Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 Rd Mock Draft leveraging Mayock, Kiper, McShay & CBS

1. -1
    Starter
    WPA:
    vCash:

7 Rd Mock Draft leveraging Mayock, Kiper, McShay & CBS

At least two of the sources I mentioned have the player I selected available in that given round via their mock drafts, value boards or prospect rankings.

1. Star Lotulelei - DT Utah
    2a. Jamar Taylor - CB Boise St
    2b. Trade with KC for Branden Albert
    3a. Cornelius Washington -DE Georgia
    3b. Ryan Swope - WR Texas A&M
    4. David Amerson - CB NC State
    5a. Jelani Jenkins - LB Florida
    5b. Knile Davis - RB Arkansas
    7a. Chris Faulk - OT LSU
    7b. Michael Williams - TE Alabama
    7c. Cody Davis - S Texas Tech

Fills needs offensively and defensively, and fortifies DL as a strength for years to come.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dania Beach, FL.
    Not a fan of going defense with the first 3 picks. I doubt that we wait until the 7th round to go TE. I think you might see Eifert at 12. I like the CBs you selected and like the fact that a quality runningback was picked. I worry about the durability of Miller and have yet to see Thomas be a guy thats a difference maker. Overall good job
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Understand your position but 2 of the first 5 picks are offense. Regarding TE, I think Ireland is committed to giving Egnew another year to prove his worth backing up Keller. Williams would provide a strong in line blocker who can catch.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Change Star with Cooper or Eifert and I'd like it. Would also like to see a guard drafted somewhere in top 4 rounds.

------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran
    WPA:
    vCash:
    I actually think it's a high probability that the Dolphins take a DT in the 1st round. If Star is there, I don't think Ireland would pass him up. More likely, I think a player like Sylvester Williams could be the guy. I would also be pretty happy to get Amerson in R4 as I think he'll go R2.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by EireTiger View Post

Fills needs offensively and defensively, and fortifies DT as a strength for years to come.
    Fixed it for you. I agree that Star will most likely fortify the DT position but Cornelius Washington is being overhyped, like many prospects, based off of his performances in the East-West Shrine game and Senior Bowl. 4th rounder at best.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Id be happy with that. Lotulelei is a beast. but if he's not available and we trade for Branden Albert (which im on board for) then I wouldnt mind drafting Eifert at #12 but i doubt Ireland will draft him at #12
    Dol-fans....

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter
    WPA:
    vCash:
    I think a 7th rd pick should be a kicker.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler
    WPA:
    vCash:
    I think Justin Paugh has some real sleeper potential.

If he makes it into the 2nd, some mocks have him doing so, I wouldnt mind trading up 6-8 spots and giving up a 6th maybe even a 5th to snag him.

If the come away from the 1st 2 rds with Austin,Paugh, and a corner like Amerson that would be more then solid.

I think my two favs, Millner and Mingo will be gone by the time the Fins draft at 12. I'd roll the dice with Tavon.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seer of Visions
    WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I actually think it's a high probability that the Dolphins take a DT in the 1st round. If Star is there, I don't think Ireland would pass him up. More likely, I think a player like Sylvester Williams could be the guy. I would also be pretty happy to get Amerson in R4 as I think he'll go R2.
    I predicted Star as our selection in a thread I started in the draft forum, it will be a high value selection at 12 and fill the need of future replacement of Starks and Soliai....both of whom may be in their final year in a Dolphins uniform.

It makes more sense to me than reaching for "need" at 12, and would make our D-line rotation very disruptive and "fresh" up the middle.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote