Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Bloomberg Says Interpretation of Constitution Will ‘Have to Change’ After Boston

1. -51
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    I am not going to get into the interpretations of "advised to stay indoors" vs "shelter in place" or "lock down". As for the residents, they certainly have the right to say no to police searching the area but I am willing to bet the vast majority of them allowed it. I would as well because I have nothing to hide nor am I caught up in the paranoia of a police/government take over.

I certainly understand and respect the opposing side and Boston is a great point but ask yourself, if you were married and living in Watertown during that manhunt, would you have left your family to fend for themselves or would you stay home and protect them, your property and assist the police in any way you could?

In this situation I would have listened to the police and stayed indoors with my family. Now if this happened to me and my family.......

[youtube]lJ93Q7iH9lI[/youtube]

There would be a huge problem. Stand off for sure. No way in hell would I bow down like this.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That video disturbs me both as an American/Canadian citizen and as an attorney
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How exactly is anyone trying to instill fear into you and what rights are they stripping away. The fear you speak of sounds self generated. Attempting to try and improve the safety of a nation is far more important then someones paranoia.
    Oh stop it. The media plays the fear card any chance it gets when the issues at hand are part of a political agenda. How many stories about guns saving lives are aired daily, how many stories about wrongful lawsuits being overturned are aired in the media.

We don't live in a nation where we have to fear for our lives, I don't leave my house fearing for my life but the media and our law makers make it sound like at any given moment someone might blow me up. What I'm saying is so be it, bring it, I don't live in fear of it and neither does anyone I know. So stop this horse **** stripping away of freedoms in the name of safety. You have to be in danger in order to need protection and on the grand scale we as Americans are not in danger.

So stop it and stop trying to blow this fear of whatever up my ass or I'm going to **** it back out on your face.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Ordinary Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Oh stop it. The media plays the fear card any chance it gets when the issues at hand are part of a political agenda. How many stories about guns saving lives are aired daily, how many stories about wrongful lawsuits being overturned are aired in the media.

We don't live in a nation where we have to fear for our lives, I don't leave my house fearing for my life but the media and our law makers make it sound like at any given moment someone might blow me up. What I'm saying is so be it, bring it, I don't live in fear of it and neither does anyone I know. So stop this horse **** stripping away of freedoms in the name of safety. You have to be in danger in order to need protection and on the grand scale we as Americans are not in danger.

So stop it and stop trying to blow this fear of whatever up my ass or I'm going to **** it back out on your face.
    No doubt the media overplays an agenda but again I ask, what rights have been stripped from you?
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CANDolphan View Post
    That video disturbs me both as an American/Canadian citizen and as an attorney
    100% agree. It sends chills up my spine.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No doubt the media overplays an agenda but again I ask, what rights have been stripped from you?
    Well let's see, I guess since I live in NY my right to bare arms is constantly under attack by my Governor and his cronies. Never mind the fact that he actually broke the law in passing the laws that now "keep us safer" in this fine state of NY. I mean I guess we can just go against the state constitution anytime we want and just deem it "necessary for public safety".

Bloomberg took away my freedom to buy a liter of cola, but I guess my right to freedom of consumer choice isn't really guaranteed by the constitution of the United States so there isn't really anything I can do about that I guess.

I've lost my right to protest near the secret service and those under protection whether I know the area is restricted or not, so basically if deemed I can no longer protest to most high ranking government officials and if I did I could be jailed for up to 10 years for doing so, at least when they are in the area of the protest anyway.

I have lost my right to legal search via the IRS who needs nothing so much as a suspicion to rummage through my electronic files to determine my financial records.

My employer can seize my personal cell phone or any other media device if I used that device for work and they are involved in litigation or settlement and they are not required to provide those devices to me. Most larger companies do provide phones and computers to protect their intellectual assets but I can grantee many many Americans use their personal smart phones to check work email and that opens their phones up to seizer without cause.

My right to privacy is being tore down piece by piece by companies like Google and Facebook. They want every piece of sellable user data public so they can make money off from it. I noticed the other day that even though I had specifically not sunk my phone contacts to my facebook that the mobile app that you download for free does this automatically. Check it out go to friends and your friends list will open up with a search window above it. Above the magnifying glass icon in the search window is a person with a magnifying glass over the right shoulder, click it and you will see that facebook knows all of your contacts who have facebook pages and suggests that you friend them. I didn't ask them to do that for me they just decided that I needed them to do it.

I get it, some of those examples are companies who have a TOS just like FInheaven but when the intent to learn as much about you for the sake of profit I know have a problem with the TOS and the company. If the liberty of anonymity is now called paranoia then I guess call me a paranoid person.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Well let's see, I guess since I live in NY my right to bare arms is constantly under attack by my Governor and his cronies. Never mind the fact that he actually broke the law in passing the laws that now "keep us safer" in this fine state of NY. I mean I guess we can just go against the state constitution anytime we want and just deem it "necessary for public safety".

Bloomberg took away my freedom to buy a liter of cola, but I guess my right to freedom of consumer choice isn't really guaranteed by the constitution of the United States so there isn't really anything I can do about that I guess.

I've lost my right to protest near the secret service and those under protection whether I know the area is restricted or not, so basically if deemed I can no longer protest to most high ranking government officials and if I did I could be jailed for up to 10 years for doing so, at least when they are in the area of the protest anyway.

I have lost my right to legal search via the IRS who needs nothing so much as a suspicion to rummage through my electronic files to determine my financial records.

My employer can seize my personal cell phone or any other media device if I used that device for work and they are involved in litigation or settlement and they are not required to provide those devices to me. Most larger companies do provide phones and computers to protect their intellectual assets but I can grantee many many Americans use their personal smart phones to check work email and that opens their phones up to seizer without cause.

My right to privacy is being tore down piece by piece by companies like Google and Facebook. They want every piece of sellable user data public so they can make money off from it. I noticed the other day that even though I had specifically not sunk my phone contacts to my facebook that the mobile app that you download for free does this automatically. Check it out go to friends and your friends list will open up with a search window above it. Above the magnifying glass icon in the search window is a person with a magnifying glass over the right shoulder, click it and you will see that facebook knows all of your contacts who have facebook pages and suggests that you friend them. I didn't ask them to do that for me they just decided that I needed them to do it.

I get it, some of those examples are companies who have a TOS just like FInheaven but when the intent to learn as much about you for the sake of profit I know have a problem with the TOS and the company. If the liberty of anonymity is now called paranoia then I guess call me a paranoid person.
    It will be OK comrade. If all else fails, the state will always love and protect you.

Sometimes it just seems like there's no point. Eventually this country will become a nanny state.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    It will be OK comrade. If all else fails, the state will always love and protect you.

Sometimes it just seems like there's no point. Eventually this country will become a nanny state.
    Well when it does I hope I get assigned someone to wipe my ass so I won't hurt myself doing it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

We're here to save the s*** out of you.
    Quote Quote