Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Path to the draft guys on Branden Albert trade

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree 100%. We should be holding the leverage here. I want him but I want to give a 3rd instead. Eifert in 1, DJ Hayden at 54, best pass rushing DE with our other 2nd, Albert with our third and then Swope with the other 3rd. If the draft can start this way for us, I would love it !
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    This trade is not happening unless he agree's to a contract to Dawn Aponte's liking. Not salary cap friendly.
    Aponte doesnt make that decision. The basic numbers are agreed to then she does the detail work. Nothing salary cap friendly has been done with most of the contracts signed this offseason. I mean year one yes but thats nothing special anybody can pay a player low in year one but these contracts are not the pure salary cap genius some want to make it out to be
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    This trade is not happening unless he agree's to a contract to Dawn Aponte's liking. Not salary cap friendly.
    After the Sun Sentinel published that article about Aponte, everyone on this forum is tossing her name around left and right, sometimes even more so than the actual general manager of the team...Jeff Ireland. Sorry, I just find it pretty damn funny.
    A wise man once told me: "Sometimes when you close your eyes, you can't see."

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Aponte doesnt make that decision. The basic numbers are agreed to then she does the detail work. Nothing salary cap friendly has been done with most of the contracts signed this offseason. I mean year one yes but thats nothing special anybody can pay a player low in year one but these contracts are not the pure salary cap genius some want to make it out to be
    Aponte is a key member of those contract negotiations. That is the reason she was promoted to executive vice president of football operations last year. She can say no when Ireland says yes.

None of the contracts signed this year puts the Dolphins in salary cap hell next year so I'm not sure what you are complaining about.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by perfect72 View Post
    again, why pick 54? No other team is talking with kc about albert or offering anything for him. Why not pick #82? If kc drafts joeckel #1 & are stuck with albert, the price should be less than a 2nd round pick. I bet they would gladly take pick #82 for albert or they risk getting a lot less or maybe nothing, and have the headache of a guy on the team that refuses to move to rt. Then what...kc should just take #82, be happy they got something decent & move on. The dolphins imho do not have to give up pick # 54 for albert.
    bam!!!!!!

shootout.jpg
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    Aponte is a key member of those contract negotiations. That is the reason she was promoted to executive vice president of football operations last year. She can say no when Ireland says yes.

None of the contracts signed this year puts the Dolphins in salary cap hell next year so I'm not sure what you are complaining about.
    I wasnt complaining i was saying there is nothing special cap wise about any of the contracts she signed last year. Fairly standard contracts.
    As for what say she has neither of us can prove what say she has but Im pretty sure the GM makes these decisions.
    Quote Quote