Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Island just officially floated to Tampa

1. -21
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Official, Revis is out of the division. Here he is signing his new contract:

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Captain Wine Cooler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    @AdamSchefter Trade official: Darrelle Revis passed physical. Bucs send 1st in 2013 and conditional 4th in 2014 that could be 3rd to Jets. More on ESPNews

@AdamSchefter Darrelle signed six-year, $96 million deal with Bucs. This year he will make $16 million. Makes $16 million each year. Ripped up old deal

Albert Breer is reporting that it is $96 million, with no guaranteed money. Revis has to earn it all. Breer also reporting it'll be a third round pick in 2014 if Revis is on the roster on the third day of the 2014 year. So yeah, its a third in 2014.
    Last edited by silverfin; 04-21-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if revis ever gets back to his old self he's well worth that price for tampa...i would have parted with a 1st and 3rd for him...guys that damn good a player...best corner in over a decade...best all around corner in maybe 20 years...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Dawn of a new era

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Newport News,Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    good riddance.
    In his office Friday afternoon, Philbin pointed to the practice fields outside and said: "Out there is where we're going to find out about Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore and David Garrard. I don't remember a master plan that said, 'Here's when Ryan's going to play.' If there is one, I was never told about it. We'll let them come to work, and the best man will win."'
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Revis Island just officially floated to Tampa

Jets could have got more if it was closer to the season imo
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not really happy about this. I think it was asinine to pay a CB the money they were paying him and were going to have to pay him. He is the best CB in the NFL, but I'm not sure that's saying very much these days.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    New Mexico Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some early Gang green reaction once Jets fans learned the details of the trade,

TheJetLife This is a pretty bad deal. Here we all were thinking we'd be getting 3+ picks in return...
    Thanks Mevi$, good riddance.

sanchize I am pissed off. What the hell could not do better than a conditional 4th round pick next year. Could not even get a 3rd for this year. That is terrible. What were they waiting for? Why not trade him 3 months ago?

NYJFan10 And we couldn't have signed him to that deal? Revis is right, the Jets aren't committed to winning.

Murrell2878`1st and a '14 4th? WTF...

talisaynon LOL no guaranteed and we only get a 1st and a 4th? LOLOLOL FIRE IDZIK

Wait 1 hour and see how jets fans will be saying they got a steal and Revis wont be good anymore
    No corner in this years draft will be as good as Revis. God he wanted out of the Jets locker room so bad he took no guaranteed money!!

haha to Jets exodus! No more Revis twice a year is an early gift to us! to bad we still face him once this year..
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    I guess it's all good. They still have the best quarterback in the league. According to some...
    That sig entry for the FH logo contest is amazing, I can't see anyone topping that bro, great job Shifty.
    A wise man once told me: "Sometimes when you close your eyes, you can't see."

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Revis Island just officially floated to Tampa

I posted this in the 'LOL at the Jets' thread, but I'll say it again: Mike Wallace coming to the Fins and Darrelle Revis leaving the division? Yeah, I'm cool with that.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and NO Gauranteed money. WOW. I thought only training camp bodies signed those kinda deals.

Honestly, I don't see anyone winning in this trade. It's a wash. $16M/year is A LOT to be giving anyone not named the QB.

The way I see it, the Jets just gave themselves the first big stepping stone to overhauling their roster. While the Bucs seem to have went to Rent-A-Center with bad credit and got the biggest flat screen for the largest possible payment in history.

As far as I'm concerned, this truly is monopoly money.
    Quote Quote