Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List of Dolphins players who could be traded/cut

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION List of Dolphins players who could be traded/cut

RB Daniel Thomas
    WR Davone Bess
    G Richie Incognito
    G John Jerry
    DE Jared Odrick
    DT Randy Starks
    CB Richard Marshall
    CB Dmitri Patterson
    K Dan Carpenter

I wouldn't be shocked if one or more of these players are used as ammo to trade in the draft, or that we draft 1-2 peoples replacement so we cut someone..
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't see any of those players involved in a trade before or during the draft. I think the new rookie class coming in will compete for jobs with the veterans in camp. After that it will shake itself out accordingly. Just my two cents. If I had to predict one from the list I'd go with Dan Carpender. Alot of mocks have us picking Sturgis. Carp cost us two games and has a big contract.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BSQ View Post
    I don't see any of those players involved in a trade before or during the draft. I think the new rookie class coming in will compete for jobs with the veterans in camp. After that it will shake itself out accordingly. Just my two cents. If I had to predict one from the list I'd go with Dan Carpender. Alot of mocks have us picking Sturgis. Carp cost us two games and has a big contract.
    I could see Bess Starks or Odrick... maybe cog, or jerry if they took a G first round
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I predict carpenter and denney get cut.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Lil Qweezy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm hoping we cut both CBs due to two new playmakers in the draft!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    RB Daniel Thomas
    WR Davone Bess
    G Richie Incognito
    G John Jerry
    DE Jared Odrick
    DT Randy Starks
    CB Richard Marshall
    CB Dmitri Patterson
    K Dan Carpenter

I wouldn't be shocked if one or more of these players are used as ammo to trade in the draft, or that we draft 1-2 peoples replacement so we cut someone..
    Although there will probably be picks exchanged during this week’s draft, player trades remain a rarity in the N.F.L., especially compared with other sports. Executives and agents say the primary factor is the challenge of plugging a player into a specific system and the time it takes for a player to become acclimated to a new system and a new playbook.

“A third baseman is a third baseman, doesn’t matter if they play for the Phillies or the Yankees.

But in football, a linebacker in a 3-4 alignment may not play as effectively in a 4-3. A receiving tight end could be ill-suited for a team that requires its tight end to assume significant blocking responsibilities. A cornerback specializing in man-to-man coverage may become devalued in a zone defense.

With free agent market pretty much dried up if we cut or trade some of the players you mention, we currently have no suitable replacements as of this moment. With the exception of maybe Bess. The draft could dictate what happens with a few, such as Daniel Thomas, and John Jerry..

Richie is not getting Cut,
    Starks is not getting cut, and no team is going to trade for a 30 Year Old DT, who's owe close to 9 million guaranteed..
    I don't see what incentive we could gain by cutting Odrick or why another team would want to trade for him since he hasn't perform they way everybody expects him to yet.

Now depending on if we draft a good corner who shows sign of providing immediate impact, I could see R. Marshall or Patterson getting cut..

And I don't know how comfortable I would feel about going into the season with a roookie kicker with our schedule..
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bess will be traded between now and Saturday. Thomas and whichever corner doesn't win the starting job opposite Brent Grimes get traded at the end of training camp for 2014 picks.

Incognito, Odrick, and Starks are safe.

Jerry will be released if he doesn't win a starting job on the right side of the line. Carpenter had better have an awesome training camp with the salary he is owed. Same for Denney.

Whichever corner doesn't win the starting job opposite Brent Grimes is a trade candidate.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hokies class of 2016

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ford LogoDolphins HomerTannehill 17Snakes!Xbox Logo
    where tf did cogs come from? he isnt going anywhere
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I expect Carpenter to be cut, unless a rook that we draft or bring in UD is just awful. Denney also - if Scales can show he's reliable, they will save that money.

I expect at least two CBs to be drafted, and therefore expect Patterson to be cut as well. Marshall stays provided he's healthy.

Bess could be traded, but the right replacement for him would have to be secured first, and I'm not sure this is likely given other needs. He probably has 4th-5th round value at best.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Since Albert wants money that's out of market standards, I'm guessing Miami is going to trade up for a top LT.
    This is going to be a home-run trade, so in order to reduce draft-pick costs, Ireland will use KC desperation to add picks and exchange DE Jared Odrick, WR Davone Bess and picks number #12 & #42 for top overall and pick #63.

That move simplifies things for KC & MIA.

KC can focus on finding a RT to start along Branden Albert plus a development LT in later rounds. Front Officers will announce they maximized the value of top pick by adding a first rounder, a Wes-Welker-equivalent and a pair of high picks.

MIA grabs OT Luke Joeckel, placing the new uniform at every front page and Ireland claims he was prepared to fill biggest hole and will add play-makers during the rest of draft.
    From Mexico, GO PHINS GO!!!
    Quote Quote