Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Fins willing to meet T Albert's price

1. -31
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua and Orange View Post
    I don't believe this report. The chiefs want this trade done to be able to plan around the draft pick. Just them trying to scare up some other interest in Albert in case the Dolphins balk at the price tag. This is them saying "the dolphins will do it...will you?" while knowing Dolphins can't deny this in case they are backed into a corner and forced to meet Alberts contract demands.

Poker playing through the media. Don't believe these bizarre strong reports that tilt in one direction without the culmination of a deal.
    THIS!!!
    This report makes no sense. I mean if we end up missing all the top 4/5 OTs by 54, then offer them 3a, take it or leave it, but there is no way we pull this trade before the draft. It makes no sense. I mean what would happen if we trade now and Lane falls to 12, or Armstead is sitting there at 42?? How stupid would we look then?? There is no way we can pull the trigger on this before the draft.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We better win in this trade because chances are KC will be one of the teams we'll be competing with for a wildcard spot. We traded Davis to our wildcard competition last season and it didn't work in our favor.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Dawn of a new era

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Newport News,Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i wouldn't do it but that's just me.
    In his office Friday afternoon, Philbin pointed to the practice fields outside and said: "Out there is where we're going to find out about Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore and David Garrard. I don't remember a master plan that said, 'Here's when Ryan's going to play.' If there is one, I was never told about it. We'll let them come to work, and the best man will win."'
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe this deal gets done using a big signing bonus and a cap friendly deal
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ewwwhhhh
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we are seeing some type of plan to gather a core group of players that are financially grouped into 3 or 4 year windows. If these numbers are true and we are merely jockeying over the draft pick, I have to think we are looking at a modified "build through the draft" philosophy that involves FA's in their prime. As opposed to FA's past their prime to serve as stop gaps.

It's an accelerated curve that allows for immediate results while developing talent behind the front lines. This is where New England's plan has fallen short in recent years. They continually turn over their roster and haven't proven they can develop elite talent consistently, aside from Brady. Face it, if Brady isn't found.... what do the Patriots truly have? An average team.

Philbin, Sherman and Company have a lineage of developing talent. Green Bay is nearly all developed talent. But this coaching staff has to get us off the ground quickly. They're faced with normal expectations to get in the playoffs and win. But this organization is also starved for sustained success, the seats are empty, the fans are disgruntled and in dire need of an identity.

Bringing in this many high level FA's is a desperate attempt to get us relevant NOW. But behind it all, we have a staff that can develop talent and sustain our success.

Albert is just another piece to protect our initial investment and buy us time to let the staff do what they are great at.

I would disagree that we are in a traditional "win now at all costs" mode. I think Dawn was hired for a purpose. I think Ireland has been allowed a lot of lateral slack. I think we have collected a lot of draft picks intentionally. I have read several posts that reveal if you look 2 or 3 years down the road that we are not, in fact, headed for cap hell. That these contracts are structured to give us options in years 3 and 4. I've also heard how ruthless Dawn is while structuring these contracts.

I think there is a legitimate plan in place. I believe the cap was planned for the next 3 or 4 years. And I think this year is our big acquisition year. I think this is our core for the foreseeable future. Some pieces are fluid, but I think you can look at who has gotten the bigger/longer contracts to see who they view as the core.

It's obvious we're are FINALLY building AROUND our QB and PROTECTING him at the same time.

Regardless of how the money works out or draft picks involved, it's a great time to be a fan.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't want any part of Albert. Save the draft picks and draft a tackle.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Either this guy is much better than we are giving him credit for OR we are really crap out of luck in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't believe this is still going on. Can the cardinals take this guy already, so I can actually look forward to the draft....
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote