Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Albert situation illogical/concerning

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope it is just posturing. Maybe they are trying to lower the asking price for a trade with Oakland....i think that's where they are looking. Oakland's roster is DEPLETED right now and they need picks. KC will take Fisher (sounds like they like him better), then Jax will take probably take Jordan. That leaves Joekel sitting at #3.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Albert situation illogical/concerning

Quote Originally Posted by Tannchise View Post
    doesn't anyone believe Long wasn't healthy enough to earn that money?
    That and when Jake was healthy this year he struggled. But I do agree that something is odd about this Albert deal.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder how much of the Albert talk is a smokescreen for teams we want to trade up with.

By the way has anyone noticed the ad that has been running on this page, a Hyundia for $1,000 a month?!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    People didn't want to pay Long. They don't want to pay/trade for Albert. They are complaining at the prospect of using a high round pick on an offensive lineman. They will also be complaining that enough wasn't done for the line when Tannehill is lying on his back.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Albert situation illogical/concerning

Quote Originally Posted by TraderJoe View Post
    I wonder how much of the Albert talk is a smokescreen for teams we want to trade up with.

By the way has anyone noticed the ad that has been running on this page, a Hyundia for $1,000 a month?!
    1000 per month for a Hyundia? I could a house and Corvette for that. LOL
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People stop being so crazy!!!! Long was damaged goods. Obviously the FIns didn't think he was worth the price tag. Besides, he is gone so lets move on. Albert situation is business. Obviously the fins like him but want him to come down on his price(many of you were bitching about the fins paying him to much). Ireland has an idea of how much they want to pay him and will stick to it. If they don't get him there are many options still available so RELAX. Maybe they sign Winston, Mckinnie or some other tackle or maybe they draft one. Bottom line, settle down and let things play out.

Miami has had a GREAT off season so please stop over reacting to this situation.

Btw....Lets not turn long into the next Brandon Marshall where ppl bring him up for the next year. Obviously Miami knows more about Long than anyone and didn't think he was worth the money.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmev827 View Post
    So Ireland lets Long walk because his asking price was too high. Then he pursues a trade for Albert presumably for 2nd rounder. Now, most recent report is that Albert trade won't happen unless his asking price comes down. Yet Albert is set to make over $9 mill this year with KC. So why would Ireland think that Albert's asking price would be any less than Jake Long type money? (This will get a bit wordy if I try to further explain why this makes no sense but I would guess most get the point).

So on one hand, Ireland is saying, we can afford no Long becuase we have a better and/or cheaper plan. But then goes after Albert, not better or cheaper.

This suggest to me, we have no clear plan for LT. Jonathan Martin is not viewed as a viable option. And, in turn, we have no real plan for the draft because our entire draft plan depends on LT.

The whole thing makes no sense. It screams of impulsive rather than thought out planning. I hope I'm wrong.
    You got me scratching my head at this quote. Long sucked/sucks...
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    London
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would try to wait this out as long as possible. We don't really know what will happen until pick 11. Someone might slide. Like someone mentioned, we hold all the cards on this one.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be shocked if they didnt take a LT in the draft with the first pick. The only way they make the trade for Albert is if its a contract friendly price (which may very well happen if the guy wants a long term contract right this moment).
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't believe most things you read this time of year in the press. Half of it is guessing, the other half is "leaked rumors" that teams leak on purpose for a reason. There's no way we are spending a high second and more money than Long wanted for Albert. We may be leaking that amount to keep other teams from trying to come in and take him away. We don't know, but I'm sure there's a lot more to this than we will know until after the draft (if at all).
    Quote Quote