Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 49ers looking to trade into early teens? Miami Dolphins? Tavon Austin?

1. -31
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think if the Falcons and the 49 'ers like the same player look out. I think these two teams will try to out do each other to get the player they want.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fremont, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like how a lot of people want to trade down but yet most of this board is pissed that we traded down for odrick and misi instead of drafting earl thomas....
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The 9ers went from nothing to the Super Bowl in 1 year. They know what they are doing.

The smart thing to do is figure out who they want so badly at #12 and DRAFT HIM OURSELVES.

I HIGHLY suspect that player they want is NOT a LT, too.
    Ryan Tannehill. Ah, what a relief. Life is good.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Looks like the 49ers are targeting Tavon Austin. If he falls to 12 one would think 49ers would look to trade up before Jets selection.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...p-in-nfl-draft

I'm thinking it would take: 2013 First Round (#31), 2013 Secound Round (#2, #34 Overall), 2013 Third Rounder (#12, #74 Overall), 2014 First Round (TBD)

Thoughts?
    My thought is that is ridiculous compensation for #12. Just hilarious. A first, second, third and future first?

#12 is worth 1200 points by the chart. #31 is worth 600. They have the 33rd pick, worth 580.

That's all it'd take. The second they got from Kansas City.

The draft value trade chart ain't hard to find, people. It's even easier to read.

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    It depends on who is available at #12...
    Right.

_
    -

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach8111 View Post
    I like how a lot of people want to trade down but yet most of this board is pissed that we traded down for odrick and misi instead of drafting earl thomas....
    Well that year was a bad year to trade down because there was a clear cut guy that would've helped out our team. I was immediately pissed when we traded down and Earl Thomas was still available. This year, I do not have super strong feelings for one guy outside of Jarvis Jones (who the Dolphins seem to be ignoring) so I wouldn't mind trading down.

The circumstances are not the same. If one of those elite tackles or Dion Jordan or Milliner falls to 12 then don't trade down, obviously. But I dont see those elite guys slipping to us.

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    My thought is that is ridiculous compensation for #12. Just hilarious. A first, second, third and future first?

#12 is worth 1200 points by the chart. #31 is worth 600. They have the 33rd pick, worth 580.

The draft value trade chart ain't hard to find, people. It's even easier to read.
    dont want to piss on your parade, but its actually the 34th pick.

I agree with your point though
    Draft
    1-WR-Marqise Lee
    2-DT-Louis Nix
    3-OG-Gabe Jackson
    4-QB-AJ McCarron
    5-DT-Daniel McCullers
    5-CB-Antone Exum
    6-OT-Antonio Richardson
    7-OT-Seantrel Henderson
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would definitely trade #12 for #31 & #34.

Its been said on numerous occasions there is no elite talent but great depth in this years draft. I would do this and also package both 3rd round picks to get into 2nd.

This would give us picks at 31, 34, 42 & 51 (based on points value), with 54 going to KC for Albert.

When you consider the talent available in 2nd, we could really load up.

WR - Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter
    TE - Zach Ertz
    OG - Justin Pugh, Kyle Long
    DE - Tank Carradine, Margus Hunt, Damontre Moore, Sam Montgomery, Alex Okafor
    DT - Jesse Williams, Jonathan Hankins
    CB - Jamar Taylor, DJ Hayden, Jonathan Banks

I would love to get both Keenan Allen & Damontre Moore. Both considered possible picks at #12 before combine. Package this with Justin Pugh & Jonathan Banks and I would be delighted.

I would definitely make trade.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post

Personally I think people look a bit too much into the draft value chart. Maybe the compensation is a little too much but not extreme. Keep in mind 49ers 2014 first will most likely once again be a late late first rounder. So it's basically a trade for 3 second rounders and a third. 2013 first rounder in my eyes is again basically a second round pick.

It also depends on the caliber of players available at 12 and 31.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Looks like the 49ers are targeting Tavon Austin. If he falls to 12 one would think 49ers would look to trade up before Jets selection.

I'm thinking it would take: 2013 First Round (#31), 2013 Secound Round (#2, #34 Overall), 2013 Third Rounder (#12, #74 Overall), 2014 First Round (TBD)

Thoughts?
    I think we could get #31, #34, and #93 for the #12 pick. I actually hope we do it.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    for that many picks, I would for sure do that. We'd have so many picks, in a draft that is heavily infused with CB, DE and WR talent into the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Yes please.

Based on the widely used draft value chart, we would probably be able to net something like their first, second and MAYBE a fourth and a fifth
    I think we could get a third from them....they have alot of picks, they don't have alot of needs. In their minds, I think they would be willing to part with an extra third to get that one special player they covet.
    Quote Quote