Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sparano To Jets "Made You Throw Up In Your Mouth"- Trent Dilfer

1. -21
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't believe some of the supporters he still had in his final year as head coach. It was obvious after 2010 that he should have been fired.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tony Sporano going to the Jets showed me just how poor a offensive coach he was. Philbin took basically the same team personal less our starting cornerback and starting all pro receiver Brandon Marshall and overall the team played better.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To me, the biggest buffoon was Rex Ryan and his wanting to hire Sparano as his new Offensive Coordinator. It came from his respect for Tony as a head coach in previous matchups against him. I would bet that it was Ryan's vote and not their dear departed GM who took the bullet for the hire!
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not saying Sparano was a good coach or anything but he did have a major lack of talent on offense every year. Not to mention Chad Henne and Mark Sanchez as his QB's. If Sanchez is throwing the ball......you're screwed no matter what.

ps I do think Sparano was a pretty decent motivator. Just not much brains behind the passion
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdandinches View Post
    He was put in a bad situation, BP brought him in to be his puppet. When BP realized his style of play is no longer effective in the NFL he left and left TS out to dry.
    I agree, and to be honest I never liked Parcells at all; although Tony seemed like a genuinely nice guy. IMO, 2008 was somewhat successful because of the surprising Wildcat and an intelligent game manager in Pennington. Sparano really didn't have much to do with it at all. In 2009, everyone figured out the WC and along comes Henne. Henne may not have been the answer, but he was also handicapped by Henning's playcalling. It was sickening to see Henne drive the team down the field to the Red Zone, only to have Henning call 3 WC plays (which went nowhere) and kick a FG. And, when either Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams were on a hot streak, they were pulled and replaced by the other to accommodate the coaching staff's pre-determined snap count. Nolan's defense wasn't much better... how many times did Miami play 45-50 minutes of good defense, only to go into some sort of prevent defense at the end and lose? This team was run by a bunch of idiots.

Parcells royally screwed this team; both financially and on the field. Personally, I'd never allow him in the Hall Of Fame. When he left, I wanted every single person associated with him fired. Of course, Ireland is still here. I honestly hope that he's savvy enough to shake off the stench of the Tuna and turn this team around (with Philbin's help).
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wanted to see if he would actually ever grow as a HC (he did alway have the team playing very hard for him), but he never did (he was a horrible game day coach on day 1, he was a horrible game day coach when he was let go. Big reason as a coordinator, the Jets made a huge mistake...maybe if they had given him a job at his old position of O-line coach, it may have worked....maybe.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    the guys a clown as an oc...i'm surprised he's still in the league to be honest...i wouldn't be happy if he was coaching my son in pop warner...
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey81701 View Post
    Not to defend Sparano, but when your QB is Sanchez your top TE is Cumberland, and your top receiver is Jeremy Kerley and your RB is Shonn Greene, chances are your not going to be able to do anything on offense no matter what you call
    All lies. Sanchez and Green led the Jets to 2 AFC Title Games and are elite.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Sparano To Jets "Made You Throw Up In Your Mouth"- Trent Dilfer

All QBs except for Pennington have not played well for Sparano. Pennington was a very effective decision maker. There is an argument to be made that Sparano's approach and coaching is inhibits effective decision making for his QBs. Pennington was like having another coach at QB. I could see him continuing to make good decisions under a bad system and negative influence. While I am not convinced Sparano is the source of the problems, I am open to this hypothesis!
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This was a match made in heaven! That's for jest opponents. To take a clueless HC who enabled a dinosaur like Henning to call predictable plays and blame his players for not executing them, with less than a season of calling Dallas's mostly Todd Hailey's air offensiive plays before being relieved of those duties was hubris on the part of their loudmouth'ed, in-over-his-head tootsie-loving HC. Obviously the man is obsessed with our Fins and instead of making an informed, appropriate decision, hoped against hope with no tangible reason to do so, that Sparano would be successful and laud it over the Fins. That Sparano was allowed to also bring along our OL bozo, who then fell on his sword defending Wayne Hunter of all players, was just tasty icing on our cake. Overall, the decision to hire an unqualified, largely clueless Meatball says more about how clueless Rex is than it does about how inept Tony is.

"geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish
    the tanny/sanchez days were here again" > Darksider, Jetnation

Quote Quote