Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo- Dolphins surprised by Alberts demands

1. -41
    Just Win, Baby

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    I bet he signs for a 4 year 32M with 20-22M Guaranteed. The signing bonus ALWAYS talks.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    How Bout Them Fins?!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cutler Ridge, South Flori
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadi-Phin View Post
    Looks like the Chargers are offering the higher pick and willing to pay the money. Move on to the draft Jeff.
    whered you get this??? havent heard one thing about the chargers, i hope this is true...
    Trust in Tanny
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    I don't blame Albert and I doubt the Dolphins are really all that surprised. It's how the game is played. One side has to fold, I just hope it's not the Phins.

The truth is the Dolphins have options, Albert doesn't. I doubt he doesn't know that.
    Spot on, AB has the leverage until Miami picks at #54. Once Miami makes the pick he has no more leverage, why not play your hand?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope he asks for 20mill a year so Ireland says no to this stupid trade talk. It'd be a big mistake to trade for a guy who's played 16 in a season only once. He's not worth the money, pick or risk imo. Just draft a damn OT...we have plenty of picks so use those on cheaper, healthier players that don't have the big ego yet.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    In no way can I be surprised at Albert's latest demands surprising our FO. We all have seen where it was reported that he was looking for Long type money, which is fair. I like Big Jake as much as anyone, and more than most. However, with injuries and all else considered, Albert was a bit better the last two years.

IF these are Albert's demands to sign, I would say GFY, which does not mean Good For You.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Super Donator / VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by biggiesmalls3k1 View Post
    whered you get this??? havent heard one thing about the chargers, i hope this is true...
    @BenVolinPBP Hmmm RT @PFCentral: Chargers ahead of Miami right now for

Quote Quote  

7. -47
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I said the same thing when Ozzie Newsome, the guy who knew Rex best, risked losing him to go outside for a special teams coach to be their HC. How did that work out? Ditto the Chief's organization in this case. If knowing him as they do, they're looking to upgrade with an unproven LT over Albert, why should we place a premium on acquiring him?

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does he really think that a year on with that bad back of his he's really going to get the same kind of money? Ok....

This is not a high character guy. Selfish and with an overinflated self worth... just like pretty much all of these LTs. The position isn't worth it, and some of these wide bodies are going to have to learn the hard way.

Sign Winston and cash in that investment you just made on an athletic QB with good pocket awareness. That's why you want those guys, to help out with stuff like this. Oh... and get him pass catchers who can win early in the route. That'll help him a lot more than having 5 Brandon Alberts ever would.

#freespesh
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I do not believe the San Diego stuff for a minute.

Miami needs to keep being patient.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Trapped in Trudeaupia

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    In no way can I be surprised at Albert's latest demands surprising our FO. We all have seen where it was reported that he was looking for Long type money, which is fair. I like Big Jake as much as anyone, and more than most. However, with injuries and all else considered, Albert was a bit better the last two years.

IF these are Albert's demands to sign, I would say GFY, which does not mean Good For You.
    Amen. I think you'd be splitting hairs when discussing whether Albert is better than Long. I think they're the same caliber LT, or at least in the same ballpark, with more or less the same injury risk. I don't think you get more than 3 years of high level production out of either, although Long is 2 years younger). Now, why Mia is/was entertaining giving up a mid 2nd round pick for the same or more money that it would have cost to keep Long is absurd. Keep the pick or use it to move up in the draft. No brainer
    "An appeaser feeds the crocodile in the hope that it will eat him last. But sometimes the croc eats him first anyway."

--Winston Churchill
    Quote Quote