Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: April 21st Buzz Column

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It would be more accurate to say that Ireland loves corn fed and slow.

Last year Miami's team speed was at the very bottom of the NFL.

This year, even adding Wallace, it's still poor. Apart from Wallace, Miami's WRs are slowest in the league. And basically meh at TE and RB.

LD
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Ireland loves speed. Bess's lack of speed, lack of size, and large contract make him a bullseye target when the team goes looking to improve the roster. Adding a Tavon Austin or Ryan Swope upgrades that to a 4.34 speed from Bess' pedestrian speed, and also lowers the price tag for the position while giving Tannehill an exciting young weapon with which to grow. If we still own the #54 pick by the time it comes up, I expect us to call Ryan Swope's name. That all changes if we draft Tavon Austin at #12 or trade away the #54 pick in a trade for Brandon Albert.

Love what Barry Jackson does, but I wish he would cover the Dolphins a little more in-depth like the old days.
    What?
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Well when you look at the fundamentally sound guys on the team, maybe not, but when you look at his roster churn, many of them are speed guys. The periphery of the roster is a lot of speed guys. We consider guys like Roberto Wallace, Les Brown, Tymms, Armon Binns, Anthony Armstrong, Clyde Gates, Michael Egnew, etc. It's a parade of bad football players who only get a second, third, and umpteenth chance because of speed. Usually if I haven't heard of a DB or WR and we give them a tryout, I assume it's because they have speed. Our DB's tend to be speed guys too, like Clemons, Carroll, Wilson, and the departed duo of Davis and Smith. Lately he's also gone for speed at RB with guys like Reggie Bush and Lamar Miller. Even the Wheeler and Ellerbe moves increased our team speed. So I guess it doesn't really surprise me when we're projected to like a speed guy at WR, DB, RB or LB.
    I would make the argument that he actually thinks speed is a cheap, expendable commodity based on the players you named. If you really loved something wouldn't you invest into it? Ireland hasn't invested many high picks/money into speed. Al Davis loved speed and invested a ton of picks trying to make his team the fastest. Of course that didn't work out and i'm not saying Ireland should invest all of his picks into speed, but he should be incorporating speed going forward. Continuing to try to find speed off the scrap heap hasn't/won't cut it. Signing Mike Wallace was a move in the right direction, but that by no means solves the problem.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    bazinga

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Utah's Wasatch Front
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    ### In its perpetual quest for the speed, the Dolphins were one of a limited number of teams that attended a private workout for Utah receiver/All-American kick returner Reggie Dunn, who had four 100-yard touchdown returns last season. They also called him in recent days. He reportedly ran a 4.35 in the 40.

interesting

possible late round pick up ?
    Dunn can Fly. He's Ginn who isn't afraid of contact & Gates but much smarter.

Dunn s/b around on day 3 and would be one more make the transition from the Wasatch front to S Florida.

Another name to keep in mind John White IV as an UDFA. Should Franklin or Benard be acquired by someone else.
    Final mock before draft
    rd player pos school
    1 Martin OL Notre Dame
    2 Bryant WR Clemson
    3 West RB Towson
    4 Gilmore TE Colorado St
    5 Fortt OLB Cal
    6 Ikard C/G Oklahoma
    7 Morris ILB Iowa
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfin530 View Post
    2.3 million isn't that bad.
    HIS CAP HIT # IS ACTUALLY $3,433,000
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/davone-bess/
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would trade him for nothing less than a 4th.and we would have to have swoope or austin here as well
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Pretty interesting read here. A few names we haven't talked about yet, so it gives me a new perspective...and just confuses the situation even more.

Good grab!
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll take M. Goodwin out of A&M.
    Quote Quote