Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo- Dolphins surprised by Alberts demands

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tie to move on. Sign Winston and draft someone with one of our numerous picks. I like Winston alot better anyway.
    Miami Dolphins '13: 0-0-0
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just a hunch on my part. I think KC is going to draft an OT either way. But It's going to cost Albert his job in KC, IF like expected, they do take an O-Lineman with the 1st pick. Albert doesn't seem to realize he doesn't have much leverage. He's going to be released IMHO, after the draft, IF KC can't trade him. Although Albert would fill a major need at LT, I'd much rather sign Clabo or Winston and try to draft a LT with potential in the middle rounds and if things don't work out draft a LT with the #1 pick in 2014. IF indeed Albert is released, maybe Miami makes another play for him. At this point for $50+ million, It's not worth killing your cap knowing you have so much money tied up into all the F/A's who've signed in 2013 so far. I'd take my chances in the 2014 draft.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i am surprised miami was taken aback by his contract demands...good lord...this front office sometimes i tell ya...they are just dense...ireland taken aback by his price is just ignorant stuff
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    No More Excuses

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
    IMO we don't trade up for any position that doesn't put the ball in the endzone. Draft a RT in round 2 or 3 and roll with it this year seeing what happens.
    This! I don't care if we have to keep a back in to help the LT. One more weapon this year is my preference.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I am surprised people here think that Albert would be inexpensive.
    It's pretty sad if the front office thought he'd be inexpensive as well - who shells out a second round draft pick to someone without expecting him to come at a pretty hefty pricetag?
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FRESNO STATE BULLDOGS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nobody should be surprised. He wants to play LT...why wouldn't he want to be paid like one?

If all you're goin' on is my confession, forget it. I'm simply not credible. -Dale Gribble
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How many touchdowns will this guy score? What about our developmental guys? What about Jonathan Martin?

We've already invested a 2nd round pick him Martin. We may as well see where he is at. He looks much bigger, and reports say he is MUCH stronger. Plus we have Garner and Yeatman waiting to take that next step in their career. It's time to start giving our developed guys a chance and stop wasting picks and money on a position that can "successful" by a serviceable body. We need to use our picks on GAME CHANGERS.

Do the patriots win so because they have the best LT in the game? We have a QB much more athletic than Brady and the 2nd most accurate in the league when is moves outside the pocket. It's time to trust we have the personel to fill the role and focus our draft where it really matters.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm surprised by his demands. I thought he would be looking for 7-7.5 mil but have a long term deal in place. As someone stated above, next year he will be a 30 year old who just played RT. So he will get his 9.8 Mil this year but will not get nearly what we are offering long term. I think by Thursday he may come to his senses. I'm hoping a 3rd is all he costs and 7 mi/yr
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looks like the Chargers are offering the higher pick and willing to pay the money. Move on to the draft Jeff.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fremont, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan91 View Post
    Just a hunch on my part. I think KC is going to draft an OT either way. But It's going to cost Albert his job in KC, IF like expected, they do take an O-Lineman with the 1st pick. Albert doesn't seem to realize he doesn't have much leverage. He's going to be released IMHO, after the draft, IF KC can't trade him. Although Albert would fill a major need at LT, I'd much rather sign Clabo or Winston and try to draft a LT with potential in the middle rounds and if things don't work out draft a LT with the #1 pick in 2014. IF indeed Albert is released, maybe Miami makes another play for him. At this point for $50+ million, It's not worth killing your cap knowing you have so much money tied up into all the F/A's who've signed in 2013 so far. I'd take my chances in the 2014 draft.
    i really doubt that will release albert and eat ALL 9 mill they just paid him because a franchise tag is all guarenteed money
    Quote Quote