Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Jeffy will do come Thursday - The Grushcow Forecasting Edition

1. -11
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

What Jeffy will do come Thursday - The Grushcow Forecasting Edition

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Worst mock I've seen.
    Thanks for the input bud, adds a lot.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

I'll ask you guys a couple questions, first of all who is the most likely Dolphins pick at 12, lets say they can't find a trade partner or get Albert. As far as I'm concerned Cooper is a finalist. You get him and you're still stuck without a tackle, you can't wait later than 2 if you want a starting offensive tackle. If Cooper's the pick, better believe we need a solid tackle. We don't have one right now.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    grushcow, ignore the fantasy players. they dont understand football. championship teams draft OL. pittsburgh did after winning SB.

Philbin is looking to build his oline around pouncey/martin. If we were to get Albert, and that trade is still open, then cooper would finish the job once and for all. jerry doesnt fit, incog doesnt fit.

also, if oakland is wiling to deal, and jaxonville doesnt take fisher,then i could see us making a play.

i dont see us coming out of this draft with 11 players. more like 8. and this draft is ripe for trade fest thanks to 4 teams w/ 2 high picks and many picks.
    i also see SD as to desperate at OL period to not draft one.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    grushcow, ignore the fantasy players. they dont understand football. championship teams draft OL. pittsburgh did after winning SB.

Philbin is looking to build his oline around pouncey/martin. If we were to get Albert, and that trade is still open, then cooper would finish the job once and for all. jerry doesnt fit, incog doesnt fit.

also, if oakland is wiling to deal, and jaxonville doesnt take fisher,then i could see us making a play.

i dont see us coming out of this draft with 11 players. more like 8. and this draft is ripe for trade fest thanks to 4 teams w/ 2 high picks and many picks.
    I definitely agree with you on the trades, this one I didn't include trades. I think this really illustrates that we don't have nearly as much leverage on Albert as people think. We need him just as much, maybe more than KC needs to unload him. Our offseason has been setting us up to draft secondary and an interior guy and maybe some DT's, so Cooper just seems the most likely move from our FO.

If we get Albert, I feel like Ireland's gonna recoup a second rounder and trade down (that's why I'll do a mock with trades as I mentioned haha, but obviously none of the haters read that). Then I could easily see us packaging a couple 7's to move into the 6th etc. And I wouldn't be shocked if we got some 2014 mid-late rounders by the end of the day. It's a mock draft, not a dream draft, it's just what I'd see them doing if they had to stand pat, in this situation our hands are tied at tackle and people are not gonna be happy. I wouldn't be happy with most of this draft, but it's not like people in general are pleased following the draft....
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Agreed. We have all the skill players we need. I'd take Austin at 12 if he's there but see no need for a TE. We need OL's and that's why NE and PITT are perpetually good, their QBs (particularly Brady) have plenty of time to check down to second and third options. I'd draft OL's with 2 of the first four and CBs with the other 2.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bill Parcell and Jeff Ireland proved to us that drafting the trenches early and often is the key to almost having winning seasons lol
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Bill Parcell and Jeff Ireland proved to us that drafting the trenches early and often is the key to almost having winning seasons lol
    I don't agree with my post from a draft philosophy stand point. I just think it's very plausible pick by pick if I weren't to pick trades. Personally, I wouldn't touch an interior lineman or right tackle in the first 20 picks, only a left tackle, and even a LT in the top 5 in most instances. Look at the FA's right now, go grab Moore and Clabo, costs you 6 million and boom you have the right side of your line. Elite interior linemen don't win championships, getting solid ones in 2, 3, 4 is the smartest route to take. With that said, we've done a good job of filling holes this season, so it is within reason they'd wanna upgrade at guard.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Ya that's so freaking funny!
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the stadium upgrade referendum is going to influence what we do on Thurs and I believe Ross will be putting his foot down for something sexy. I'm just having a hard time figuring out what moves would be sexy, maybe trade up for Milner, take Eifert or Austin, or one of the DEs, can trade downs be sexy? I'll be shocked if we trade up for a tackle or take a guard at 12 though.

In a normal year I could definitely see Cooper at 12 but the last thing Ross wants to do this year is turn his stadium upgrade referendum into a Jeff Ireland approval rating poll.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would trade our later 2nd and reasonable $$$ for ALBERTS, or any other equally suitable T. But I WOULD NOT "break the bank" for him. And if the truth be told, I'd prefer to sign a F/A RT anyway. We saw a couple of possible F/A Ts earlier this off-season. I/m/o, the BEST solution would be for MIAMI to sign one. He'd be a willing RT, which ALBERTS is NOT, and a lot cheaper than ALBERTS...and w/o back issues, which REALLY worry me. (Remember DARRYL GARDNER?)

I/m/o, MARTIN has the tools to be a very solid LT: all that he needs is a little more bulk (not too much), and more strength. If he gets both, then MIAMI will have created a monster at LT, i/m/o. That means MARTIN must have a "love affair" this offseason...w/the Weights Room!!! It works!!! Remember P SOLIAI when he first got here? He was being tossed around like a rag doll by Middle-Of-The-Pack talent. He DID have that "love affair" w/the Weights Room, and look what happened!!! Try pushing Big PAUL around NOW!!! Lotsa luck.

I would (as I mentioned) prefer to look elsewhere as to ALBERTS, and save that 2nd and cap $$$. I would much rather use that 2nd, and/or 3rd, and/or 4th, and/or 5th---that is to say, whatever it takes--to move up to the 6th or 7th Pick in the 1st Round. And when I got there, I'd pick MINGO. We are in the AFC East. And that means TOMMY BOY. The NY GIANTS (in the SB no less!!!) and BALTIMORE last season showed EVERYONE how to beat N.E.. It isn't w/strength at CB, and it isn't by winning a "shootout". It's w/a ferocious pass rush. MIAMI gets a solid push up the middle w/STARKS and SOLIAI. Putting ODRICK in the DT rotation (where he belongs, i/m/o) can only help. We have a pass rusher in WAKE. I/m/o, we need a pass rushing RDE to go along w/him. I'm not sure about O VERNON, although he did show a little. MINGO's insurance, i/m/o. And who knows? Maybe he'll turn out to be the next JT! I think that it's very possible, and wouldn't THAT be a "gas-gas-gas"? That way, it's "name your poison": arsenic or cyannide?

I would also like to get SWOPE.

ALL of the rest of our Draft Picks should go to CBs, DEs, and Ts..."flyers", looking for that "under the radar" special player, at positions where such a player would REALLY help. And I don't get bent out of shape that STARKS and SOLIAI will be F/As next year. Just be fair w/both, and show them some $$$. We could just be worrying about nothing at all. After all, Big Paul re-signed w/us once already. Just BE FAIR and don't try to cheap your way thru it! I like RANDALL, and I like ODRICK at DT as well. So, i/m/o, there's no need to go DT before the 6th (if at all), and no way that "the sky is falling"!

QED.
    Last edited by luduporcu; 04-22-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Quote