Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Jeffy will do come Thursday - The Grushcow Forecasting Edition

1. -21
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    I would trade our later 2nd and reasonable $$$ for ALBERTS, or any other equally suitable T. But I WOULD NOT "break the bank" for him. And if the truth be told, I'd prefer to sign a F/A RT anyway. We saw a couple of possible F/A Ts earlier this off-season. I/m/o, the BEST solution would be for MIAMI to sign one. He'd be a willing RT, which ALBERTS is NOT, and a lot cheaper than ALBERTS...and w/o back issues, which REALLY worry me. (Remember DARRYL GARDNER?)

I/m/o, MARTIN has the tools to be a very solid LT: all that he needs is a little more bulk (not too much), and more strength. If he gets both, then MIAMI will have created a monster at LT, i/m/o. That means MARTIN must have a "love affair" this offseason...w/the Weights Room!!! It works!!! Remember P SOLIAI when he first got here? He was being tossed around like a rag doll by Middle-Of-The-Pack talent. He DID have that "love affair" w/the Weights Room, and look what happened!!! Try pushing Big PAUL around NOW!!! Lotsa luck.

I would (as I mentioned) prefer to look elsewhere as to ALBERTS, and save that 2nd and cap $$$. I would much rather use that 2nd, and/or 3rd, and/or 4th, and/or 5th---that is to say, whatever it takes--to move up to the 6th or 7th Pick in the 1st Round. And when I got there, I'd pick MINGO. We are in the AFC East. And that means TOMMY BOY. The NY GIANTS (in the SB no less!!!) and BALTIMORE last season showed EVERYONE how to beat N.E.. It isn't w/strength at CB, and it isn't by winning a "shootout". It's w/a ferocious pass rush. MIAMI gets a solid push up the middle w/STARKS and SOLIAI. Putting ODRICK in the DT rotation (where he belongs, i/m/o) can only help. We have a pass rusher in WAKE. I/m/o, we need a pass rushing RDE to go along w/him. I'm not sure about O VERNON, although he did show a little. MINGO's insurance, i/m/o. And who knows? Maybe he'll turn out to be the next JT! I think that it's very possible, and wouldn't THAT be a "gas-gas-gas"? That way, it's "name your poison": arsenic or cyannide?

I would also like to get SWOPE.

ALL of the rest of our Draft Picks should go to CBs, DEs, and Ts..."flyers", looking for that "under the radar" special player, at positions where such a player would REALLY help. And I don't get bent out of shape that STARKS and SOLIAI will be F/As next year. Just be fair w/both, and show them some $$$. We could just be worrying about nothing at all. After all, Big Paul re-signed w/us once already. Just BE FAIR and don't try to cheap your way thru it! I like RANDALL, and I like ODRICK at DT as well. So, i/m/o, there's no need to go DT before the 6th (if at all), and no way that "the sky is falling"!

QED.
    All very good points (although I really don't see the need for Swope, but to each their own). There's a lot of DT's I like in this draft and I think it's worthwhile to groom one, we can grab a solid one in round 3/4. If we traded up I'd vote for Mingo as well, he could go as high as #6 to the Browns, but I would love to snatch him up a pick or 2 before the Jets get a shot at him, that'd be sweet.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Ireland would be digging his own grave with that draft
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by cane6 View Post
    Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Ireland would be digging his own grave with that draft
    Wouldn't be the first time draft guru...but we can't all live in fantasy land, and if we don't land Albert we're gonna have to address offensive tackle earlier than people will like. I'd be happy with most of this draft honestly, outside of the Cooper pick.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grushcow View Post
    I'll ask you guys a couple questions, first of all who is the most likely Dolphins pick at 12, lets say they can't find a trade partner or get Albert. As far as I'm concerned Cooper is a finalist. You get him and you're still stuck without a tackle, you can't wait later than 2 if you want a starting offensive tackle. If Cooper's the pick, better believe we need a solid tackle. We don't have one right now.
    I'm not saying you're wrong or it's a bad mock from a prediction standpoint, i'm just saying if that's the draft i won't be happy.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by mfish41 View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong or it's a bad mock from a prediction standpoint, i'm just saying if that's the draft i won't be happy.
    I won't be happy with Cooper. But Pugh's the best RT we could get at 2a. And for the most part the rest of the guys would be decent fits. I wouldn't be thrilled either, that's why this is a mock not a dream draft. We're seldom happy with how the draft shakes out, why project otherwise?
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It isn't sexy but Cooper is going to be a great player. Heard Daniel J talk about Ozzie drafting saying he always wanted doubles in the 1st round. For all you people who always say BpA, guess what Cooper would be it.
    Our line could be Martin-Cooper-Pouncey-richie-Jerry
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    sick of drafting linemen.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Primary issue I see with this is that Pugh will be an OG in the NFL. So going OG back-to-back doesn't make sense to me - even from an Ireland perspective. But I fear you have the general feel of the draft correct.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FRESNO STATE BULLDOGS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Markcalius View Post
    If we go OL - OL with the first two picks, I think the next time ESPN shows the Dolphins war room you will see the barrel of Ross's revolver in Ireland's mouth. (I will leave "revolver" ambiguous.)
    I lol'd

If all you're goin' on is my confession, forget it. I'm simply not credible. -Dale Gribble
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Primary issue I see with this is that Pugh will be an OG in the NFL. So going OG back-to-back doesn't make sense to me - even from an Ireland perspective. But I fear you have the general feel of the draft correct.
    I think it depends how you project the guy, I think he's got the feet to play tackle. Kyle Long wouldn't be a bad call either, it's just very hypothetical when we don't know what's happening with Albert.
    Quote Quote