Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL.com seven-round mock draft

1. -11
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I think that's low enough on Damontre Moore that I wouldn't be all that disappointed by it. Got to remember he's still at the very least an athletic, explosive space player that moves and redirects on his feet really well. I think he's an upgrade over Olivier Vernon that way.

I really tend to doubt that D.J. Hayden at 42 overall is happening. I think he's long gone by then. But if they managed to get him there, I'm one happy camper. Extremely happy.

That seems really high to me on Reid Fragel. I know the Dolphins have been sniffing him. I just don't know how well he fits. His mobility isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Obviously I disagree on Jon Cooper all the way at 12. But at least he'll be a good player. On some level that should be good enough.

Wouldn't cry over Ryan Swope in the 3rd.

Malliciah Goodman in the 4th round is an odd choice. I'm not all about Montori Hughes either. Johnathan Stewart seems like Texas A&M connection. Earl Watford fits the profile of what they want.

I would literally dance a jig to see Dennis Johnson taken at the tail end of the 5th round and Vince Williams taken at the tail end of the 7th.

Hell, between D.J. Hayden, Dennis Johnson and Vince Williams I could almost accuse Josh Norris of being influenced by what I've been saying about some of these guys in Miami.

Nah just kidding. There's no "almost" about it. He's been a friend for years. I'm pretty sure it's no coincidence we're like-minded on a lot of prospects. That goes both ways. He has some influence on what I think of some players.
    I think by Thursday D.J. Hayden could be in the conversation for the Dolphins at 12 overall....and probably at least a top 15 pick.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    don't like the damontre moore pick...
    Are you guys kidding me?? Moore was a top 10 pick before the combine, if we get him at 54 that would be a big time steal. I don't care about how he performs in the gym, I want a guy who produces when the pads come on. I watched all the A&M games Moore is a guy always around the ball, always making plays. If his work ethic is improved off the field he will be a great player.

I really don't want to go o-line with our first pick but if the rest of the draft turns out like this I could live with it. Especially if the second round picks turn out to be Hayden and Moore who have first round talent. I would rather grab Jarvis Jones in the first, I definitely think he is worth the risk. May not be a perfect fit for the 4-3 but I just love how much havoc he causes on defense. If not Jones than Eifert who would be a really nice weapon for Tannehill.

I would MUCH rather have Brennan Williams in the fourth and Okafor in the third over Fragel/Goodman. Especially if Cooper is the pick why not pair him up with his teammate. Okafor I think will be a solid starter in the NFL.

Sean Porter is the LB from A&M that I would prefer to have but Stewart seems to be a great leader and respected guy. We seem okay at OLB so although I think Porter would be more productive as a pro Stewart is needed in case something happens to Ellerbe.

Would be really happy if the draft turned out like this. It would be really hard for me to dislike a draft in which we are getting Hayden and Moore in the second.
    God Bless Palestine
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    DieHard FinFan 4 Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bear, DE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought about drafting Moore in the second round of my mock. It's a strong possibility it could go down like that.
    2013 Miami Dolphins Draft Class

1. DE: Dion Jordan -Oregon
    2. DB: Jamar Taylor -Boise State
    3. OG/T: Dallas Thomas-Tennessee
    3. DB: Will Davis-Utah State
    4. OLB: Jelani Jenkins - Florida
    4. TE: Dion Sims - Michigan State
    5. RB: Mike Gillislee-Florida
    5. K: Kaleb Sturgis- Florida
    7. S: Don Jones - Arkansas State
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    I think by Thursday D.J. Hayden could be in the conversation for the Dolphins at 12 overall....and probably at least a top 15 pick.

Why do you think that? I haven't seen any mocks with him in the first round. Hayden is great but at #12 its too risky. I would rather take my chances on Jarvis Jones who has been an absolute monster. A healthy Jarvis Jones is going to be more valuable than a healthy Hayden.

From my understanding Hayden would've been picked 10-15 if healthy so you'd figure hes going to drop with the health concerns. According to recent articles he's being looked at as a second rounder but teams are desperate for CB so maybe you're right. Weirder things have happened in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaticalOne View Post
    I thought about drafting Moore in the second round of my mock. It's a strong possibility it could go down like that.
    I sure hope it does. Moore at 54 would be great. As much as I love Swope I would rather take Keenan Allen at 54 (if Moore is gone) and use 77 on someone else.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    D.J. Hayden is rising purely because teams are realizing his injury concerns are not that concerning. It has nothing to do with people reaching for corners. He, Milliner and Rhodes are the three best corners in the class talent-wise and there's barely a hair separating the three in my opinion.

These other guys that have shoulder tears or knee or ankle injury histories...those in the long term are actually more concerning than Hayden's situation. Hayden will not be affected by his injury long term. Those other guys will be.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    D.J. Hayden is rising purely because teams are realizing his injury concerns are not that concerning. It has nothing to do with people reaching for corners. He, Milliner and Rhodes are the three best corners in the class talent-wise and there's barely a hair separating the three in my opinion.

These other guys that have shoulder tears or knee or ankle injury histories...those in the long term are actually more concerning than Hayden's situation. Hayden will not be affected by his injury long term. Those other guys will be.
    I think your'e spot-on with that first group of CB's, and I think you're right that there's not a lot separating them. I see scheme preference determining who goes where. I can see Rhodes being the first CB off the board at #9.
    Quote Quote