Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 49ers looking to trade into early teens? Miami Dolphins? Tavon Austin?

1. -41
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fall back no further than the teens. That be friggin nuts to give up a top 12 player for a couple 2nd rounders, which are what SFs picks basically are.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins117 View Post
    I really don't care what everyone thinks about our offensive line. I do not believe it is as big as an issues as a lot of people make it out to be. Tavon Austin or Norte dame TE effirite. Our biggest need is weapons... We need to out score the patriots. More weapons more weapons more weapons. And de from auburn. But mostly more weapons. And a CB...
    I completely agree that if you look at the way we ended the season, we need weapons, however, we have some. We added Wallace and Keller, we have a QB thats not a rookie...I think we need to continously build in a methodical way.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    Personally I think people look a bit too much into the draft value chart. Maybe the compensation is a little too much but not extreme. Keep in mind 49ers 2014 first will most likely once again be a late late first rounder. So it's basically a trade for 3 second rounders and a third. 2013 first rounder in my eyes is again basically a second round pick.

It also depends on the caliber of players available at 12 and 31.
    Perhaps. But you clearly didn't look at it at all.

Anyway, this is a buyer's market on trades. Most of the proposed trades I've seen have been bargains relative to the chart, not absurd over reaches.

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    My thought is that is ridiculous compensation for #12. Just hilarious. A first, second, third and future first?

#12 is worth 1200 points by the chart. #31 is worth 600. They have the 33rd pick, worth 580.

That's all it'd take. The second they got from Kansas City.

The draft value trade chart ain't hard to find, people. It's even easier to read.
    I agree the OPs compensation is out of reality. But we might be able to get #31, #34, and their late 3rd round pick, #93, I think . They need to move up for one player. They would still have five or six other picks in the draft. Reality is, more than six rookies are not going to make their team.

For us, we are looking for rookies to step in at T, CB, and a few other positions. They are building for a run this year before Aldon Smith, Iupati, and Kaepernick put them in salary cap hell. This is their year.

We are building for the future. Getting seven rookies with a chance to make an impact will keep us out of salary cap hell. Next year, we'll challenge for the Conference. This year, its just to make the playoffs.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    I'd rather just take Tavon ourselves.
    This.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxFins813 View Post
    I agree the OPs compensation is out of reality. But we might be able to get #31, #34, and their late 3rd round pick, #93, I think . They need to move up for one player. They would still have five or six other picks in the draft. Reality is, more than six rookies are not going to make their team.

For us, we are looking for rookies to step in at T, CB, and a few other positions. They are building for a run this year before Aldon Smith, Iupati, and Kaepernick put them in salary cap hell. This is their year.

We are building for the future. Getting seven rookies with a chance to make an impact will keep us out of salary cap hell. Next year, we'll challenge for the Conference. This year, its just to make the playoffs.
    The 49ers didn't get to having a bunch of picks in this draft by throwing them away unnecessarily. The chart is the chart, and if anything because it's a weak draft trading up in the first is going to be easier than usual. If they want to use their extra picks they'll just trade higher. It's not like there's a shortage of teams trying to trade down.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The 49ers didn't get to having a bunch of picks in this draft by throwing them away unnecessarily. The chart is the chart, and if anything because it's a weak draft trading up in the first is going to be easier than usual. If they want to use their extra picks they'll just trade higher. It's not like there's a shortage of teams trying to trade down.
    They would not be throwing them away unneccessarily. They would be packaging their picks for a specific player. You don't know any better than I, or anyone else, how far they will stray from the chart. You also don't know exactly who they covet. Teams that want to move down are also going to drive a bargain. If in their mind they have a specific player that as a staff believes adds the missing element to a Super Bowl team, you think they are going to allow a third round pick to stand in the way of that deal? If so, I'd love to trade with you on draft day.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins117 View Post
    I really don't care what everyone thinks about our offensive line. I do not believe it is as big as an issues as a lot of people make it out to be. Tavon Austin or Norte dame TE effirite. Our biggest need is weapons... We need to out score the patriots. More weapons more weapons more weapons. And de from auburn. But mostly more weapons. And a CB...
    We can have 5 Pro Bowl WRs on our starting roster. If Tannehill doesn't have solid protection and a decent run-blocking line to keep play action effective, it wouldn't matter how many weapons we have.

Think of our offense like North Korea. You can have the weapons, but if you can't utilize them, you're just a fat head on a wall.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If they offered anything near your prediction, hell yeah I'd be happy if that landed in our laps. I don't see San Fran making that big of a jump for a planner like that, though. He obviously has the potential to be a fantastic playmaker in the NFL, but he's still a gamble like most home run hitters are. Then again, they have had a little arms race with Seattle and the Seahawks just got a shiny new Percy Harvin
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxFins813 View Post
    They would not be throwing them away unneccessarily. They would be packaging their picks for a specific player. You don't know any better than I, or anyone else, how far they will stray from the chart. You also don't know exactly who they covet. Teams that want to move down are also going to drive a bargain. If in their mind they have a specific player that as a staff believes adds the missing element to a Super Bowl team, you think they are going to allow a third round pick to stand in the way of that deal? If so, I'd love to trade with you on draft day.

So because I don't know I should accept any wild-ass theory for what's technically possible? Sorry, no sale.

The 49ers didn't get to be as good as they are being stupid, and they'd be stupid to throw away an extra third rounder when everyone at the top of the draft is desperate to trade down and is more than likely willing to accept fair market value for the picks or less.

Love these hypotheticals, though. One player away, needing to spend an extra third rounder or they can't get their savior, making assumptions about us being GMs. Funny stuff.
    Quote Quote