Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don't understand why so many people are wanting a TE?

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We'll get Albert for our 2b and draft Eiffert at 12, book it...
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This entire draft is hanging on whether Jon Martin can play left tackle next season and keep Tannehill upright and the run game moving.

If the answer to that is yes, we can draft anybody the hell we want in the first two rounds and pick up a decent right tackle for the ZBS later in the draft. There are several.

If the answer to that is no - then we need to trade for Albert and the above applies OR the draft goes out the window somewhat in terms of a typical year and we have to make some serious moves around the place to snag a good LT.

I think we'll trade for Albert. Not because Martin can't play left (I think he could do it personally) but because this is a tough year to get into the top 5 of the draft and be sure you get a tackle AND with the push we're making we've got to be figuring we'll be drafting lower next season AND there isn't likely to be the same salary cap squeeze next year which will produce decent tackles in FA.

So we take Albert, groom Martin for LT but play him on the right and draft a tackle in the mid rounds.

Then do what the hell we want at the top of the draft.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont think we will draft Eifert, because i the phins have more high hopes in our young TE than we do here on finheaven. If Eifert is indeed that talented, I would take him and that would allow us to let Keller go if needed. Eric Winston is still waiting for our draft outcome, so we have options.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by twix2500 View Post
    I dont think we will draft Eifert, because i the phins have more high hopes in our young TE than we do here on finheaven. If Eifert is indeed that talented, I would take him and that would allow us to let Keller go if needed. Eric Winston is still waiting for our draft outcome, so we have options.
    If Egnew is a stud then great! Philbin and Sherman love two TE sets, in an ideal world Egnew and Eifert would both be long term starters.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember someone asking Steve Young, more than a few years ago, weather he preferred a pro-bowl WR or a pro-bowl TE. At the time, I was surprised to hear, he preferred the pro-bowl TE, but now I understand why. A pro-bowl TE is probably someone who can both block and receive at a high level. That kind of flexibility would be huge for our offense and Tannehill. If Eifert is that guy, and he is there at #12, I would love to have him even if we are over drafting him a little bit.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our main problem is not scoring TDs. A 6'6 TE with great hands would fix that quickly.
    Quote Quote