Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assembly Passes Leno Bill Taking Illegally Possessed Firearms Off Streets

1. -11
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    I know I'm Florida we have the 10, 20 life law when it comes to crimes involving guns yet state attorneys rarely use them
    Probably because law enforcement has been effectively neutered in their ability to enforce any such laws thanks to incredible lobbying. California appears to be trying to rectify that.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Goatsville, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    You're not for enforcing current laws or not for preventing criminals and the mentally insane from having guns? Or is it just any law that has the word "gun" in it?
    Well, in my opinion;

1- After a man has served his time in prison, he's served his debt and should be made full with all rights that are due any citizen. (Meaning, prison, probation, etc)
    That includes the individual right to keep and bear arms as set forth by the Constitution and the SCOTUS.

2- The laws on the books already, no matter how ridiculous, and no matter how much they fly in the face of the supreme law of the land are more than sufficient.
    I'm not FOR any of them, other than perhaps a gunstore owner having the choice of who he sells to, and the right to deny service to whomever he feels
    of insufficent capacity to possess a firearm.

3- I think open and concealed carry should be the right of every American citizen, everywhere with the exception of persons in the care of a private/public facility, or
    on the property of a private company or citizen that deems it undesirable.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Goatsville, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Probably because law enforcement has been effectively neutered in their ability to enforce any such laws thanks to incredible lobbying. California appears to be trying to rectify that.
    That's pretty silly to say.

Since when has individual liberty "neutered" LEOs?

Now, if you commit a violent felony with a firearm?
    Give 'em the needle.

That's a law I can get behind.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Not really never hear of any lobby groups down here taking issue with criminals using guns etc. I know locally we had a pretty big gunship that's owner decided to start selling without processing background checks and he was also pencil whipping the certificates needed to get a conceal carry license, FEDS took him down and there wasn't any real static from any lobby group. The problem with prosecuting is the state attorneys say they don't have man power or jail space to go after those sentences

The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not an expert on this, but from what I am told this law is similar to the NY Safe act, and may be a huge breech of both the fourth amendment and hipaa laws.

Don't quote me on this, but I feel they attempt to skirt those laws to get access to medical records, and even a prescription for anxiety medication could be a reason for them to confiscate your weapons.

I say this because it just happened in my county, and they are now being sued. I think the state police are lying to cover their tracks, if you do some digging there is some very interesting developments on this.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...130419735/1002

I feel it is an invasion of privacy, and in violation to the fourth amendment. You need just cause to do something like this, and county clerks offices do not have investigative branches, so I think the state police is full of it. In my opinion, the situation that led up to the Colorado movie theatre shooting would be a great example of "probable cause", people had an idea of what he could do, and did almost nothing.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Um, once a law is on the books - it's past the lobbyists. If prosecutors choose not to enforce them, it's their fault. That's the problem.

But, sure, lets make more laws that most likely won't be enforced ... only followed by law abiding citizens. Criminals win.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

The Chase for Lord Stanley Begins ...

LETS GO PENS!
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1 12 13 14 15 16
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Um, once a law is on the books - it's past the lobbyists. If prosecutors choose not to enforce them, it's their fault. That's the problem.

But, sure, lets make more laws that most likely won't be enforced ... only followed by law abiding citizens. Criminals win.
    Again, no new law was passed. The bill is simply allocating money for enforcement of the laws that already exist. Not sure how this is so hard to understand. Prosecutors and police don't have the resources to enforce this stuff (too busy arresting potheads).

And criminals do win. It's so unbelievably easy to get a gun in this country. I wish I could say I'm surprised that people are actually against keeping guns out of the hands of felons and those with dangerous mental illness, but I'm not. We're a country that does absolutely nothing when a bunch of our kids get shot in the face. Nothing. Other than say we should just pray more.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Again, no new law was passed. The bill is simply allocating money for enforcement of the laws that already exist. Not sure how this is so hard to understand. Prosecutors and police don't have the resources to enforce this stuff (too busy arresting potheads).

And criminals do win. It's so unbelievably easy to get a gun in this country. I wish I could say I'm surprised that people are actually against keeping guns out of the hands of felons and those with dangerous mental illness, but I'm not. We're a country that does absolutely nothing when a bunch of our kids get shot in the face. Nothing. Other than say we should just pray more.
    Gonzo I don't think anyone is saying they are against keeping guns out of the hands of a felon or a loon. I know everything I read the keeping guns out of the hands of a loon reaches opposition from all sides. No one can seem to agree about information sharing and how looney you have to be before the right is revoked.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Gonzo I don't think anyone is saying they are against keeping guns out of the hands of a felon or a loon. I know everything I read the keeping guns out of the hands of a loon reaches opposition from all sides. No one can seem to agree about information sharing and how looney you have to be before the right is revoked.
    Goon clearly is. And if you don't support background checks and closing loopholes, then you are indirectly against it as well. I'm against my kid getting getting into our home cleaning supplies, but I'm also against keeping it out of his reach (but still in the reach of the adults) and have no problem with storing it all open on the ground. It's okay though, because I "say" I'm against him getting into it all.

And nobody can agree because one side isn't even willing to discuss it. That's the biggest problem of all. None of this is even open for discussion. The minute the gun lobby hears the word "gun" out of a politician's lips, they're on it like white on rice. This is a perfect example. NO NEW LAW IS BEING MADE, and yet people are all over it. Amazing.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Goon clearly is. And if you don't support background checks and closing loopholes, then you are indirectly against it as well. I'm against my kid getting getting into our home cleaning supplies, but I'm also against keeping it out of his reach (but still in the reach of the adults) and have no problem with storing it all open on the ground. It's okay though, because I "say" I'm against him getting into it all.

And nobody can agree because one side isn't even willing to discuss it. That's the biggest problem of all. None of this is even open for discussion. The minute the gun lobby hears the word "gun" out of a politician's lips, they're on it like white on rice. This is a perfect example. NO NEW LAW IS BEING MADE, and yet people are all over it. Amazing.
    I don't know man as a gun owner and second amendment supporter I have no problem with background checks hell all my guns were purchased through a dealer and my background was checked. I myself questioned do we need a law banning illegal firearms? I admit I was to lazy to read the bill in this thread. I am all for background checks, closing down private sale loophole here in Florida a dealer calls in your info to the FDLE so why can't I if I am selling you a gun? Seems foolish, but the answer I got from a FDLE Agent is we don't have the time for that. As far as keeping guns out of the hands from looney toons I am all for it but sadly time and time against becomes obvious the villain has more rights then the victim!
    Quote Quote