously can do given his burst time 5 months post op and he will be a liability vs the run early on while he works on his technique and not becoming so erect after the snap...

probably headed for a rotational 43 de and situational pass rusher role as a rookie while he works on his technique and leverage and gets coached up...but in 2 years i see every down high end de...and difference maker
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    there's no reason miami couldn't use this guy as a situational rusher though either early on...he's got the explosion tools and burst to be a very good fit there...strikes me if miami is not interested they want to use the top pick at least somewhere else and get a value pass rusher later...ie the 3rd round like you said a cornelius washington a devin taylor etc...

i don't hate that idea i like the value of it but still it's hard to pass up every down premium talent for situational down the line...i guess they want to make sure vernon gets his snaps...and i get that as well...him and shelby do deserve to be in the rotation...
    Very true...I think they are going CB in the first. (Unless they are willing to trade up for a LT). Another reason why they might not be in on Carradine is the fact that although he's moving really well right now...there is still a question as to whether he is going to be ready to suit up early on in the year. Ireland is in win now mode...and especially with the juggernaut of QBs we play right off the bat if we take a 1st round DE he better be ready to contribute week 1.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most teams won't change their draft boards at all from last week forward. This pro day for Carredine may or may not change his placement, but teams already have an idea what to do. I heard today from an NFL guy that no teams that are smart are changing anything until draft day. They may put indicators on guys but the rankings are the rankings.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Best DE end prospect in 4-3 scheme hands down,,,, picking him at #12 would be tremendous value and fills an immediate need opposite Wake... I hope to fish don't miss the boat on this one...
    #12 Carradine (not jumping on bandwagon now, have been on it for months)
    Can fill CB, RB, OG, WR with pics 2a, 3a,b, 4..
    Trade 2b for Albert.. Don't love the move, but I believe it's best option.. DO NOT like the idea of moving up for a OT at the cost of #12 + pick 2a..

Carradine + Albert > Lane Johnson....
    Quote Quote